Windows 10: How to delete WindowsApps?

Discus and support How to delete WindowsApps? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I want to remove WindowsApps folder from the root of my secondary hard drive. I safely uninstalled everything related with Xbox or Microsoft Store... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Shenmue is life, Nov 14, 2018.

1. How to delete WindowsApps?

Hi,

I want to remove WindowsApps folder from the root of my secondary hard drive. I safely uninstalled everything related with Xbox or Microsoft Store but the folder remains.

:)

Shenmue is life, Nov 14, 2018

2. WINDOWSAPPS FILE

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your WindowsApps folder issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Send us a screenshot of your WindowsApps and WindowsAppsOld folders so that we can double check the issue.
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 14, 2018
  3. jkteddy77 Win User
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

Hmm, which is faster. I attempted a Live Linux Drive already but it was very slow and would not boot, not to mention I don't know a thing about using linux.

Would option 2 be easier? I looked at Macrium, but the install steps themselves are confusing me, and I fear not knowing how to navigate it once I boot to it.

EDIT: I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

Thanks for the suggestion cereberus!

jkteddy77, Nov 14, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

How to delete WindowsApps?

Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

There are two tools essential tools that everyone one should always have - Macrium Reflect Free and a dishwasher. *Smile.

cereberus, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

How to delete WindowsApps?

1. How to delete WindowsApps? - Similar Threads - delete WindowsApps

2. Messed up and deleted 'WindowsApps' in C:/Program Files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Messed up and deleted 'WindowsApps' in C:/Program Files: Ok so basically, I had an issue with movies and TVs which is unrelated to this, having no luck fixing it regularly I got ownership of the WindowsApps folder and went to town, AKA deleted all of it thinking SFC would just repair everything, TLDR - it didn't, now literally none...
  3. Win10: WindowsApps folder on a secondary drive - how to delete it? (And can we ask who...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10: WindowsApps folder on a secondary drive - how to delete it? (And can we ask who...: I installed some gamepass games with Xbox's PC app (https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-app). I didn't want these on my primary drive, so I installed them on my secondary (it uses storage settings->change where new content is saved). A few weeks later, and I needed to format...
  4. Cannot delete WindowsApps folder created by Xbox Beta app for gamepass.

Cannot delete WindowsApps folder created by Xbox Beta app for gamepass.: I recently had to "reset" my PC, but did this through the reset option in windows which allows you to keep most of your "personal data". After reinstalling the Xbox app, I had to set a new location for my games in a different drive, as it could not delete the old location...
  5. Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete

Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete: Hello, after having issues cleaning my windowsApp folder, il discovered inside it another folder called MSIXVC, with inside, a gigantic 54.8Go file called " A23B7721-871B-4AD0-805D-C50F8EAA5363 " , and it's just a file, no extensions, nothing. It's surely a game or a...
  6. WindowsApps not able to be deleted...

WindowsApps not able to be deleted...: I'm trying to delete a WindowsApps folder in my D drive. I'm unable to delete them despite giving myself permission to do so. I get the following error: "You need permission to perform this action You require permission from (My name) to make changes to this folder"...
  7. How to go about deleting WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to go about deleting WindowsApps folder?: I installed forza on my games drive and after uninstalling it I still have Windowsapps and WpSystem, Wpsystem just doesn't respond when I try to delete it and Windowsapps tell me I don't have permission. Anyway I can go about deleting these? 131125
  8. Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder

Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder: Hey, I was just cleaning up my C: drive when I came across the windowsapps folder (i am using TreeSize) it showed that the windowsapps folder nearly took 12 gb of my C drive and the biggest file is some random game called dungeon hunter (1.86 gb) i have never played this...
  9. "D:\WindowsApps\Deleted" empty folder and lost apps installed on the D: drive

"D:\WindowsApps\Deleted" empty folder and lost apps installed on the D: drive: Expected: Getting back ms store apps Happening: Under "D:\WindowsApps\" there's an empty "deleted" folder Steps to reproduce it: Have Windows 10 1803 Have in storage settings the "store apps in" set to the D: drive Have a ms store app installed on the D: drive(In my...
  10. deleted C:\Program Files\windowsapps by accident,Microsoft store can‘t start now

deleted C:\Program Files\windowsapps by accident,Microsoft store can‘t start now: system log: Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.WindowsStore_11805.1001.49.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App as can't use/can't use. The error: "0" Happened while starting this command: "C:\Program...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete windowsapps folder

2. delete windows apps folder

3. delete windowsapps

4. cant delete windowsapps folder,
  5. msixvc,
  6. howto clean up windowsapps folder,
  7. cant delete windowsapps,
  8. delete windows 10 WindowsApps folder,
  9. delete msixvc folder,
  10. windows 10 delete windowsapps,
  11. windowsapps ,