Windows 10: How to desactivate SHIFT press doing upper case letters

Discus and support How to desactivate SHIFT press doing upper case letters in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, i want to know how to desactivate the pressing key SHIFT feature that do upper case letters, i really dont know why this exist if we have the CAPS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by João Vitor Torres Tedesco, Jan 29, 2021.

1. How to desactivate SHIFT press doing upper case letters

Hi, i want to know how to desactivate the pressing key SHIFT feature that do upper case letters, i really dont know why this exist if we have the CAPS LOCK key.

:)

João Vitor Torres Tedesco, Jan 29, 2021
  2. spunk Win User

Possible to make shift key stick until letter is pressed?

It;s a bit cumbersome, but if you open the OnScreen Keyboard and press the Shift key, highlighting it, and type a letter on the OSK or on your keyboard, it will type the letter in Upper Case and then go back to Lower Case for any remaining letters you type. Of course, you could just press the Caps Lock key on your keyboard, type a letter and then turn Caps Lock Off for the remaining letters, just as well.

spunk, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to use Shift + C key, to type C letter in upper case.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• Does this issue occurs on using both the shift keys?
    • Did you check if this issue occurs using and external keyboard? To eliminate hardware issue.
    • Are you aware of any changed on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

1. Press Windows + I to launch Windows
      Settings
    2. Click on Updates & Security and select
      Troubleshooter from the left pane
    3. Select Keyboard and click on
      Run the troubleshooter

4. Follow the onscreen instruction and later restart the PC to check

Also, you may try running the keyboard diagnostics tool from Dell website for the model you are using:
    Custom Component Test (go to Custom Component Test and choose
    "Select individual components" and choose Keyboard to run the diagnostics)

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 29, 2021
  4. TechyLo Win User

How to desactivate SHIFT press doing upper case letters

Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case

Why Shift + C does not work. All other key combinations work just fine. This is windows 10 on Dell 5400 laptop. Using caps lock to type upper case C. would like to use Shift key to type the upper case C

***Original title: Why Shift + C does not work. All other key combinations work just fine.***

TechyLo, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

How to desactivate SHIFT press doing upper case letters

1. How to desactivate SHIFT press doing upper case letters - Similar Threads - desactivate SHIFT press

2. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case: An earlier closed discussion of this problem reached no solution.Situation: Windows 10 Home Asus Zenbook Flip 15Problem: Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case; it produces nothing, not even a space The problem occurs with either SHIFT key All other capital letters print...
  3. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case: An earlier closed discussion of this problem reached no solution.Situation: Windows 10 Home Asus Zenbook Flip 15Problem: Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case; it produces nothing, not even a space The problem occurs with either SHIFT key All other capital letters print...
  4. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>: Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>. This happens with the right shift key. Left shift key works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-c-key-is-not-typing-c-in-upper-case-but-it/b06b8eea-60e4-49b7-b079-5be39503a786
  5. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>: Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>. This happens with the right shift key. Left shift key works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-c-key-is-not-typing-c-in-upper-case-but-it/b06b8eea-60e4-49b7-b079-5be39503a786
  6. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case: Why Shift + C does not work. All other key combinations work just fine. This is windows 10 on Dell 5400 laptop. Using caps lock to type upper case C. would like to use Shift key to type the upper case C ***Original title: Why Shift + C does not work. All other key...
  8. App to convert lower case to upper case

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App to convert lower case to upper case: Hello, I have the need to convert lower case folder names to upper case in Windows 10 File Explorer on a Surface Pro 3. I found a few on line. Does anyone have experience with a free one that you would recommend? Thanks!...
  9. Problem with text case when pressing Shift button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with text case when pressing Shift button: When I highlight the text using Shift, the text case toggles. It is like the SHIFT+F3 shortcut in Microsoft Word but I just click on Shift. I use Lenovo Thinkpad running Windows 10. How to turn off this feature?...
  10. Upper/Lower case swaps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Upper/Lower case swaps: Ok...no help with my last problem with 65143