Windows 10: How to delete VHD

Discus and support How to delete VHD in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hey everyone, this is my first post, but I want to get straight to the point. I created a VHD a few years back and it has grown in file size.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Retuen, May 1, 2021.

1. Retuen Win User

How to delete VHD

Hey everyone, this is my first post, but I want to get straight to the point.

I created a VHD a few years back and it has grown in file size. However, these files are now useless to me and I would like to delete them.
    I unmounted the driver and when i try to delete it from my file explorer, it says the file is in use(see screenshot)

Is there any way to delete this?

My pc specs
    ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz
    Installed RAM8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable)
    Graphics Card Intel HD 5500

How to delete VHD [​IMG]

:)

Retuen, May 1, 2021

2. VHD

i mean, can i delete the vhd (that contains files) from a drive that it is present in. can it be like Drive C or something like that, that doesn't hv like a physical vhd file in a drive.

i think i still haven't explained it properly.

Nemesis1.2, May 1, 2021
  3. VHD

just a small question. can i delete a vhd after i hv mounted it permanently?

Nemesis1.2, May 1, 2021
  4. How to delete VHD

VHD

Yes this is absolutely possible. To remove a VHD please follow the steps below:

How to remove virtual drives in Windows 10

Understand this will remove it and will result in it not being allocated anymore.

DISCLAIMER: Please note this is not a Microsoft website and may contain advertising and/or potentially unwanted programs.

c12f15dc-7bff-4426-b6c1-6cd384eeb051, May 1, 2021
Thema:

How to delete VHD

1. How to delete VHD - Similar Threads - delete VHD

2. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...: I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. It contains my important files and I want to recover it. I recreated a new Disk D change unallocated to Disk D, but it didn't work. What should I do?...
  3. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...: I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. It contains my important files and I want to recover it. I recreated a new Disk D change unallocated to Disk D, but it didn't work. What should I do?...
  4. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account

Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account: Hello, I am experiencing a strange issue with a Windows 11 Enterprise system newly setup and joined to our on-prem domain. There was a local account used for initial login and join, but has since been deleted and the local profile purged. SYSTEMNAME\deletemeFor some reason...
  6. I created a VHD from Disk 0, now i'm wondering how do i delete this virtual disk 1 or at...

I created a VHD from Disk 0, now i'm wondering how do i delete this virtual disk 1 or at...: I looked on Youtube for an hour or so and found, delete volume, merge partitions, format disk but nothing about merge the disks with cmd or powershell.I'm pretty sure it should be possible, since it can be done it can be undone, i just don't know how yet, i need to merge them...
  7. I created a VHD from Disk 0, now i'm wondering how do i delete this virtual disk 1 or at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I created a VHD from Disk 0, now i'm wondering how do i delete this virtual disk 1 or at...: I looked on Youtube for an hour or so and found, delete volume, merge partitions, format disk but nothing about merge the disks with cmd or powershell.I'm pretty sure it should be possible, since it can be done it can be undone, i just don't know how yet, i need to merge them...
  8. about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back: I created a virtual hard drive with the setting fixed size not virtually expanding type and it consumed the space of my local disk i.e. c drive and I have only 128 gb ssd and I am running out of space and as it was a virtual hard drive I am unable to extend my c drive even...
  9. How do i delete/remove a vhd

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How do i delete/remove a vhd: I created a vhd in C:/documents, i can not mount it because it is in use however it is not also it is not in disk management [img] 134001
  10. How do i delete/remove a vhd

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i delete/remove a vhd: I created a vhd in C:/documents, i can not mount it because it is in use however it is not also it is not in disk management [img] 134001