Windows 10: how to detect TPM ?

Discus and support how to detect TPM ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to update to windows 11 but it says that TPM isn't found so I checked my bios and it says that it's enabled but I guess It's not detecting it so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by عبدالله حافظ, Mar 23, 2023.

1. how to detect TPM ?

I want to update to windows 11 but it says that TPM isn't found so I checked my bios and it says that it's enabled but I guess It's not detecting it so what do I do ?

:)

عبدالله حافظ, Mar 23, 2023

2. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Mar 23, 2023
  3. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

I have enabled TPM in the BIOS but it does not detect a device. Not in the BIOS or in the device manager.

I have no security devices and it is also not listed in the system devices.

I checked my hardware and it should be capable of tpm 2.0

Motherboard: MSI MPG 570 Gaming Plus

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

I read a lot of articles about this, but in every case, the computer at least detected something to be then able to re-install a driver or something.

ChristianFritz1, Mar 23, 2023
  4. Sasqui Win User

how to detect TPM ?

Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

how to detect TPM ?

1. how to detect TPM ? - Similar Threads - detect TPM

2. TPM not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM not detected: Hello I am currently having a problem with my PC that I would like to switch to Windows 11 the problem is that apparently the TPM is not activated, so I followed Microsoft's advice to activate it but when I went into the BIOS it told me that the TPM was activated but with...
  3. TPM not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM not detected: Hello I am currently having a problem with my PC that I would like to switch to Windows 11 the problem is that apparently the TPM is not activated, so I followed Microsoft's advice to activate it but when I went into the BIOS it told me that the TPM was activated but with...
  4. TPM not detected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. No TPM module is detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No TPM module is detected: Hello!!I am attempting to reinstall Windows 11 however I am told that I do not have TMP 2.0. To bypass that I have created the registry edit that should bypass that. That did not work. Then I checked in my BIOS to see if TPM is enabled however in the BIOS I am told that no...
  6. No TPM module is detected

No TPM module is detected: Hello!!I am attempting to reinstall Windows 11 however I am told that I do not have TMP 2.0. To bypass that I have created the registry edit that should bypass that. That did not work. Then I checked in my BIOS to see if TPM is enabled however in the BIOS I am told that no...
  7. TPM enabled in BIOS but not being detected in Windows 11 Home 22H2 64-bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM enabled in BIOS but not being detected in Windows 11 Home 22H2 64-bit: Greetings!I have checked in the BIOS/UEFI settings of myHP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2004AX and the TPM is enabled and available. I haven't cleared my TPM either.But the TPM module cannot be seen in my Windows 11 22H2 64-bit OS.I cannot find it using tpm.msc command. The...
  8. TPM enabled in BIOS but not being detected in Windows 11 Home 22H2 64-bit

TPM enabled in BIOS but not being detected in Windows 11 Home 22H2 64-bit: Greetings!I have checked in the BIOS/UEFI settings of myHP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2004AX and the TPM is enabled and available. I haven't cleared my TPM either.But the TPM module cannot be seen in my Windows 11 22H2 64-bit OS.I cannot find it using tpm.msc command. The...
  9. TPM Device not detected on my windows 11 G15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM Device not detected on my windows 11 G15: I was using my laptop when it ran out of battery so I plugged it in and it said tpm device not detected. So I tried pressing continue and had put in the bitlocker recovery key and after all that it booted into windows. I had to setup my pin again because it said it broke or...
  10. TPM Device not detected on my windows 11 G15

TPM Device not detected on my windows 11 G15: I was using my laptop when it ran out of battery so I plugged it in and it said tpm device not detected. So I tried pressing continue and had put in the bitlocker recovery key and after all that it booted into windows. I had to setup my pin again because it said it broke or...