Windows 10: How to determine origin of Windows 10 image on a system

Discus and support How to determine origin of Windows 10 image on a system in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, we have a number of systems in our environment and some of them have the OEM (Lenovo in most cases) Windows 10 image on them; and some were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by J73, May 12, 2018.

1. J73
    J73 Win User

How to determine origin of Windows 10 image on a system

Hi, we have a number of systems in our environment and some of them have the OEM (Lenovo in most cases) Windows 10 image on them; and some were re-imaged using an ISO downloaded from Microsoft. Unfortunately our internal documentation on which were deployed which way is poor or non-existent.

How is it possible for me to determine, after-the-fact, which of them still have the OEM image and which have the MS image on them? The re-imaged ones may have had Lenovo utilities installed so looking for Lenovo-branded apps won't necessarily provide the answer. I was hoping maybe the activation key would have vendor-specific prefix strings or something like that but haven't found any evidence of that in my searching so far.

Thanks!

:)

2. system image windows 10

Hi Sean,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What exactly happens when you try to create a system image?
    • Are you getting any error message or error code on the screen?
    I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below to create System Recovery point in Windows 10.

Steps:

1. Open Control Panel.

2. Click on File History, click on System Image Backup located at the bottom left corner of the window.

3. Click on Create System Image from the left menu pane.

3. You will be directed to a new window where you will be able to select where you choose to create the image in.

4. Follow on screen instructions.

Refer to the below link and check if that helps:

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Additional information:

Recovery options in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Write to us with the status of the issues experienced on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, May 30, 2018
  3. regism Win User
    How to create Windows 10 system image on a usb flash drive

Thanks Maria:

I made a system image on a USB flash drive using the tools available in Windows 10. I want to make this image bootable so that I can reinstall it on my computer from the same USB flash drive. Can I do this using the method you have suggested?

If not, can you or anyone else tell me how to do this?

Thanks again,

Regis

regism, May 30, 2018
Thema:

How to determine origin of Windows 10 image on a system

1. How to determine origin of Windows 10 image on a system - Similar Threads - determine origin image

2. Windows 10 System image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 System image: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to create Windows 10 system image backup but it takes much space same asin my C Drive. Is there any to compress system image or another way or third party tool?...
  3. Windows 10 System image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 System image: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to create Windows 10 system image backup but it takes much space same asin my C Drive. Is there any to compress system image or another way or third party tool?...
  4. System Image Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Image Windows 10: Can you put a System Image created in Windows 10 Back up and restore windows 7 and put the image onto a USB thumb drive?My drive is like 70 GB in sizeI was in Best Buy yesterday and I saw a USB thumb drive that was 128 GB in size and would easily fit the file sizeJust want to...
  5. windows 10 system image.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 system image.: I tried creating system image for my windows 10 on a 32gb usb and I have it formatted to NTFS. but when I select it, it says that "The drive is no a valid backup location"....
  6. Windows 10 System Image

Windows 10 System Image: Hi, I bought a new laptop from Currys in the UK, and the sales person there was insistent that I needed to pay them to supply a system image on a memory stick, and of course pay. I declined their offer, and have a couple of questions: 1, Do I really need to create a...
  7. Creating SYSTEM IMAGE in Windows 10 -How

Creating SYSTEM IMAGE in Windows 10 -How: The control panel shows Backup & Restore (Windows 7) -I do not understand why Microsoft referring to Windows 7??? That could mean the system image if created using this option is not for Windows 10. All my computers are new and came with Windows 10 and I do not understand...
  8. windows 10 system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    windows 10 system image: Hi a few months ago I created a system image from my Windows 10 Tablet. Eventually I extracted the image using 7zip. There seemed to be an image inside for every partition. Since I only wanted to keep a backup of my personal files, I only kept the image of the main...
  9. Windows 10 System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 System Image: I would like to create a complete system image using the built-in Windows 10 image backup. I understand how to do this onto an external hard drive. I also understand that I can create a bootable flash drive there as well. But do I have to create this flash drive or could I...
  10. Determine File System of Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Determine File System of Drive in Windows 10: How to: Determine File System of Drive in Windows 10 How to Determine File System of Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information A file system enables applications to store and retrieve files on storage devices. Windows 10 supports formatting a drive using the ReFS file...