Windows 10: How to determine before install if I have the correct ISO?

Discus and support How to determine before install if I have the correct ISO? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I determine before blowing away an existing installation if my Install Media has WIndows 10 Pro versus Windows 10 Home? I have paid for two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by usapltrr, Aug 12, 2020.

1. usapltrr Win User

How to determine before install if I have the correct ISO?

How do I determine before blowing away an existing installation if my Install Media has WIndows 10 Pro versus Windows 10 Home?

I have paid for two disks, both of which were supposed to be Win 10 Pro, and after install I still had Windows 10 HOME, not Pro.

:)

usapltrr, Aug 12, 2020
  2. timta2 Win User

Need ISO maker

Um, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UDF the DVD format?

"The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system used with CD-ROM media, but an ISO image might also contain a UDF file system."

ISO image - Wikipedia

timta2, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Best way to OS to iso to install?!

Norton ghost can make ISO's of a HDD but I would just suggest making a whole image and placing it on a thumbdrive cause its faster to install instead of useing a DVD drive.

brandonwh64, Aug 12, 2020
  4. How to determine before install if I have the correct ISO?

Need ISO maker

I tried imgburn followed step by step and it sucks ...burned an image supposed to be ISO endend up in UDF ..not auto executable and scraped a dvd for it. Gonna try alcohol thx

MohawkAngel, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

How to determine before install if I have the correct ISO?

1. How to determine before install if I have the correct ISO? - Similar Threads - determine before install

2. I accidentally instaled malicius files which defender determined to be trojan. I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally instaled malicius files which defender determined to be trojan. I have...: So basically I got a message from windows defender that the malicious files were found and i did not open them i only extracted the from .rar. Later i removed them and as i can see there were two dangerous files Loader.exe and GUP.exe now for the GUP.exe i can see that it it...
  3. Cortana is broken on a new install and i Have no idea how to correct it.

in Cortana
    Cortana is broken on a new install and i Have no idea how to correct it.: So I installed my microphone than I clicked on Cortana to activate it with Her and all she gives me is loop as you see in the screenshot Cortana tells me to goto speech I go there and it's already turned on so I turned it off restarted and turned it back on and she still...
  4. Cortana is broken on a new install and i Have no idea how to correct it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana is broken on a new install and i Have no idea how to correct it.: So I installed my microphone than I clicked on Cortana to activate it with Her and all she gives me is loop as you see in the screenshot Cortana tells me to goto speech I go there and it's already turned on so I turned it off restarted and turned it back on and she still...
  5. Cortana is broken on a new install and i Have no idea how to correct it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to determine if an installed program is Legit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to determine if an installed program is Legit: How to check if the software application installed on my PC and/or the application that I want to install is legit? How to verify that it does not pose a security threat?...
  7. How many updates do I have to put if I installed a 2015 iso ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How many updates do I have to put if I installed a 2015 iso ?: Hello, I changed my laptop OS to Ubuntu from windows 10 in 2015. I still had the iso file with me. My mom wanted a laptop as I use a new one I decided to put windows 10, my original iso on it again. But while installing it struck me that windows has undergone tins of update...
  8. Is there a way BEFORE INSTALLING to validate a Windows 10 product key to determine if it is...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there a way BEFORE INSTALLING to validate a Windows 10 product key to determine if it is...: Is there a way BEFORE INSTALLING to validate a Windows 10 product key to determine if it is legitimate? Is there a Microsoft web page where I can type the full key in and get back a thumbs up or a thumbs down? I have a "Pro Full Version" of Windows 10 purchased on Amazon...
  9. How can I determine what Tech Preview build I have?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I determine what Tech Preview build I have?: I am on the Fast update ring, but I have no idea which build I actually have. The Settings and Recovery app says I am up to date, but gives no info on the build. The Control Panel only says I'm running Windows 10 Technical Preview 64-bit. When I boot up my Dell XPS, I see...
  10. Not sure if correct ISO file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not sure if correct ISO file: Last evening I installed the latest build 10158 from 10130 which I had. I did not do a clean install. After installation I had a problem with the system freezing to a total freeze. I did manage to revert back to the previous build so now I want to do a clean install of 10158....