Windows 10: How to delete user account with its folder via CMD or Powershell

Discus and support How to delete user account with its folder via CMD or Powershell in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have windows 10 machines with several users on it. I want to delete these user via CMD or Powershell with all their folders desktop, download,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nightearth, Oct 20, 2020.

1. How to delete user account with its folder via CMD or Powershell

I have windows 10 machines with several users on it.

I want to delete these user via CMD or Powershell with all their folders desktop, download, ........etc

The below command :

net user Test /delete

only delete the user which is not enough.

:)

nightearth, Oct 20, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How to delete user account with its folder via CMD or Powershell :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How to delete user account with its folder via CMD or Powershell :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 20, 2020
  3. kenkickr Win User
    Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

How to delete user account with its folder via CMD or Powershell

How to recover accidentally deleted Admin user account in Windows 10?

If you are still logged in to that account, it still exists.

What makes you think you have done something to it?

You can check it.
    1 In File explorer, go to C:\Users and check that the folder C:\Users\johnd {or whatever} still exists
    2 Enter this in a cmd or powershell window
    Code:
    3 Check that johnd {or whatever} is still listed
    4 Enter this in a cmd or powershell window
    Code:
    5 In the response, check that johnd {or whatever} still has this entry in the Group memberships line
    Local Group Memberships *Administrators
    {it might also show Users on that line but that is not significant}

If you post your answers to these questions and the results of your checks, you might be able to get back to where you want to be.

When the problems are resolved -
    - I will suggest creating an additional local Admin account as a spare for use in emergencies such as user profile corruption.
    - I will suggest disabling the Built-In Admin account, UserName "Administrator" {and will explain why}.

Best of luck,
    Denis

Thema:

How to delete user account with its folder via CMD or Powershell

1. How to delete user account with its folder via CMD or Powershell - Similar Threads - delete user account

2. VBoxManage: Control VirtualBox via CMD or PowerShell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VBoxManage: Control VirtualBox via CMD or PowerShell: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sn0oz3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/12znloy/vboxmanage_control_virtualbox_via_cmd_or/
  3. How to enable and connect to LTE/Cellular network via powershell or cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable and connect to LTE/Cellular network via powershell or cmd: Question in the title.Google has been utterly useless at answering this simple question: on LTE capable computers, in windows 10 and 11 Wifi, bluetooth, etc. can be turned off and on by just clicking/tapping on the big icon in the notification area. If the button is blue, it...
  4. How to enable and connect to LTE/Cellular network via powershell or cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable and connect to LTE/Cellular network via powershell or cmd: Question in the title.Google has been utterly useless at answering this simple question: on LTE capable computers, in windows 10 and 11 Wifi, bluetooth, etc. can be turned off and on by just clicking/tapping on the big icon in the notification area. If the button is blue, it...
  5. How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?: I want to delete two shortcuts in my desktop using powershell or cmd but each of them doesn't recognize them. when I enter `dir` in both cmd and pwsh, they jusy not show the shortcuts. it seems like they are ghosts. how can I make to fix this?...
  6. How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?: I want to delete two shortcuts in my desktop using powershell or cmd but each of them doesn't recognize them. when I enter `dir` in both cmd and pwsh, they jusy not show the shortcuts. it seems like they are ghosts. how can I make to fix this?...
  7. Delete a User Profile in C:\Users via Win10 cmd line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete a User Profile in C:\Users via Win10 cmd line: Hey all, I am trying to remove a user account from the Users folder. As it turns out, the command <net user 'user' /delete> does not remove the user profile in the Users folder as well. Windows used to have the delprof and delprof 2 however I have read that they are...
  8. is there a way to delete every x number of files via CMD or powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    is there a way to delete every x number of files via CMD or powershell: in a folder I have 300 files (in my case its over 25k). I wish to delete every 20, or every 30 files, or every set pattern of files, how can this be done? things i've tried, using a few selection tool to select every set number of files so I can delete but none has worked...
  9. Open Cmd via PowerShell, command?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open Cmd via PowerShell, command?: Please i need to open cmd win + r and so i know i need to know how to open it via powershell pls (.bat and so i know it needs to be opened via powershell. Pls PowerShell command to open cmd? Cmd über PowerShell öffnen, Befehl?
  10. Microsoft accounts via CMD

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft accounts via CMD: Hi, I found this thread but it does not really tell me how to add new MS user accounts using CMD, only how to add a local account that has to be switched to an MS account afterwards. I want to be able to create MS accounts for my students and add them to class PC's before...