Windows 10: How to delete windows 10 without automatically reinstalling?

Discus and support How to delete windows 10 without automatically reinstalling? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to clean my drive and remove everything from it so that when I turn on my computer, it will boot up into the bios. I don’t want anything left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/measter219, Jan 11, 2021.

1. How to delete windows 10 without automatically reinstalling?

I want to clean my drive and remove everything from it so that when I turn on my computer, it will boot up into the bios.

I don’t want anything left on my drive including the OS and it’s data and I don’t want Windows to automatically reinstall after all of the data is gone. Suggestions?

submitted by /u/measter219
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/measter219, Jan 11, 2021
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! How to delete windows 10 without automatically reinstalling? :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to delete windows 10 without automatically reinstalling?

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

How to delete windows 10 without automatically reinstalling?

1. How to delete windows 10 without automatically reinstalling? - Similar Threads - delete without automatically

2. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??: my pc had a problem where the screen is blank and theres a blinking underscore on the top left corner, i thought its temporary until i learnt its a bigger problem, they say to reinstall windows 10 so i tried with a bootable usb, but the upgrade option is not available because...
  3. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??: my pc had a problem where the screen is blank and theres a blinking underscore on the top left corner, i thought its temporary until i learnt its a bigger problem, they say to reinstall windows 10 so i tried with a bootable usb, but the upgrade option is not available because...
  4. Automatic reinstallation of a language pack, without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic reinstallation of a language pack, without consent: I have the following problem: I have uninstalled English UK from Windows display language, and after I turn off or restart my computer it is reinstalled without my consent/permission. How can I stop this automatic re-download of the said language pack. My default windows...
  5. Automatic reinstallation of a language pack, without consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic reinstallation of a language pack, without consent: I have the following problem: I have uninstalled English UK from Windows display language, and after I turn off or restart my computer it is reinstalled without my consent/permission. How can I stop this automatic re-download of the said language pack. My default windows...
  6. Recover a permanently deleted file accidently deleted without reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover a permanently deleted file accidently deleted without reinstalling windows 10: RECOVER A FILE THAT WAS ACCIDENTLY PERMANENTLY DELETED WITHOUT REINSTALLING WINDOWS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-permanently-deleted-file-accidently/1096ceba-23af-43b6-8e4f-ecfd633c9bdd
  7. Recover a permanently deleted file accidently deleted without reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover a permanently deleted file accidently deleted without reinstalling windows 10: RECOVER A FILE THAT WAS ACCIDENTLY PERMANENTLY DELETED WITHOUT REINSTALLING WINDOWS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-permanently-deleted-file-accidently/1096ceba-23af-43b6-8e4f-ecfd633c9bdd
  8. Recover a permanently deleted file accidently deleted without reinstalling windows 10

9. How to reinstall windows 10 without usb or cd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reinstall windows 10 without usb or cd?: So I bought a prebuilt gaming pc (asus gt15) it came preloaded with windows 10. The pc does not have a DVD drive and it did not come with any USB stick. If I want to reinstall a clean windows version in the future, how do I do this? I got into the bios but don't see anything...
  10. Windows 10 automatic reinstall

Windows 10 automatic reinstall: I have already installed Windows 10 on my brand new PC, and it was working fine for a day or two. Now when I opened my PC, it took me to the installation menu and I have to set up again, but I already have some files and programs downloaded. What shall I do? 55138