Windows 10: how to delete Windows BT folder ??

Discus and support how to delete Windows BT folder ?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to do a fresh windows install via Refresh Tool and cant because it says couldn't start please try after pc reboot.After quite a bit of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Michaelinho, Mar 19, 2020.

1. how to delete Windows BT folder ??

I am trying to do a fresh windows install via Refresh Tool and cant because it says couldn't start please try after pc reboot.After quite a bit of google-ing i found out that i need to delete the Windows BT Folder, but i can't even in safe mode because it says that i need permission from SYSTEM....how can i get rid of it? i already tried the disk cleanup method and its not showing up there in system files.

UPDATE: tried the cmd commands:

takeown /F C:\$Windows.~BT\* /R /A

icacls C:\$Windows.~BT\*.* /T /grant administrators:F

rmdir /S /Q C:\$Windows.~BT\ .

Still not working , say the current logged user doesnt have administrative privileges and access denied. WTF Windows

submitted by /u/Michaelinho
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Michaelinho, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Tintai Win User

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused how to delete Windows BT folder ?? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well how to delete Windows BT folder ?? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 19, 2020
  4. how to delete Windows BT folder ??

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

The Windows $BT folder is there in case you want to recover the old OS. It's not needed for an upgrade.

But here's a link anyway....*Smile how to delete Windows BT folder ?? :) Windows 10 Build 10240

I think BT is an abbreviation for "Bloat". lol

Pill Monster, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

how to delete Windows BT folder ??

1. how to delete Windows BT folder ?? - Similar Threads - delete folder

2. How do I delete a folder created by mounting the uncompressed install.wim file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a folder created by mounting the uncompressed install.wim file: A quick background: I was extending my recovery drive for the workaround for the win update error: 0x80070643 Windows 10 KB503444. In the process, I had to restore the RE image. I executed: dism /mount-wim /wimfile:"c:\install.wim" /index:1 /mountdir:c:\mountwim /readonly It...
  3. How do I delete a folder created by mounting the uncompressed install.wim file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete a folder created by mounting the uncompressed install.wim file: A quick background: I was extending my recovery drive for the workaround for the win update error: 0x80070643 Windows 10 KB503444. In the process, I had to restore the RE image. I executed: dism /mount-wim /wimfile:"c:\install.wim" /index:1 /mountdir:c:\mountwim /readonly It...
  4. How do I delete a folder created by mounting the uncompressed install.wim file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I deleted an important folder on my Windows 10 computer. Is there any way to recover it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted an important folder on my Windows 10 computer. Is there any way to recover it?: I accidentally deleted an important folder on my Windows 10 computer, and now I need to recover it. I've checked the Recycle Bin and looked for a backup, but no luck. Can anyone help me figure out how to recover the deleted folder? Thanks!...
  6. I deleted an important folder on my Windows 10 computer. Is there any way to recover it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted an important folder on my Windows 10 computer. Is there any way to recover it?: I accidentally deleted an important folder on my Windows 10 computer, and now I need to recover it. I've checked the Recycle Bin and looked for a backup, but no luck. Can anyone help me figure out how to recover the deleted folder? Thanks!...
  7. I deleted an important folder on my Windows 10 computer. Is there any way to recover it?

8. Need help to recover my deleted folders using disk cleaner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help to recover my deleted folders using disk cleaner: Good day...My question today is that is it possible to recover my folders after they permanently deleted using Disk cleaner...I have tried using,,most sofwtares such disk drill and others but i still couldnt recover...
  9. Need help to recover my deleted folders using disk cleaner

Need help to recover my deleted folders using disk cleaner: Good day...My question today is that is it possible to recover my folders after they permanently deleted using Disk cleaner...I have tried using,,most sofwtares such disk drill and others but i still couldnt recover...
  10. Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it

Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it: When i uninstalled adobe acrobat some, folders from my desktop deleted themselves not in the recycle bin and when I try to acces them through quick acces it wont open and gives me this message: "C: \Users\anaci\Desktop\BIP PORTUGAL is unavailable. If the location is on this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. $windows~btfolder