Windows 10: how to designate a custom E-mail program as default mail

Discus and support how to designate a custom E-mail program as default mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am using a dedicated (old but useful) software as mail client (Eudora). In Win7, it was possible to designate this software as default mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bornival, Apr 30, 2019.

1. bornival Win User

how to designate a custom E-mail program as default mail

Hi,

I am using a dedicated (old but useful) software as mail client (Eudora).

In Win7, it was possible to designate this software as default mail client (so that "mailto" in web pages will open it.

In Win10, all I see as possibilities to designate a mail client are either "mail" (from Microsoft) or Google Chrome or Outlook desktop ... or to visit the Microsoft Store...

How can I direct Win10 to look at and to use my Eudora (by pointing to where its is installed (c:\C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\Eudora\Eudora.exe) ?

Can this be done from the Win10 graphic interface or do I need to do it by manipulating the registry

(I can see one key pointing to the current default mail client: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\PackageRepository\Packages\Microsoft.Office.Desktop.Outlook_16051.11425.20244.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.Office.Desktop.Outlook_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Outlook\windows.protocol\mailto) , but is this the only place and how should it be modified...).

Best regards,

:)

bornival, Apr 30, 2019

2. I need a slick E-mail program!

My parents are absolutely stonewall about keeping AOL. The best reason they can give me for keeping it is the easy to use E-mail interface. I ain't arguing, I haven't found anything easier to use, but it TAKES SO MUCH MEMORY! And so I'm thinking that if I can find something nice and easy to use, I might be able to get my parents to use it instead of AOL, and finally get the bloatware known as AOL off my computer! The requirements-
    • Must be easy to use
    • Can't be browser-based (so AIM mail, Yahoo, and MSN are no-no's)
    • Preferably compatible with AOL mail, my parents don't want to switch E-mail accounts
    • Can't be Mozilla Thunderbird...I tried it and it sucks in terms of multiple E-mail accounts, and it erased all my saved mail *Frown how to designate a custom E-mail program as default mail :(.
    Any ideas?

zekrahminator, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Default Mail Client

I had to Dban my desktop last week after a friend was on it while I was out of town. Now--when I use my main e-mail, and try to send a e-mail, I get this message --this can not be completed because the default mail client is not properly installed. Can anybody help or explain this to me ?? It's a new 1 on me !!

fsufan0025, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Newegg Win User

NewEgg Scam E-Mails

Newegg.com just became aware of a phishing e-mail scam disguised as an order confirmation e-mail. Newegg takes the security of customer information extremely seriously and wants to assure you these phishing e-mails are in no way affiliated with or originating from Newegg. We have taken immediate steps to verify no customer data has been breached and to inform the proper authorities. Rest assured your information is safe with us.

If you have received a suspect email, we strongly advise that you DO NOT respond, download or click any of the links on the e-mail. Please refer to our FAQ page for tips on how to identify and protect yourself against such attacks in the future:

Should you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me at L: Maverick.B.Iniguez@newegg.com or call me at 1800-390-1119 ext 25062.

Thank you.

Newegg.com

Newegg, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. how to designate a custom E-mail program as default mail - Similar Threads - designate custom mail

2. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...
  3. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Customization
    add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...
  4. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. a good e-mail program

in Browsers and Email
    a good e-mail program: Can someone tell me a good e-mail program for windows 10 I have tried thunder bird but wasn't satisfied now I am useing online magic mail i don't care for it either 182708
  6. a good e-mail program

in Windows 10 Support
    a good e-mail program: Can someone tell me a good e-mail program for windows 10 I have tried thunder bird but wasn't satisfied now I am useing online magic mail i don't care for it either 182708
  7. configure the default e-mail application

in Windows 10 Customization
    configure the default e-mail application: I want G-mail to be the default email application on my Windows 10 PC - how do I accomplish this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/configure-the-default-e-mail-application/255ae6ce-478b-4f95-b90a-8e7f313eee3e
  8. There is no customer service e-mail address!!!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    There is no customer service e-mail address!!!: My son ordered Minecraft windows10 by mistake, actually he wanted to order the Minecraft Java edition. As soon as he initiate the program, he realized that he got wrong order and started to cry. I know that they have extremely strict refund policy, but I want them show me...
  9. Default e-mail client not chosen ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default e-mail client not chosen ?: Appears to be a 'one-off' situation where an APP I've used for many years to send reports (a PDF file) works fine on 2 of my 3 Dell Latitude laptops ... but can't get a proper operation on one laptop. All three laptops have new/fresh/clean installations of Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Default E-Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Default E-Mail: Installed 10 and now can't find how to make Yahoo my default e-mail 17417

Users found this page by searching for:

1. designate email

2. how to designate a email programe