Windows 10: How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders?

Discus and support How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, I just noticed that I have two new folders on my hard drive one is called ''WindowsApps'' the other ''Program Files''. I have no permissions to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HandsomeJack'sShoe, Feb 19, 2021.

1. How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders?

Hey, I just noticed that I have two new folders on my hard drive one is called ''WindowsApps'' the other ''Program Files''. I have no permissions to read or delete them, even tho I'm the administrator. They seem to be system folders.

Does anyone have an idea how to remove them? They are empty https://imgur.com/a/IsT6LIr and of no use. I did some googling and it seems that WindowsApps is supposed to be Windows Store related but I haven't ever used it, don't know anything about the extra Program Files.

Creation time seems to be from a month ago. Generally speaking everything is supposed to be stored on my SSD, drive C but suddenly system files end on my HDD in a completely different drive. Has anyone experience something similar? What caused this and how can I remove these folders?

:)

HandsomeJack'sShoe, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders?

1. How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders? - Similar Threads - delete ''WindowsApps'' ''Program

2. Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files: Hello there I have some old data in other drives of windows where I had installed xbox games and I think that's what has created that folder. Even though the games are no longer there I can't see to detete those files. I have assigned all permissions but some big files are...
  3. Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files: Hello there I have some old data in other drives of windows where I had installed xbox games and I think that's what has created that folder. Even though the games are no longer there I can't see to detete those files. I have assigned all permissions but some big files are...
  4. How to delete windowsapps folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete windowsapps folder?: So yesterday, my ssd wasnt detected and I restarted my pc and it seems to have fixed it. But, when I try to launch Forza or Hollow knight which is in my SSD it wont launch. I wanted to reinstall it cuz i figured its probably because of my ssd not being detected the other day...
  5. Deleting individual files in WindowsApps Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting individual files in WindowsApps Folder: Hey guys, I need to delete certain files in the WindowsApps folder. Ive changed permissions to be able to modify/delete the actual WindowsApps Folder (I want to delete certain files in the WindowsApp folder not the actual folder itself) through permissions but even though I...
  6. How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and a duplicate ''Program Files'' ?

How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and a duplicate ''Program Files'' ?: Hey, I just noticed that I have two new folders on my hard drive (one is called ''WindowsApps'' the other ''Program Files''. I have no permissions to read or delete them, even tho I'm the administrator. They seem to be system folders. Does anyone have an idea how to remove...
  7. deleted the "Windowsapps" folder in C:\Program Files... What now?

deleted the "Windowsapps" folder in C:\Program Files... What now?: I thought the WindowsApps folder was useless and backed it up and forcefully deleted it but then I just realised that it's very important for computers. Multiple apps have been forcefully uninstalled and because of that, my computer is a little broken probably very. I...
  8. deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: Hi, I'm trying to delete app data from this folder that relates to apps which are no longer on my laptop. I uninstalled these apps a long time ago and their files are still showing in this folder. To delete the files, I'm having to change the permissions on every single...
  9. Cant delete Program Apps and WindowsApps folder...

Cant delete Program Apps and WindowsApps folder...: So basically I wanted to change my default program installation folder.. In system settings I changed it to disk E. Than I changed it back and now I cant delete these 2 folders. Both have 0 bytes and when I want to delete them it says "You require permission from SYSTEM to...
  10. How to delete old WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delete old WindowsApps folder?: I have the problem below. Please help me! 1. Yesterday, I have changed Windows Apps Installation Drive to E: -> Windows 10 created WindowsApps on E: -> I have changed back to C: but WindowsApps folder still exist on E: -> I can not deleted that folder. 2. I reset the...