Windows 10: How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive

Discus and support How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a large number of photos on a USB stick which I retrieved from the drive of a broken laptop. They almost certainly contain duplicates of photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BobbyChariot, Apr 25, 2022.

1. How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive

I have a large number of photos on a USB stick which I retrieved from the drive of a broken laptop. They almost certainly contain duplicates of photos on my working laptop. Is there a way of scanning both the Pictures folder on my laptop and the USB drive to detect them?

:)

BobbyChariot, Apr 25, 2022
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Automatic Duplicate Photo Detection

I don't know of any automated feature in Windows to do that. There are a number of "duplicate file finder" type tools I have used in the past. I haven't tried any photo finder tools (but I should be using one).

Here are links to a couple of articles reviewing that type of tool:

13 Best Duplicate Photo Finders To Clean Up Your Albums

http://listoffreeware.com/list-of-best-free-dup...

There are lots more on the internet, google is your friend ...

Rohn007, Apr 25, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Deleting photos from Microsoft Photos will delete the files from the original location. However, Microsoft Photos will only display the photos from the folders that are added to Photos application. You can remove the folders from Microsoft Photos that
    you don’t want. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Photos app.
    2. Click on the Ellipsis on the top right corner of the window and click on
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, remove the folder that has duplicate photos by clicking on
      X.

To remove the duplicate photos from the computer, please navigate to the location where the photos are saved and then you can delete the photos are duplicate.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 25, 2022
  4. BulldogXX Win User

How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive

identify duplicate photos

To remove the duplicates:

1. Right-click on a duplicate photo.
    2. A context menu will open
    3. Click on Delete.
    4. The file will be sent to the Recycle Bin.

BulldogXX, Apr 25, 2022
Thema:

How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive

1. How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive - Similar Threads - detect duplicate photos

2. how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive: how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-duplicate-files-and-photos-from-one/cd171e2c-1e12-48f2-821d-dc472d2d6572
  3. how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive: how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-duplicate-files-and-photos-from-one/cd171e2c-1e12-48f2-821d-dc472d2d6572
  4. how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive: I have two internal and two external drives. I wanted to switch one internal drive's operating system, but the computer only boots into a single drive. System configuration and Disk Management detect all the drives. Changing boot order from BIOS does nothing....
  6. Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive

Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive: I have two internal and two external drives. I wanted to switch one internal drive's operating system, but the computer only boots into a single drive. System configuration and Disk Management detect all the drives. Changing boot order from BIOS does nothing....
  7. How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive

How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive: I have a large number of photos on a USB stick which I retrieved from the drive of a broken laptop. They almost certainly contain duplicates of photos on my working laptop. Is there a way of scanning both the Pictures folder on my laptop and the USB drive to detect them?...
  8. How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive

How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive: I have a large number of photos on a USB stick which I retrieved from the drive of a broken laptop. They almost certainly contain duplicates of photos on my working laptop. Is there a way of scanning both the Pictures folder on my laptop and the USB drive to detect them?...
  9. More than 5 duplicates of the same photo.

More than 5 duplicates of the same photo.: Hi I have opened my photos and have found that I have 6 copies of the same photo. This is how they have been listed. (please see below) Does this mean that I have to manually delete all of these? I am very unsure as to how this has happened. I would appreciate anyones...
  10. New Update Won't Boot With More Than One Hard Drive Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Update Won't Boot With More Than One Hard Drive Detected: Hello, After the recent Window's updates (1809), my OS stopped booting to desktop. It would get past the BIOS startup, and then hang forever on the Window's loading screen. After replacing MOBO, RAM, and even buying a new SSD to no avail, I am led to believe this is...