Windows 10: How to detect the on / off time of the built-in camera and the process name of using it?

Discus and support How to detect the on / off time of the built-in camera and the process name of using it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used a method to get the process name who is using camera, it can run normal in Win10 OS 1809, but it cannot run under the 1903. see below is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 候守, Nov 20, 2019.

1. 候守 Win User

How to detect the on / off time of the built-in camera and the process name of using it?

I used a method to get the process name who is using camera, it can run normal in Win10 OS 1809, but it cannot run under the 1903. see below is my method steps:

1. First, I used WMI to get the camera PDO (Physical Device Object name)

2. Second, I used the .net class to enumerate the existing processes and filter the non-window processes.

3. Then, I used the Win32 API to enumerate the handles of these window processes.

4. Finally, I still used the Win32 API to convert the device handle to the device PDO, then I find the process of using the camera.

the source code from link https://www.codeproject.com/Questions/531409/fileplusisplususedplusbyplusanotherplusprocessplus;

Who can tell me why the OS 1903 cannot use the method "NtQueryObject" to get handle information from other processes? and how to detect the on / off time of the built-in camera and get the process name of using camera?

My app is used C# , and run as a user. does Microsoft have some public APIs to meet my needs?

Thanks.

:)

候守, Nov 20, 2019

2. Built in camera

Hi Roy,

The issue you are experiencing with the built-in camera on your device might be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the cause of this issue, we would be gathering additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you are getting? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • Have you tried updating the driver of the built-in camera?
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.

Charianne Per, Nov 20, 2019
  3. My built in camera doens't be recognized by windows 10 camera app

Hi Paulo,

Allow us to verify some information to isolate this issue. We would like to ask a few questions.

• Did you receive any error messages when you tried to use the camera with the Camera app?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers of your built-in camera?
    • Do you have any antivirus installed in your computer?

To help us address this problem, we suggest that you check out the resolution or troubleshooting steps provided on this

link

Let us know of the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 20, 2019
  4. How to detect the on / off time of the built-in camera and the process name of using it?

Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

How to detect the on / off time of the built-in camera and the process name of using it?

1. How to detect the on / off time of the built-in camera and the process name of using it? - Similar Threads - detect off built

2. Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager: My HP Victus 16 laptop running Windows 11 22H2 is not detecting the built-in webcam after installing and removing Camo Studio software from the Microsoft Store. The device manager shows the device as disconnected, saying "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to...
  3. Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager: My HP Victus 16 laptop running Windows 11 22H2 is not detecting the built-in webcam after installing and removing Camo Studio software from the Microsoft Store. The device manager shows the device as disconnected, saying "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to...
  4. My laptop doesn't detect the built in camera.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesn't detect the built in camera.: The laptop is pretty old, bought it as used in the shop. The camera used to work alright, didn't have any trouble with it until recently when I tried to use it during video calls. In settings it's turned on, but the apps or websites still don't see it....
  5. My laptop doesn't detect the built in camera.

My laptop doesn't detect the built in camera.: The laptop is pretty old, bought it as used in the shop. The camera used to work alright, didn't have any trouble with it until recently when I tried to use it during video calls. In settings it's turned on, but the apps or websites still don't see it....
  6. My laptop doesn't detect the built in camera.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Built-in Camera unable to be detected Error Code 0xA00F4244

Built-in Camera unable to be detected Error Code 0xA00F4244: Hi, I bought an ASUS TUF Gaming A15 a few months back, since last month, I have been issues with the camera where it says the built-in camera cannot be detected Zoom or is not attached Windows Camera App. I've tried reinstalling the camera drivers but they do not show up...
  8. Built in Camera

Built in Camera: My laptop has a built in camera and it says its front facing but my laptop doesn't have a front facing camera how do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-camera/953c9c78-0b6a-42b1-bc5e-78681a96a02f
  9. How to take picures using the built-in camera?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to take picures using the built-in camera?: I have an HP Desktop with a built-in camera. How do I use the app? I opened the app, that was as far as I got. HELP, PLEASE!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-take-picures-using-the-built-in-camera/23861227-77d4-4b0c-915a-8cbe2406c9b9
  10. My PC won't detect my built-in camera

My PC won't detect my built-in camera: So I found another discussion on this exact topic. There I was told to go to my device manager and click view and select to show hidden items. I found my camera there, but it says that the camera is not connected to my computer. This was not an issue that was present when I...