Windows 10: How to deny access to a device on "Network" on windows 10

Discus and support How to deny access to a device on "Network" on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm an admin in my organization and I connected our wrong NAS drive (device) to an employee's laptop that they shouldn't have access to. The fact... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by [Five-O], Feb 5, 2019.

1. [Five-O] Win User

How to deny access to a device on "Network" on windows 10

Hi,

I'm an admin in my organization and I connected our wrong NAS drive (device) to an employee's laptop that they shouldn't have access to. The fact that the device is visible is not a problem. The trouble is that when you click the device it asks an access code, which employees don't have. I used my admin code to sign in and try out the device (I need to add it to other computers with access) without realizing I can't undo it. So now it's not only visible but gives an access to that device. So how do I cancel that sign in?

Some steps that I have tried:

1. I have removed the device from Settings->Devices->Bluetooth & other devices and it's no longer in that device list.
    2. I've also reset the network (wifi) but the access remains open under Network.
    3. I tried rebooting the device without a success
    4. I checked the saved credentials with rundll32 keymgr.dll,KRShowKeyMgr and control keymgr.dll but in neither of the cases the NAS device login was listed (the latter command listed virtualapp/didlogical and SSO_POP_Device under Generic Credentials which I think neither are NAS related.)

Some notes:

1. It's not a mapped device so disconnecting it won't work (there are no options for that when right-clicked).
    2. It's also not listed in Device Manager->Software devices, where the other NAS, the right one is listed.

Can anyone help?

:)

[Five-O], Feb 5, 2019
  2. Roger Win User

Devices on Network

hmmm, seems like a good time to tidy up the cockpit and step gently over the side..............

Roger, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. How to deny access to a device on "Network" on windows 10 - Similar Threads - deny access device

2. Local Network Windows 11/Windows 10 access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Network Windows 11/Windows 10 access denied: I have two computers at home, one running Windows 11 and the other running Windows 10. These computers were networked by Ethernet cable through the Home Internet Router and thing were running smoothlyHowever recently the Windows 11 PC ceased to be able to open the shared...
  3. Local Network Windows 11/Windows 10 access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Network Windows 11/Windows 10 access denied: I have two computers at home, one running Windows 11 and the other running Windows 10. These computers were networked by Ethernet cable through the Home Internet Router and thing were running smoothlyHowever recently the Windows 11 PC ceased to be able to open the shared...
  4. USB device access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB device access denied: Hi After I cloned my OS to SSD, I am not able to access any USB drives in any of the USB slots. I am getting an error access is denied. When I run chkdsk in CMD admin mode , I get the following error: Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk...
  5. Network access denied

Network access denied: I have a small network only two computers. I can see and access files on pc2 from pc1. but can not access files on pc1 from pc2. I got always the message you have to request access permission. I use on both pc's the microsoft password....
  6. How to Deny or Allow access to Downloads folder on this device

in Windows 10 News
    How to Deny or Allow access to Downloads folder on this device: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Privacy Settings offer File System settings, which makes sure that unless allowed, Apps will not be able to access the File System, and […] This article How to Deny or Allow access to Downloads folder on this device first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  7. Windows 10 hotspot Denied access to network

Windows 10 hotspot Denied access to network: Dear MS, I have very big unsolved issue which I have searched a lot for it, I work in a company the provide Internet through Ethernet cable, I will share it again through Hotspot via Netsh wlan hosted network,It works fine , the problem is when my phone or any other...
  8. Windows 10 network share access denied

Windows 10 network share access denied: Last week I began receiving either an "Access Denied" or "You do not have permission to open this file" error when I try to open or copy a file on a network share. In some cases I can open most files in a directory but receive an error for new ones created by our scanner....
  9. Device Manager Access Denied.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Manager Access Denied.: I restarted my computer and now when I open device manager it says "This App has been blocked for your protection". I am using an admin account. Whenever I try to get windows updates I get an access denied error as well....
  10. Access to device manager denied.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access to device manager denied.: I have a LaserJet Pro MFP M426FDW (new) and HP ENVY Desktop – 750 (year old). I first tried to install the printer from supplied install cd. It came back with an error, took to long to install, stopping installed. In addition, I download the install software for the printer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network virtualapp/didlogicalth and other devices settings

2. generic credentials sso_pop_device