Windows 10: How to delete "WindowsImageBackup" folder safely from external hard drive partition?

Discus and support How to delete "WindowsImageBackup" folder safely from external hard drive partition? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do i delete a system image of windows 10 from a external hard drive partition? I have looked everywhere for a way but they all involve shady third... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jack121314, Jan 26, 2019.

1. How to delete "WindowsImageBackup" folder safely from external hard drive partition?

How do i delete a system image of windows 10 from a external hard drive partition? I have looked everywhere for a way but they all involve shady third party applications with the possibility of leaving shadow copy data. I want to do this the official and least harmful way for my computer. Can anyone help?

:)

jack121314, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Failed to create a System Image Backup in windows 10 ( Error Code: 0x807800A1 & 0X800423F3 )

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest you try the follow these methods:

Method 1: Run the System File Checker tool.

• It is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.
      To run the tool, please click on this
      link
    Method 2: Delete the WindowsImageBackup folder.

• Locate the hidden folder: C:\System Volume Information\
    • Locate and delete WindowsImageBackup (If you want to save your previous backups, you can also move them from WindowsImageBackup to a different folder)
    Method 3: Format the external hard drive.

• If you are trying to create system backup on an external hard drive, you might have to format it beforehand. Before formatting your external hard drive make sure to move any files from it to a safe location.

Method 4: Delete EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition.

• When you upgrade to Windows 10 or install it on a new hard drive, certain partitions from previous versions of Windows might still be present on your computer causing System Backup to fail. In order to fix this, it’s advised that you remove EFI System Partition
      and Recovery Partition. To do that, follow these steps:
    • Press Windows Key + X and select Disk Management from the menu.
    • When Disk Management opens, locate the hard drive on which you wish to store your system backup.
    • You should see EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition for that hard drive in Disk Manager. Delete them both.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jan 26, 2019
  4. How to delete "WindowsImageBackup" folder safely from external hard drive partition?

remove external hard drive partitions

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

If you are logged in as an administrator, you can repartition your hard disk by using the Shrink feature in Disk Management. You can shrink an existing partition or volume to create unallocated disk space, from which you can create a new partition
    or volume.

You may follow the step below and check if it helps:

• Connect the external hard drive.

• Press Windows Key and click on Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume you want to shrink, and then click
      Shrink Volume.

• Follow the instructions

You may also refer to the steps below and check if it helps:

Open cmd with admin rights

1. Run Diskpart application by typing Diskpart

2. In the “Diskpart” prompt, enter rescan command and press Enter key to re-scan all partitions, volumes and drives available.

3. Then type in list disk and press Enter key to show all hard disk drive available.

4. Select the disk that contains the partition you want to remove. Normally, with just 1 hard disk, it will be disk 0. So the command will be:

select disk 0

5. Finish by Enter key.

6. Type list partition and press Enter key to show all available and created partition in the disk selected.

7. Select the partition that wanted to be deleted by using the following command, followed by Enter key:

select partition x

where x is the number recovery partition to be removed and unlocked its space. Be careful with the number of this partition, as wrong number may get data wipes off.

Finally, type in delete partition override and press Enter key.

Disclaimer: Be sure to back up any data you want to keep before you begin.

Hope this helps to resolve your issue. If the problem persist please revert back to us we are glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

How to delete "WindowsImageBackup" folder safely from external hard drive partition?

1. How to delete "WindowsImageBackup" folder safely from external hard drive partition? - Similar Threads - delete WindowsImageBackup folder

2. How to restore from Windowsimagebackup folder created on external HDD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore from Windowsimagebackup folder created on external HDD?: I have taken a backup from my windows 10 laptop and and am trying to setup that backup on my new windows 11 laptop using the WindowsImageBackup folder which was created on my External HDD. I have used the method from the below link....
  3. How to restore from Windowsimagebackup folder created on external HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore from Windowsimagebackup folder created on external HDD?: I have taken a backup from my windows 10 laptop and and am trying to setup that backup on my new windows 11 laptop using the WindowsImageBackup folder which was created on my External HDD. I have used the method from the below link....
  4. How to restore from Windowsimagebackup folder created on external HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive: HelloI have been unable to find the answer to this questionI have and external hard drive that I used to use with a Windows 10 laptop, I recently got a windows 11 desktop and I was trying to clean some stuff off of the External HD and noticed that it has a WindowsApps folder...
  6. Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive: HelloI have been unable to find the answer to this questionI have and external hard drive that I used to use with a Windows 10 laptop, I recently got a windows 11 desktop and I was trying to clean some stuff off of the External HD and noticed that it has a WindowsApps folder...
  7. Can't Delete Specific Folders From External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Delete Specific Folders From External Hard Drive: Hello Everyone I am using WD My Passport External Hard Drive for a while now. Although i can store new files in when there is enough space in it . I can't remove old folder nor i can use repair because it shuts down while progress is still ongoing. Also everytime i stick...
  8. Removing partitions on External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing partitions on External Hard Drive: I want to use the HDD from my old laptop as External drive. After formatting former “C:” partition and “Recovery” partitions separately, in the Disk Management I see: Disk 1 Basic 931.50GB Online 260MB Healthy EFI System Partition New Volume E: 919.48 GB NTFS...
  9. deleting files from external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting files from external hard drive: trying to delete and getting error code 0*80070570, what does it mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-from-external-hard-drive/8390b5f9-4abf-4ff3-aa8d-29caf58d76e1"
  10. How to Partition a 1TB external Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Partition a 1TB external Hard Drive?: I am new to the forum. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my question, but hoping someone here can direct me or might know. I purchased a 1TB hard drive to place media files on it so that I could plug it into my DVD player which has a USB port. I made sure to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete windows 10 WindowsImageBackup

2. how to delete windows 10 WindowsImageBackup on external drive

3. delete windowsimagebackup folder

4. can you safely delete windowsimagebackup folder,
  5. seagate external hard drive