Windows 10: How to delete VHD

Discus and support How to delete VHD in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hey everyone, this is my first post, but I want to get straight to the point. I created a VHD a few years back and it has grown in file size.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Retuen, May 1, 2021.

1. Retuen Win User

How to delete VHD

Hey everyone, this is my first post, but I want to get straight to the point.

I created a VHD a few years back and it has grown in file size. However, these files are now useless to me and I would like to delete them.
    I unmounted the driver and when i try to delete it from my file explorer, it says the file is in use(see screenshot)

Is there any way to delete this?

My pc specs
    ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz
    Installed RAM8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable)
    Graphics Card Intel HD 5500

How to delete VHD [​IMG]

:)

Retuen, May 1, 2021

2. VHD

i mean, can i delete the vhd (that contains files) from a drive that it is present in. can it be like Drive C or something like that, that doesn't hv like a physical vhd file in a drive.

i think i still haven't explained it properly.

Nemesis1.2, May 1, 2021
  3. VHD

just a small question. can i delete a vhd after i hv mounted it permanently?

Nemesis1.2, May 1, 2021
  4. How to delete VHD

VHD

Yes this is absolutely possible. To remove a VHD please follow the steps below:

How to remove virtual drives in Windows 10

Understand this will remove it and will result in it not being allocated anymore.

DISCLAIMER: Please note this is not a Microsoft website and may contain advertising and/or potentially unwanted programs.

c12f15dc-7bff-4426-b6c1-6cd384eeb051, May 1, 2021
Thema:

How to delete VHD

1. How to delete VHD - Similar Threads - delete VHD

2. recycle bin dropdown options has deleted programs in listing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    recycle bin dropdown options has deleted programs in listing: glary utilities and securely delete recycle bin programs have been deleted completed from my PC,but still show up on dropdown menu on rhs clicking of recycle bin.what do i need to do to remove them..thank youRobert...
  3. Paint 3D crashed and deleted all of my projects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3D crashed and deleted all of my projects: Hi there, today I was modeling in Paint 3D and it crashed which deleted all of my projects. This is the second time the app has done this and I'm getting really frustrated. Troubleshooting does nothing, I can't use the recovery tool and I don't have any restoration points. Is...
  4. File Explorer won't let me delete zipped files or something along those lines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer won't let me delete zipped files or something along those lines: I recently downloaded a picture file from dropbox and they installed in a zipped folder. after I had used the photos I tried to delete them out of the zipped folder. I extracted them, I restarted my computer, I've tried what I thought might fix the issue, but still every time...
  5. How to I disable inheriting permission and delete Principal out of my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to I disable inheriting permission and delete Principal out of my computer: Today I was having trouble with installing Microsoft Teams so I decided to contract Microsoft and I got helped by someone named Edlinson and he said the I need to load some applications so he can help me with so I downloaded the app Microsoft support and he assisted me but he...
  6. MS store deleted after reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS store deleted after reset: So I had always problem with windows updates on my laptop becouse they were like freezed or idk what for so long that my laptop just had to shut down.Which boreke it but thats not the main problem.I always factory reseted my laptop with files backup but this time it deleted...
  7. Files I previously download go away after reboot, deleted files also come back after reboot.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files I previously download go away after reboot, deleted files also come back after reboot.: I'm not logged into a temporary profile, I'm getting a message is the start search bar that "the index is not running." When trying to turn it on it says that the windows search service is not started. I tried starting it in service and it said that "windows could not start...
  8. about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back: I created a virtual hard drive with the setting fixed size not virtually expanding type and it consumed the space of my local disk i.e. c drive and I have only 128 gb ssd and I am running out of space and as it was a virtual hard drive I am unable to extend my c drive even...
  9. How do i delete/remove a vhd

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How do i delete/remove a vhd: I created a vhd in C:/documents, i can not mount it because it is in use however it is not also it is not in disk management [img] 134001
  10. How do i delete/remove a vhd

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i delete/remove a vhd: I created a vhd in C:/documents, i can not mount it because it is in use however it is not also it is not in disk management [img] 134001