Windows 10: How to Delete Windows.old folder.

Discus and support How to Delete Windows.old folder. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Community, I have updated a windows10 via Digital key after that window is starting downloading and the windows are updated without losing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ghanendra-Yadav, Jan 11, 2019.

1. How to Delete Windows.old folder.

Hi, Community,

I have updated a windows10 via Digital key after that window is starting downloading and the windows are updated without losing anything in my system, I have seen there is no space in the C drive, when I checked I found there are folder is created and it's consuming almost 30GB space, I am not sure if I delete the folder, is there any possibility that my old data in C Drive going to lost. that's I do not delete the folder. windows.old

Please let me know the safest way to delete the WINDOWS.OLD folder without lost my existing data and programs installed in C drive.

Thanks.

:)

Ghanendra-Yadav, Jan 11, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How to Delete Windows.old folder. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How to Delete Windows.old folder. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink How to Delete Windows.old folder. ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jan 11, 2019
  4. RoboX Win User

How to Delete Windows.old folder.

Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

I have the problem (from Windows 8) to delete the folders windows and programs on a secondary disk on which it was 7 .... know how to get full control to delete those folders?

RoboX, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

How to Delete Windows.old folder.

1. How to Delete Windows.old folder. - Similar Threads - Delete old folder

2. Old Windows folder delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Windows folder delete: I just installed win 10 . I have 2 more drives with Win7 OS( Windows folders) in them. I am trying to delete these folders in vain. I am logged in as administrator. Any ideas?...
  3. How Delete an Old "Users" Folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Delete an Old "Users" Folders: Hi, I build a PC in 2014 and installed W7 and I changed the user profile folders path in the registry for new users to be created on a drive "E:\Users" different from my small ssd "C:" drive. I have already updated to W10 and I am having some small problems, but I can not...
  4. Cant delete windows old folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant delete windows old folder: I have a 20GB file on my desktop called windows old. It won’tlet me delete manually. I have tried disc clean up, clean system files but thePrevious Windows installation(s) does not appear. The location is C:\Users\Newsmall laptop\Desktop. The file was created on 30 ‎October...
  5. How to delete old WindowsApps folder?

How to delete old WindowsApps folder?: I have the problem below. Please help me! 1. Yesterday, I have changed Windows Apps Installation Drive to E: -> Windows 10 created WindowsApps on E: -> I have changed back to C: but WindowsApps folder still exist on E: -> I can not deleted that folder. 2. I reset the...
  6. How to delete old windows file/folder

How to delete old windows file/folder: Hi, I just upgraded my Windows 8 OS to Windows 10 and it has left : Old.windows folder with many included files on my Harddrive. I have already backed up and transferred all the files I wanted to keep from that old version and wish to delete that file and all that is...
  7. When will windows 10 delete windows old folder

When will windows 10 delete windows old folder: Hi, I've had windows installed since 31st July. Runs like a dream now and so well pleased with it. I thought that the old windows 7 - in the windows_old folder would be deleted by now. There was a restart of my computer and I thought that would have done it, but it was only...
  8. Can Windows (old) folder be deleted

Can Windows (old) folder be deleted: Can the "Windows (old)" folder be deleted safely? I only have a 128g ssd for my operating system, and 25gig is being taken up by a folder called Windows (old) I would like to free up some space. 22791
  9. Windows 10.Old Folder cannot be Deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10.Old Folder cannot be Deleted: Hi guys i have Windows.old folder in my c drive every time i try to delete it says ''The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open another program Close the folder or file and try again." Here are the steps are tried to deleting 1. Try using...
  10. How do I delete old Windows folders???

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete old Windows folders???: Okay this is a hard question because I have been trying to do this for a while. I have two old Windows folders - 40 gig of wasted space. Here's what I have done: 1. renamed them 2. tried many times to delete them (or some of them). 3. removed "trusted installer" as the owner...