Windows 10: How to delete Windows 11 files after rolling back to Windows 10

Discus and support How to delete Windows 11 files after rolling back to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I just rolled back to Windows 10 from Windows 11, the installation of Windows 11 took me around 50GB. Is there any way for me to delete Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Le_Hoang_Dung, Jul 28, 2021.

1. How to delete Windows 11 files after rolling back to Windows 10

Hi,I just rolled back to Windows 10 from Windows 11, the installation of Windows 11 took me around 50GB. Is there any way for me to delete Windows 11 files to get my space back? I've already deleted files in C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DownloadThanks for helping.

:)

Le_Hoang_Dung, Jul 28, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Tintai Win User
    I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Jul 28, 2021
  4. How to delete Windows 11 files after rolling back to Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

How to delete Windows 11 files after rolling back to Windows 10

1. How to delete Windows 11 files after rolling back to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - delete files rolling

2. How to delete Windows 11 update files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to delete Windows 11 update files: So I had a problem where i left the insider program but my Pc downloaded windows 11 but i used the pause all updates so it does not install. I currently do not want windows 11 due to it installed on my pc where i cant have windows 11 due to app support, how can i delete the...
  3. Roll back Windows

Roll back Windows: I have a Lenovo laptop and the audio has stopped working. It was suggested that I roll back 2004 to 1909, but the ten days has passed so Windows will not allow me to do that. Is there a work around for this?...
  4. How to roll back Windows 10

How to roll back Windows 10: The latest Windows update has caused my 2nd monitor to stop working Windows no longer detects its existence. System restore was not enabled perhaps because system disk is small SSD, with secondary HDD, and Settings app does not have option "Go back to the previous version...
  5. Cannot Save files after update; how to roll back?

Cannot Save files after update; how to roll back?: My machine was force fed a larger update which has broken it. I can no longer do "save as", it simply returns the bonkers error message "file not found".. well OF COURSE NOT,.. That's the idea!!!.. If I try "save" of an existing file I get a message saying "Error...
  6. Rolling back to Windows 10

Rolling back to Windows 10: Can someone provide me with instructions for going back to Windows 10? I'm currently on the Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Build 18950.rs_prerelease.190726-1645. I would like to opt out of the Windows 10 preview program. Thank you!...
  7. How to roll back to Windows 10 Redstone after upgrading to Windows 10 1809?

How to roll back to Windows 10 Redstone after upgrading to Windows 10 1809?: Hello all, Yesterday, i upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 redstone 32bit to Windows 10 1809 by downloaded iso file, but after upgrading i lost all apps, drivers and files because i choose not to keep anything. Now, i can't neither connect to the Internet nor install...
  8. How to update after rolling back

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to update after rolling back: So I rolled back the 393 build to the 372 build. Windows is smart enough to not re-update me to 393 when Windows check for updates. There should be a check box or something to allow the update. So now I want to go to 393 again but WU is not seeing it. How do I force it ?...
  9. windows 10 roll back option.

windows 10 roll back option.: Updated my windows 10 1511 registered version to insider preview 14376. I know I can rollback to 1511, my question is if I get another fast ring update, will I lose the option to rollback to 1511. Henry 54762
  10. Windows 10 Reboot Loop after Roll-Back

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reboot Loop after Roll-Back: I had been getting a lot of issues including freezing with the anniversary update. After searching online for the problem, I found out I was not the only one who had it. A fix that was recommended was to Roll-Back to a previous build of Windows 10. I have now done so, but I...