Windows 10: How to determine what resource is being accessed by recent applications

Discus and support How to determine what resource is being accessed by recent applications in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I need to know about recent applications that a user used and what resources were accessed by those applications. The meaning of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Manula_Manjitha, May 23, 2022.

1. How to determine what resource is being accessed by recent applications

Hi everyone,I need to know about recent applications that a user used and what resources were accessed by those applications. The meaning of the resources is, whether the application was dealing with the LAN or with the internet. I need to get these information from windows itself but not with any third party software. Please suggest me any method to find those such as windows registry or windows logs or any other, and how to do it exactly.Thank you in advance.

:)

Manula_Manjitha, May 23, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

Restore recent folders to quick access, including list of 4 recent

Welcome to TenForums @wolf145

You don't say where you found these threads, but we have some tutorials here on TenForums on that subject which probably cover the steps you took.

Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10
    Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

Note that the second one on 'how to clear the lists' basically says turn it off then on again. I'm afraid your lists may well have been cleared by now. The frequent places in your quick access will rebuild its list as you use the PC, but there's no way to retrieve an old list. You'll have to recreate it by revisiting those places I'm afraid.

If you have been relying on these quick access links as your primary way to find places you want, then once you have rebuilt the list you can right-click on the important ones and choose 'Pin to Quick access' to make them permanent.

3. Recent files access

Hi my name is Ross, I'm an independent advisor. I'd be happy to help with your issue.

Depending on the update being installed this can sometimes be an entirely new version of the software so these list don’t carry over.

You can access recent documents by following these steps:

Press Windows Key + E.

Under File Explorer, select Quick access.

Now, you will find a section Recent files which will display all the recently viewed files/documents.

Regarding your issue with Facebook, have you installed the app and you are having issues opening this?

If so I would suggest going to settings/apps and removing the app before reinstalling, this clears up most issues.

Regards,

Ross

rossmcbain, May 23, 2022
  4. How to determine what resource is being accessed by recent applications

Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

Hi there,

I've only just upgraded to windows 10, so still getting to grips. I have the recent items option enabled in both the quick access panel and jump lists, but they're appearing in neither. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks

pennywhistle, May 23, 2022
Thema:

How to determine what resource is being accessed by recent applications

1. How to determine what resource is being accessed by recent applications - Similar Threads - determine resource being

2. how to recenter google application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recenter google application: I can't see the full screen when I open up google it's stuck to the right of the monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recenter-google-application/2008940f-8b4d-4dea-a29c-cde0adf24f94
  3. how to recenter google application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to recenter google application: I can't see the full screen when I open up google it's stuck to the right of the monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recenter-google-application/2008940f-8b4d-4dea-a29c-cde0adf24f94
  4. Determining what PUA's are

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Determining what PUA's are: I got gifted the game Disgaea for my birthday a while ago, but the game needs a LOT of grinding. I am not a kid with a summer vacation to blow on this anymore, so I wanted to cheat some XP to eliminate the boring grinding. However the save files are encrypted, so I'm looking...
  5. How to determine what resource is being accessed by recent applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to determine what resource is being accessed by recent applications: Hi everyone,I need to know about recent applications that a user used and what resources were accessed by those applications. The meaning of the resources is, whether the application was dealing with the LAN or with the internet. I need to get these information from windows...
  6. How to determine what resource is being accessed by recent applications

How to determine what resource is being accessed by recent applications: Hi everyone,I need to know about recent applications that a user used and what resources were accessed by those applications. The meaning of the resources is, whether the application was dealing with the LAN or with the internet. I need to get these information from windows...
  7. How do I determine if my pc is being accessed remotely and if anything is running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I determine if my pc is being accessed remotely and if anything is running: How do I start this conversation? I'm going with Concerns and Facts. I am concerned someone has access to my PC and has had access for quite sometime. Among several events that bring me to this conclusion. The largest is my home was robbed approximately 3 years ago. They got...
  8. Lots of resources being used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lots of resources being used: I have up to 45% of my CPU and 70-85% of my RAM in use (I have 8 GB) just by doing low end tasks. Looking in task manager, I know for a fact that ~6GB of RAM is not being used by Discord and Chrome. Windows should barely use any of that. I've been suspicious of bloatware...
  9. how to determine the name of a program that is being installed with the windows installer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to determine the name of a program that is being installed with the windows installer: I'm trying to install the free Adobe reader. To do that I need, I need to uninstall the Adobe Acrobat Pro. In Programs and Feature, when I select the Adobe Acrobat Pro and click uninstall, I get this message: [ATTACH] How can I determine what other program is being...
  10. How to determine which applications are currently using a service

How to determine which applications are currently using a service: Is there a way to find out, which applications are currently using a service? Kindest Regards 55956