Windows 10: how to delete Windows BT folder ??

Discus and support how to delete Windows BT folder ?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to do a fresh windows install via Refresh Tool and cant because it says couldn't start please try after pc reboot.After quite a bit of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Michaelinho, Mar 19, 2020.

1. how to delete Windows BT folder ??

I am trying to do a fresh windows install via Refresh Tool and cant because it says couldn't start please try after pc reboot.After quite a bit of google-ing i found out that i need to delete the Windows BT Folder, but i can't even in safe mode because it says that i need permission from SYSTEM....how can i get rid of it? i already tried the disk cleanup method and its not showing up there in system files.

UPDATE: tried the cmd commands:

takeown /F C:\$Windows.~BT\* /R /A

icacls C:\$Windows.~BT\*.* /T /grant administrators:F

rmdir /S /Q C:\$Windows.~BT\ .

Still not working , say the current logged user doesnt have administrative privileges and access denied. WTF Windows

submitted by /u/Michaelinho
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Michaelinho, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Tintai Win User

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused how to delete Windows BT folder ?? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well how to delete Windows BT folder ?? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 19, 2020
  4. how to delete Windows BT folder ??

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

The Windows $BT folder is there in case you want to recover the old OS. It's not needed for an upgrade.

But here's a link anyway....*Smile how to delete Windows BT folder ?? :) Windows 10 Build 10240

I think BT is an abbreviation for "Bloat". lol

Pill Monster, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

how to delete Windows BT folder ??

1. how to delete Windows BT folder ?? - Similar Threads - delete folder

2. i deleted one drive folder and it is showing this again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i deleted one drive folder and it is showing this again and again: please tell me what to do it shows evertime when i open explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-one-drive-folder-and-it-is-showing-this/a4351583-5c6c-4559-aa9f-b9cff0e201f2
  3. i deleted one drive folder and it is showing this again and again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i deleted one drive folder and it is showing this again and again: please tell me what to do it shows evertime when i open explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-one-drive-folder-and-it-is-showing-this/a4351583-5c6c-4559-aa9f-b9cff0e201f2
  4. i deleted one drive folder and it is showing this again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it?: Specifications-128GB HDDWindows 11 v22504.1010 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-mountuup-folder-in-windows-11-in-c-drive/805e0bdc-2ec3-4209-9972-aa9c5c6c2ee8
  6. What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it?

What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it?: Specifications-128GB HDDWindows 11 v22504.1010 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-mountuup-folder-in-windows-11-in-c-drive/805e0bdc-2ec3-4209-9972-aa9c5c6c2ee8
  7. Why are my emails deleted from their folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my emails deleted from their folders?: Every time I receive an email that I would like to keep I place it in a selected folder. I have Windows 10 and under the email Folders File I have listed other files that I can file the emails I want to keep.Example: I have a file labelled "Receipts" and I place all of my...
  8. Why are my emails deleted from their folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my emails deleted from their folders?: Every time I receive an email that I would like to keep I place it in a selected folder. I have Windows 10 and under the email Folders File I have listed other files that I can file the emails I want to keep.Example: I have a file labelled "Receipts" and I place all of my...
  9. Why are my emails deleted from their folders?

10. Document can't delete or make folder/files

Document can't delete or make folder/files: My document can be accessed but can't be deleted or create a folder/file that says "You need permission to perform this action You require permission from user to make a change to this file" but I use my admin account and only my documents are like that other folders, for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. $windows~btfolder