Windows 10: How to delete Windows 11 update files

Discus and support How to delete Windows 11 update files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I had a problem where i left the insider program but my Pc downloaded windows 11 but i used the pause all updates so it does not install. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SturdyRican, Sep 7, 2021.

1. How to delete Windows 11 update files

So I had a problem where i left the insider program but my Pc downloaded windows 11 but i used the pause all updates so it does not install. I currently do not want windows 11 due to it installed on my pc where i cant have windows 11 due to app support, how can i delete the windows update before the 21st of this monththelastdayupdateswontinstall

:)

SturdyRican, Sep 7, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink How to delete Windows 11 update files ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 7, 2021
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Deleting the "SoftwareDistribution" Files

I noticed that "Depending on your HDD Space and you made sure your Updated on Windows 7" that you can delete all the Files "Going into Safe-Mode of course" but i saw a .Txt File that shows the Updates you've installed "That i deleted by mistake" but by deleting that File i saw the updates needed to be installed again but i knew weren't true.

So yeah what ya' think? Should this be a good idea? I saw that over 3GB worth of files!

rk3066, Sep 7, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

How to delete Windows 11 update files

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

How to delete Windows 11 update files

1. How to delete Windows 11 update files - Similar Threads - delete update files

2. How can I delete windows 11 update file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete windows 11 update file: How can I delete windows 11 update file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-windows-11-update-file/53780ebb-d47a-4013-9958-d6251adb9d05
  3. How can I delete windows 11 update file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I delete windows 11 update file: How can I delete windows 11 update file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-windows-11-update-file/53780ebb-d47a-4013-9958-d6251adb9d05
  4. How can I delete windows 11 update file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how to delete windows 11 files on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete windows 11 files on windows 10?: Hi so 5 months ago I stupidly followed someone's advice to "upgrade" to windows 11, however something went bad during the installation and I went back on my decision and clicked on "stay on windows 10 for now" but I'm missing 4Go of storage. When I go in temp files to delete...
  6. Windows 11 Update Deleted All Files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Deleted All Files?: Windows 11 asked to update while I was about to shut down my laptop. I agree and select "update and shut down". When I boot up my laptop today, all of my files are gone, with the user account and things like google chrome and things like that being perfectly fine, albeit...
  7. Windows 11 Update Deleted All Files?

Windows 11 Update Deleted All Files?: Windows 11 asked to update while I was about to shut down my laptop. I agree and select "update and shut down". When I boot up my laptop today, all of my files are gone, with the user account and things like google chrome and things like that being perfectly fine, albeit...
  8. How to delete Windows 11 update files

How to delete Windows 11 update files: I currently do not want to update to windows 11. So how can i delete the windows 11 update files so that my computer doesnt ugrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-windows-11-update-files/f9fcbc34-7120-4241-81e1-3e2ac47ac141
  9. How to delete Windows 11 update files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete Windows 11 update files: I currently do not want to update to windows 11. So how can i delete the windows 11 update files so that my computer doesnt ugrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-windows-11-update-files/f9fcbc34-7120-4241-81e1-3e2ac47ac141
  10. How to delete Windows 11 update files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade