Windows 10: how to delete WindowsApps

Discus and support how to delete WindowsApps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do i delete WindowsApps folder it has a few games installed but i cant uninstall it is there a way to delete WindowsApps?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by patrik1123456, Nov 20, 2020.

1. how to delete WindowsApps

how do i delete WindowsApps folder it has a few games installed but i cant uninstall it is there a way to delete WindowsApps?

:)

patrik1123456, Nov 20, 2020
  2. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Mark0 Win User
    WindowsApps\Deleted and other subfolders

Hello,
    listing the content of %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps, I see a bunch of folders which appear to have a special function. Namely:
    - Deleted
    - DeletedAllUserPackages
    - MovedPackages
    - Mutable
    - MutableBackup
    Does anybody have an idea of their purpose? Sure, I'm not going to mess around with them, just curious.
    Also, %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps\Deleted does contain one subdir:
    - Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_...
    Funny, I never uninstalled the app. How could it end up there?
    Cheers,
    Mark

Mark0, Nov 20, 2020
  4. jkteddy77 Win User

how to delete WindowsApps

Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

Hmm, which is faster. I attempted a Live Linux Drive already but it was very slow and would not boot, not to mention I don't know a thing about using linux.

Would option 2 be easier? I looked at Macrium, but the install steps themselves are confusing me, and I fear not knowing how to navigate it once I boot to it.

EDIT: I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

Thanks for the suggestion cereberus!

jkteddy77, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

how to delete WindowsApps

1. how to delete WindowsApps - Similar Threads - delete WindowsApps

2. WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive: I have tried deleting the WindowsApps folder from my external SSD but I cant take ownership of it, I have tried doing a force delete using Windows Powershell and a registry tweak to give myself ownership of the file and when I try to manually take ownership of the file, it...
  3. WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive: I have tried deleting the WindowsApps folder from my external SSD but I cant take ownership of it, I have tried doing a force delete using Windows Powershell and a registry tweak to give myself ownership of the file and when I try to manually take ownership of the file, it...
  4. Is there a way to recover a few files inside of windowsapps deleted by IObitUnlocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to recover a few files inside of windowsapps deleted by IObitUnlocker?: Sorry if my english is bad, it's not my first language : This is kinda of a minecraft related problem. But i need your help, please!So, i accidentaly unlocked and deleted a "Persona file" wich contains a lot of my .PNG skins, this file was inside "C:\Program...
  5. Is there a way to recover a few files inside of windowsapps deleted by IObitUnlocker?

Is there a way to recover a few files inside of windowsapps deleted by IObitUnlocker?: Sorry if my english is bad, it's not my first language : This is kinda of a minecraft related problem. But i need your help, please!So, i accidentaly unlocked and deleted a "Persona file" wich contains a lot of my .PNG skins, this file was inside "C:\Program...
  6. Is there a way to recover a few files inside of windowsapps deleted by IObitUnlocker?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Is it ok to delete the “WindowsApps” folder in hard drives other than the system drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it ok to delete the “WindowsApps” folder in hard drives other than the system drive?: I had two WindowsApps folders in the “program files” folder, one was in my system drive and one was in my other internal hard drive. The one in my system drive did not allow me to open it, while the one in my other hard drive let me open it. I deleted the WindowsApps folder...
  8. Is it ok to delete the “WindowsApps” folder in hard drives other than the system drive?

Is it ok to delete the “WindowsApps” folder in hard drives other than the system drive?: I had two WindowsApps folders in the “program files” folder, one was in my system drive and one was in my other internal hard drive. The one in my system drive did not allow me to open it, while the one in my other hard drive let me open it. I deleted the WindowsApps folder...
  9. How can I delete the WindowsApps file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete the WindowsApps file?: I bought a new computer with one SSD. About my old computer, it had 1 SSD originallythe system drive, but I add another one as the apps drive. Now, I move the old apps drive SSD from my old computer to the new computer. I found in the old apps drive SSD it has a file called...
  10. How can I delete the WindowsApps file?

How can I delete the WindowsApps file?: I bought a new computer with one SSD. About my old computer, it had 1 SSD originallythe system drive, but I add another one as the apps drive. Now, I move the old apps drive SSD from my old computer to the new computer. I found in the old apps drive SSD it has a file called...