Windows 10: How to Deny Full Control of this Registry Key?

Discus and support How to Deny Full Control of this Registry Key? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, everyone I hope to deny the full control permission of administrator account on registry key named as "HKCU:\Control Panel\Keyboard". I have some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shiwan0804, Oct 27, 2020.

1. How to Deny Full Control of this Registry Key?

Hi, everyone
    I hope to deny the full control permission of administrator account on registry key named as "HKCU:\Control Panel\Keyboard".
    I have some failed PowerShell command codes, please you correct them.
    Thanks a lot.
    The failed PowerShell command codes as following.

$acl = Get-Acl 'HKCU:\Control Panel\Keyboard'
    $acl.Access
    $idRef = [System.Security.Principal.NTAccount]("DESKTOP-R5J32KL\USER")
    $regRights = [System.Security.AccessControl.RegistryRights]:*Biggrineny
    $inhFlags = [System.Security.AccessControl.InheritanceFlags]::None
    $acType = [System.Security.AccessControl.AccessControlType]:*Biggrineny
    $rule = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.RegistryAccessRule ($idRef, $regRights, $inhFlags, $prFlags, $acType)
    $acl.AddAccessRule($rule)
    $acl.SetAccessRule($rule)
    $acl | Set-Acl -Path 'HKCU:\Control Panel\Keyboard'

First picture as attached is my registry key information.

How to Deny Full Control of this Registry Key? [​IMG]

Second picture as attached is PowerShell registry key information.

Third picture as attached is total PowerShell errors.

Last picture as attached is the final result, and nothing happened.

:)

shiwan0804, Oct 27, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Any way to edit the registry without loading Windows?

You will need to find a way to grant yourself permissions for full control of that hive/key.
    Just as the "Trusted Installer" has.
    You may have to log on as admin to do this.

Grant Read Write (Full Control) Permissions on Registry Keys (Fix Cannot Import and Access Denied Error in RegEdit)
    How to change Registry Permissions with RegIni.exe (VBScript)

And, a search to start you on your quest.

I did it a long time ago, to get rid of & edit some hives, keys, etc.
    Goodluck.*Smile How to Deny Full Control of this Registry Key? :)

95Viper, Oct 27, 2020
  3. asyntax Win User
    ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Oct 27, 2020
  4. YanAndrew Win User

How to Deny Full Control of this Registry Key?

Registry Key Customisation

Hi Guys,

1. Is there any way to find the registry key for the default icon of an application in Windows 10? Dell has installed a FreeFall Data Protection application in my machine, which appears in the control panel and I'd like to change the icon for it. However, I do not know the registry key and couldn't find anything on it on the net.

How do I go about finding the registry keys for an application that's listed in the control panel?

2. I would also like to change the Quick Access icon in File Explorer, but do not know the registry key for it.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

How to Deny Full Control of this Registry Key?

1. How to Deny Full Control of this Registry Key? - Similar Threads - Deny Full Control

2. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  3. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  4. Everyone getting access even after denying full control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everyone getting access even after denying full control: I restricted access to a user named "lab" by changing the permission as followsChanging Folder PermissionsRight Click on the Folder you wish to restrict properties onSelect “Properties”In the Properties window go to the Security tab and click on Edit.If the Guest user account...
  5. Everyone getting access even after denying full control

Everyone getting access even after denying full control: I restricted access to a user named "lab" by changing the permission as followsChanging Folder PermissionsRight Click on the Folder you wish to restrict properties onSelect “Properties”In the Properties window go to the Security tab and click on Edit.If the Guest user account...
  6. How to delete a registry key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete a registry key: I get an error when I try do delete a registry key in regedit.exe saying "Cannot delete {...}. Error while deleting key." I found this article How to add, modify, or delete registry subkeys and values by using a .reg file. It seems to say for me to rename the key by adding...
  7. How to delete a registry key

How to delete a registry key: I get an error when I try do delete a registry key in regedit.exe saying "Cannot delete {...}. Error while deleting key." I found this article How to add, modify, or delete registry subkeys and values by using a .reg file. It seems to say for me to rename the key by adding...
  8. How to find registry keys?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to find registry keys?: Is there some sort of search bar in regedit? Not the adress bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-registry-keys/01b9ae4f-69e6-4e9c-892b-c59539c06898
  9. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  10. "Deny full control" on a folder, how to get access again ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Deny full control" on a folder, how to get access again ?: Hi, For a folder, on properties, security tab, I've set "Deny full control" for every user. Now I cannot do anything with this folder. It's the "Bonjour" folder with the Apple app. How can I get access again, and delete this app and folder ? 61561