Windows 10: How to Delete Windows Defender

Discus and support How to Delete Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. Windows Defender is taking half of my computer ram. Is there anyway to delete it, if I don't need it at all?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by desmondchan2, Oct 21, 2019.

1. How to Delete Windows Defender

Hello. Windows Defender is taking half of my computer ram. Is there anyway to delete it, if I don't need it at all?

:)

desmondchan2, Oct 21, 2019

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 21, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 21, 2019
  4. How to Delete Windows Defender

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

How to Delete Windows Defender

1. How to Delete Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Delete Defender

2. Windows Defender files not deleting while cleaning up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender files not deleting while cleaning up: I've recently been having an issue where performing disk cleanup on non critical windows defender files doesn't delete them but fills them up ever so slightly. It was 15mb before and now it's 26.8mb after performing disk cleanup. Is there a manual way to delete the files in...
  3. Windows Defender files not deleting while cleaning up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender files not deleting while cleaning up: I've recently been having an issue where performing disk cleanup on non critical windows defender files doesn't delete them but fills them up ever so slightly. It was 15mb before and now it's 26.8mb after performing disk cleanup. Is there a manual way to delete the files in...
  4. Windows Defender files not deleting while cleaning up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windown defender has deleted my file exe by visual studio 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windown defender has deleted my file exe by visual studio 2022: Dear allwindown defender always delete my file exe created by visual studio 2022i have tried add Exclusions in windown defender but it can't.My visual studio 2022 can't run programhow to through windown defender scan my file.and i have tried turn off windown defender.help...
  6. Windown defender has deleted my file exe by visual studio 2022

Windown defender has deleted my file exe by visual studio 2022: Dear allwindown defender always delete my file exe created by visual studio 2022i have tried add Exclusions in windown defender but it can't.My visual studio 2022 can't run programhow to through windown defender scan my file.and i have tried turn off windown defender.help...
  7. Windown defender has deleted my file exe by visual studio 2022

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Unable to delete Windows Defender history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete Windows Defender history: I have been trying to delete Windows Defender History for weeks without any success, I have google searched and performed the 5 ways I have found, in file explorer I receive this message " you don't have permission to access these files" when I reach scans in explorer, I have...
  9. Unable to delete Windows Defender history

Unable to delete Windows Defender history: I have been trying to delete Windows Defender History for weeks without any success, I have google searched and performed the 5 ways I have found, in file explorer I receive this message " you don't have permission to access these files" when I reach scans in explorer, I have...
  10. Windows Defender History Crashes; Can’t Delete detections.log

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender History Crashes; Can’t Delete detections.log: [ATTACH]Windows Defender is the default antivirus in Windows PC, which protects the PC against various threats such as malware, viruses, and others. While Windows Defender keeps track of all its actions to safeguard your PC against these threats, many users have complained of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete windows defender 1909

2. how to delete defender from my windows