Windows 10: How to deploy the MS Chinese IME user defined phrases to domain computers?

Discus and support How to deploy the MS Chinese IME user defined phrases to domain computers? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We need to deploy the defined phrases to domain computers, about 600 PCs. How can I implement it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Harold Shen_, Jan 13, 2021.

1. How to deploy the MS Chinese IME user defined phrases to domain computers?

We need to deploy the defined phrases to domain computers, about 600 PCs.

How can I implement it?

:)

Harold Shen_, Jan 13, 2021
  2. JDYng Win User

Regarding Chinese Pinyin IME, how to import a file of user-defined phrases exported from win7 to win10?

Hi,

I have used Win7 Chinese pinyin IME for many years and used the "User-defined phrase tool" to built up a big library file. When I upgraded one of my PCs to Win10 two years ago, I found that Chinese pinyin IME had serious regressions as mentioned in FAQ: Windows 10 Chinese features are missing or broken - any fix? :: Pinyin Joe.
    I have been waiting for the update badly. Its seems that Windows 10 build 15002 makes a big improvement. Now I can see User defined Phrases. Then, my question is how to import the old Win7 library which I have been built for many years. In Win7, I can
    export the library as a txt file. Win10 imports and exports user defined phrases through .dat files. Are they the same? It seems that .dat is a binary file while .txt file is a unicode text file. What happens if I import the win7 .txt file to win10? If
    my win7 library of phrases can be imported to win10, my suffering in the past 2 years can end finally. Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

JD

Moved From:

JDYng, Jan 13, 2021
  3. pchy(2) Win User
    Chinese Pinyin user defined phrases export/import issue

What troubleshooting can I do? Since the later version takes DAT to import my user define phrases, but the export from my older version is TXT, nothing else I can try.

pchy(2), Jan 13, 2021
  4. pchy(2) Win User

How to deploy the MS Chinese IME user defined phrases to domain computers?

Chinese Pinyin user defined phrases export/import issue

Here is my answer to your questions:

1. Chinese input is built-in application to Windows 10, which comes with this function "user define phrase"

2. No, they're different. As I said, one is version 1607 (export/import file format: TXT) and the other is 1709 (export/import file format: DAT)

3. screenshot... (from version 1709)

How to deploy the MS Chinese IME user defined phrases to domain computers? 4eeffc1d-1a92-4062-b13d-7652c8dc6259?upload=true.jpg

pchy(2), Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

How to deploy the MS Chinese IME user defined phrases to domain computers?

1. How to deploy the MS Chinese IME user defined phrases to domain computers? - Similar Threads - deploy Chinese IME

2. Black box around Chinese IME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black box around Chinese IME: Self explanatory.Any way to fix this?Same thhing on black bg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-box-around-chinese-ime/d4e90fff-ae15-4a6d-9c1a-2c0368700a40
  3. Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME, User Defined Phrase can not include special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME, User Defined Phrase can not include special characters: Hi, I use Microsoft Pinyin IME and its User defined phrase function. It's great except I can not include carriage return character in defined phrase.eg: If I define `hh` to `## Head2 \n`, and press it , it will print it literally.what I expect is it would translate `\n` into...
  4. Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME, User Defined Phrase can not include special characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME, User Defined Phrase can not include special characters: Hi, I use Microsoft Pinyin IME and its User defined phrase function. It's great except I can not include carriage return character in defined phrase.eg: If I define `hh` to `## Head2 \n`, and press it , it will print it literally.what I expect is it would translate `\n` into...
  5. Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME, User Defined Phrase can not include special characters

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Problems using a Traditional Chinese IME

Problems using a Traditional Chinese IME: Hi, I had the WIndows 10 Pro 64bit ver 1909 which using a user account no admin right. And I installed the language Chinese Traditional , Hong Kong SAR and Microsoft Quick as input method .The installation is successful. However, I tried switch to this input method, I...
  7. Chinese IME

Chinese IME: I can type chinese word in windows search bar after installed chinese language under Add Language but i could not type at any others app browser address bar, MS Words etc and it didn't show the language bar at taskbar but the Chinese IME is enable in the background. please...
  8. Chinese IME

Chinese IME: In Windows 10 the automatic learning feature of Traditional Chinese IME does not work at all. Is this a bug or am I missing something? It worked correctly in Windows 7. "Dynamic candidate order based on usage" is selected....
  9. Chinese IME in Windows 10

Chinese IME in Windows 10: I have been using Microsoft Chinese IME traditional Chinese in Windows 10 for awhile, and the automatic "learning" feature doesn't work listing the characters I use most first. It did work in Windows 7. Is this a bug?...
  10. Preferences in Chinese IME

Preferences in Chinese IME: When using the Chinese IME, (simplified, pinyin input), there's a pop up bar that displays a list of words that it thinks you're trying to type, with an associated number to press to choose said word. The problem I'm having is that this feature tries to intuit what you're...