Windows 10: How to determine loss of packets caused by a physical layer issue?

Discus and support How to determine loss of packets caused by a physical layer issue? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I know there are lot of reasons for packet loss in other layers. But since when we start troubleshooting it's easier to find problems if we go through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Manula_Manjitha, May 28, 2022.

1. How to determine loss of packets caused by a physical layer issue?

I know there are lot of reasons for packet loss in other layers. But since when we start troubleshooting it's easier to find problems if we go through OSI model, we should start from the physical layer. There may be other approaches as well. But I need to know specifically about how to determine a packet loss is caused by a physical layer issue.

:)

Manula_Manjitha, May 28, 2022

2. Experiencing Severe packet loss and high pings

Bump, the command spearman suggested boosted the d/l speed to 70kb/s, however it didn't fix the packet loss issue, the ping issue's still there but has much less of an effect.

crazy pyro, May 28, 2022
  3. Lossing Internet Packets only on Windows 10

My English isnt the best on the world, but i understood you suggest it gonna be the router issue?
    As i said before, i tried two diffrent places, with diffrent internet operators and routers. Both places works good on my second computer with windows 7, and both losses packets on my windows 10 computer.

PS
    I pinged Adobe.com and still got packet loss.

TY for your reply.

PS.
    To make it even more simple - i loss some packets even when ping my own router.
    But only from this computer…. still

masynmassino, May 28, 2022
  4. How to determine loss of packets caused by a physical layer issue?

Getting weird spikes of packet loss

Hi all, just a quick update. The new router arrived which doesn't require a modem, the packet loss issue still persists... this rules out the issue being the router or modem or ISP. Does this mean there's something wrong with the wiring? (I remember someone mentioning split ends somewhere can cause packet loss)
    Engineer still scheduled for Tuesday.

ShavenTortoise, May 28, 2022
Thema:

How to determine loss of packets caused by a physical layer issue?

1. How to determine loss of packets caused by a physical layer issue? - Similar Threads - determine loss packets

2. Network packet loss.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network packet loss.: my PC and wifi run fine normally, i have 200mbps and it get downloads fast. there is only 1 thing wrong and thats why im here to seek help.randomly in about 2 minute intervals but still random just not frequent i get complete inbound packet loss.so if im downloading something...
  3. Network packet loss.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network packet loss.: my PC and wifi run fine normally, i have 200mbps and it get downloads fast. there is only 1 thing wrong and thats why im here to seek help.randomly in about 2 minute intervals but still random just not frequent i get complete inbound packet loss.so if im downloading something...
  4. How to determine loss of packets caused by a physical layer issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to determine loss of packets caused by a physical layer issue?: I know there are lot of reasons for packet loss in other layers. But since when we start troubleshooting it's easier to find problems if we go through OSI model, we should start from the physical layer. There may be other approaches as well. But I need to know specifically...
  5. How to determine loss of packets caused by a physical layer issue?

How to determine loss of packets caused by a physical layer issue?: I know there are lot of reasons for packet loss in other layers. But since when we start troubleshooting it's easier to find problems if we go through OSI model, we should start from the physical layer. There may be other approaches as well. But I need to know specifically...
  6. Outgoing packet loss

Outgoing packet loss: Hi, my PC running Win 10 experiences outgoing packet loss every now and then randomly, and when in a call, it will drop for a second, and come back. How can i stop as i am on an Ethernet cable and have changed ISP multiple times and it has not fixed the issue,...
  7. packet loss

packet loss: how can i stop getting packet loss in the games i play im one a wired connection and i already contacted my internet provider and they said everything was good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/packet-loss/d0b7b7f2-121e-4fac-9d73-8e4933b61cea
  8. Packet Loss

Packet Loss: I have been experiencing packet loss with the wifi at my college, but it seems that only i am the one having struggles. my roommate is on the same wifi as me and gets a lower ping, and 0 packet loss. is there a problem with my laptop?...
  9. 100% Packet Loss

100% Packet Loss: I've been experiencing this problem for a couple of days now. My wifi works but I either I can't connect to a game or I am getting massive ping spikes every couple of seconds....
  10. LAN packet loss

LAN packet loss: Hello , This is a strange one, every test of ping i got a packet loss using Ethernet cable but when i use WI-FI adapter it's work fine (no packet loss) . Im sure that the router is OK and my hardware & software (motherboard) is OK, i tested with same pc a portable Linux...