Windows 10: How to Delete Windows 10 User Password

Discus and support How to Delete Windows 10 User Password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Tonight I did a dumb thing. I've been trying to run RDR2 for PC. One suggestion was try to run the game in "safe mode" with reduced graphics. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dale N, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Dale N Win User

How to Delete Windows 10 User Password

Tonight I did a dumb thing. I've been trying to run RDR2 for PC. One suggestion was try to run the game in "safe mode" with reduced graphics.

So I went into my msconfig and ticked the box that allowed me to Boot into Safe Mode. I did not tick the box that would allow me to boot into "Safe Mode with Networking".

I restarted the PC. The PC came up to the log-in screen. Normally I login with a four digit PIN. The login screen won't accept my four digit login PIN and unfortunately I don't remember my log-in password nor can I find where I wrote it down.

How do I get back in?

I'm running Windows 10 Home updated to build 1903.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Dale

:)

Dale N, Nov 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 User Password

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for showing interest in Windows 10.

Unfortunately there is no way to see what password you have stored on your account. I would suggest you to contact your brother and check if your brother remembers the password and can help you with it.

The other way is that you reset the password (if you are using a Microsoft account)

Reset your password

If you are using a local account, you may remove the password and set a strong password again by yourself or by consulting your brother. To remove the password, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type control panel and click on Ok.
    • On the top right corner, change the view by to large icons.
    • Click on User accounts. And then click on manage another account.
    • Under the list, select your account and click remove/delete password.

Once the password is deleted, you may go to the same settings to set a new password.

Hope this information was helpful. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Nov 7, 2019
  3. how to delete user password?

Hi Susilo,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether the accounts are local account or Microsoft account. Are you trying to remove the login password?

If you are trying to remove the login password, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press windows key + R to open command prompt, and type "netplwiz"
    • Uncheck "user must enter user name and password to use this computer", then click "ok"
    • Enter your user name and password, then click "ok"
    • Restart your computer.
    I would like to inform you that it is recommended to activate the password for security reasons.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Cannot access my User Account on local machine but can access Admin account. Need help finding password but NOT reset it as it will delete saved data.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you reset the local account password it will not delete the Saved data.

I suggest you to back up the saved data and files from the admin account and try to reset the password and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to reset the password.

• Press Windows + R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Reset Password.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Delete Windows 10 User Password - Similar Threads - Delete User Password

2. How to delete password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete password: Help, I volunteer for Love Incorporated and we recieved an older computer that I believe is running Windows 7. The issue here is that a request for a password apprears when windows starts. We don't know who dropped it off so no way to obtain the password. I tried several...
  3. User Administrator Password-protected How to take it of delete User

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    User Administrator Password-protected How to take it of delete User: Good dayI bought 2 notebooks from a guy that is working with me and he bought it on an auction. It was a school auction that closes down because of covid-19 . The problem is that there is two Administrator user that I can't get to bypass. Even when I want to update the laptop...
  4. User Administrator Password-protected How to take it of delete User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Administrator Password-protected How to take it of delete User: Good dayI bought 2 notebooks from a guy that is working with me and he bought it on an auction. It was a school auction that closes down because of covid-19 . The problem is that there is two Administrator user that I can't get to bypass. Even when I want to update the laptop...
  5. User Administrator Password-protected How to take it of delete User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to Delete Windows 10 User Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Delete Windows 10 User Password: Tonight I did a dumb thing. I've been trying to run RDR2 for PC. One suggestion was try to run the game in "safe mode" with reduced graphics. So I went into my msconfig and ticked the box that allowed me to Boot into Safe Mode. I did not tick the box that would allow me to...
  7. How to delete a User Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete a User Profile in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 is a wonderful operating system, and many of us can agree with that. However, there might come a time when to fix some problems, we have to delete the User Profile to set things straight again. Now, many [...] This post How to delete a User...
  8. How to delete User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete User Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When a computer is used by many, it results in multiple Windows accounts. Some are used frequently, while some not so much. At some point, you will need to delete a user profile, primarily if they are not used at [...] This post How to delete User Account in...
  9. how to delete password in windows 10

how to delete password in windows 10: dear forum members i have a dell laptop, os being windows 10. this laptop is for family/home use. some how or other, when windows 10 was loaded, i have given a password to open windows 10/desktop. i want to delete the password so that family members would access to...
  10. Deleting user name and password

Deleting user name and password: A surface pro 4 was given as a Christmas present. Though a very nice machine, it is more complicated than expected. I am returning it, but want to delete My wife's user name and password, but so far have been unsuccessful. How do I sanitize this machine back to its original...