Windows 10: How to determine if an installed program is Legit

Discus and support How to determine if an installed program is Legit in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to check if the software application installed on my PC and/or the application that I want to install is legit? How to verify that it does not pose... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kunal Khatri, May 1, 2020.

1. How to determine if an installed program is Legit

How to check if the software application installed on my PC and/or the application that I want to install is legit? How to verify that it does not pose a security threat?

:)

Kunal Khatri, May 1, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 1, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 1, 2020
  4. How to determine if an installed program is Legit

Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 1, 2020
Thema:

How to determine if an installed program is Legit

1. How to determine if an installed program is Legit - Similar Threads - determine installed program

2. How to check if installed windows 10 is legit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to check if installed windows 10 is legit?: im just a tiny bit paranoid. how can i check if the windows i installed is a legit one, and not a malicious copy made to steal data or smth? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-if-installed-windows-10-is-legit/fe6db82c-3ea9-4bcd-b1ec-ecc5921941fa
  3. How to check if installed windows 10 is legit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to check if installed windows 10 is legit?: im just a tiny bit paranoid. how can i check if the windows i installed is a legit one, and not a malicious copy made to steal data or smth? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-if-installed-windows-10-is-legit/fe6db82c-3ea9-4bcd-b1ec-ecc5921941fa
  4. How to check if installed windows 10 is legit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Is a Utility called Rufus a legit program to install windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is a Utility called Rufus a legit program to install windows 11?: Is a Utility called Rufus a legit program to install windows 11?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-utility-called-rufus-a-legit-program-to/a808a8e2-3e70-4200-852e-001156371bf4
  6. Is a Utility called Rufus a legit program to install windows 11?

Is a Utility called Rufus a legit program to install windows 11?: Is a Utility called Rufus a legit program to install windows 11?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-utility-called-rufus-a-legit-program-to/a808a8e2-3e70-4200-852e-001156371bf4
  7. File Associations How to determine the target program file

File Associations How to determine the target program file: Win 10 pro build 18363 ver1909 fully updated. Seems to be working just fine. I've been struggling with a problem for a while. I've searched extensively but cannot find an answer to my specific question. Every other variant but the specific question. My question is if I have...
  8. File Associations How to determine the target program file

in Windows 10 Support
    File Associations How to determine the target program file: Win 10 pro build 18363 ver1909 fully updated. Seems to be working just fine. I've been struggling with a problem for a while. I've searched extensively but cannot find an answer to my specific question. Every other variant but the specific question. My question is if I have...
  9. how to determine the name of a program that is being installed with the windows installer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to determine the name of a program that is being installed with the windows installer: I'm trying to install the free Adobe reader. To do that I need, I need to uninstall the Adobe Acrobat Pro. In Programs and Feature, when I select the Adobe Acrobat Pro and click uninstall, I get this message: [ATTACH] How can I determine what other program is being...
  10. How to determine which Operating System is installed on the computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to determine which Operating System is installed on the computer.: THIS IS NOT MY LAPTOP HAS BEEN USED BY YOUNG CHILDREN OVER MOST RECENT TIMES, PERSONALLY OLDER LADY AM I AND WOULD PREFER TO USE WINDOWS 7 BEI NG THAT IS MOST OF MY COMPUTER EXPERIENCE, HOWEVER FEEL CERTAIN IT , WINDOWS 7, MAYBE OBSOLETE?? IN EFFORT, TO BEST AHCIEVE...