Windows 10: How to deploy Updates using Windows Update for Business

Discus and support How to deploy Updates using Windows Update for Business in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you are a small business having computers or a big company managing a lot of Windows 10 PC, Windows Update for Business is an […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 19, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to deploy Updates using Windows Update for Business

WinClub, Apr 19, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 19, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. How to deploy Updates using Windows Update for Business

Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile How to deploy Updates using Windows Update for Business :)

Thermopylae_480, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

How to deploy Updates using Windows Update for Business

1. How to deploy Updates using Windows Update for Business - Similar Threads - deploy Updates using

2. Deploy Windows Hello for Business Cloud Trust using Intune

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Deploy Windows Hello for Business Cloud Trust using Intune: Hi,I am deploying WHfB Cloud Trust in Hybrid Azure AD. I followed the Microsoft Documentation: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-protection/hello-for-business/hello-hybrid-cloud-trustFirst I tried using GPO and it works well. I can see the event 358...
  3. Deploy Windows Hello for Business Cloud Trust using Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deploy Windows Hello for Business Cloud Trust using Intune: Hi,I am deploying WHfB Cloud Trust in Hybrid Azure AD. I followed the Microsoft Documentation: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-protection/hello-for-business/hello-hybrid-cloud-trustFirst I tried using GPO and it works well. I can see the event 358...
  4. Deploy Windows Hello for Business Cloud Trust using Intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Edge Deployment Guide for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Deployment Guide for Business: [ATTACH]Internet Explorer, which once ruled the market, is going to be discontinued. However, Microsoft is doing everything it can to regain those lost users and “Microsoft Edge” is their new bet. Since Internet Explorer is on the way out, it is time for businesses to migrate...
  6. Deploy update Window through WSUS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deploy update Window through WSUS: Dear guys I want to clear about many security update packages, so I want to deploy only newest package to all PC after I install new window 10 example 2010-10 below. The question is: Do I must install some package 2020-9 or 2020-8... to ensure my pcs are safe. [ATTACH]...
  7. Tweaking Deployment Image For Our Business?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tweaking Deployment Image For Our Business?: The title is vaige but I will still likely continue to have questions. I created a Windows 10 (home) image for our company using an ISO directly from Microsoft in Audit mode. Configured the administrator desktop the way I needed it then did a bare metal clone both before and...
  8. Deploying Windows 10 update using SSCM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deploying Windows 10 update using SSCM: i have to deploy the Windows10UpgraderApp.exe for those who have the build 1607, so that all my computer will be updated. Unfortunately when i'm im pushing through sccm the prompt is hidden, so it's spinning around. i had look for switch but nothing is bypassing the prompt...
  9. What is Windows Update for Business?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Windows Update for Business?: Windows Update for Business allows IT professionals to utilize the cloud-based Windows Update service to deploy and manage Windows updates. You can use Group Policy or MDM solutions such as Microsoft Intune to configure the Windows Update for Business settings that control...
  10. Announcing Windows Update for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows Update for Business: Today at Ignite, I had the pleasure of sharing how we’ve designed Windows Update for Business to empower IT Professionals to keep the Windows devices in their organization always up to date with the latest security defenses and Windows features. Windows Update for Business...