Windows 10: how to determine whether 2 computers are sharing their OneDrive folders

Discus and support how to determine whether 2 computers are sharing their OneDrive folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I want 2 computers to share their OneDrive folders. One computer is running Windows 7, the other is running Windows 10. As a test, on each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SweetTasha, Apr 18, 2019.

1. how to determine whether 2 computers are sharing their OneDrive folders

Hi,

I want 2 computers to share their OneDrive folders. One computer is running Windows 7, the other is running Windows 10. As a test, on each computer, I copied a file to their OneDrive folder. The two files have different names. Neither computer's OneDrive folder has the other's file.

Initially, I had trouble getting OneDrive to install on Windows 7. To be honest, I'm uncertain whether I actually succeeded in installing OneDrive on Windows 7. The only "evidence" I have to support that I have OneDrive on the Windows 7 computer is that it has a OneDrive folder. Would there be a OneDrive folder on a Windows 7 computer by default?

Below are the folder properties for OneDrive on each computer. They're not exactly the same. On the Windows 7 computer the properties show a SHORTCUT tab, and the object name is a .lnk. On the Windows 10 computer there isn't a SHORTCUT tab and the object name is a url.

Thanks. Phil.

Windows 10

how to determine whether 2 computers are sharing their OneDrive folders 35b06b13-babd-4ff1-a2e6-295efe6b37b1?upload=true.png

Windows 7

how to determine whether 2 computers are sharing their OneDrive folders 3a953c97-236f-4f14-9f1f-89a6a1f5a1d4?upload=true.png

:)

SweetTasha, Apr 18, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Folder sharing across 2 computers

Thank you for the details that you've provided. We suggest that re-map the network folder to refresh the connection between the two computers. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Windows icon and select Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet on the left menu.
    • Click Network and Sharing Center at the right menu.
    • Click Change advanced sharing settings on the left menu.
    • Under All Networks, turn on the Public folder sharing. (Refer to the screenshot below.)

how to determine whether 2 computers are sharing their OneDrive folders 7b932e3d-d0c3-4b2d-b488-0da3d572a68d.jpg

Meanwhile, we also suggest that you check this article and see the Windows 10 section for more details:

Map a network drive.

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Apr 18, 2019
  3. OneDrive sharing help

Its should be indefinite. I have a shared folder with a friend of mine for about two years now. Is it automatically cutting off?

TheMailMan78, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Frogger Win User

how to determine whether 2 computers are sharing their OneDrive folders

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile how to determine whether 2 computers are sharing their OneDrive folders :)

Frogger, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

how to determine whether 2 computers are sharing their OneDrive folders

1. how to determine whether 2 computers are sharing their OneDrive folders - Similar Threads - determine whether computers

2. Share sub folders in onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share sub folders in onedrive: I have shared a parent folder in onedrive in office 365. when i or the shared user creates a sub folder, this is not synced and does not display. how do i set onedrive so as any sub folders and content are automatically synchronised with other users?...
  3. How to share a specific folder on my computer with Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to share a specific folder on my computer with Onedrive: Hi Onedrive expertsI need to give remote access to a speciic folder on my computer to remote colleagues. We are in different workgroups as we are on different networks. The obvious answer is to copy the folder to my Onedrive and set it to sync automatically, then share the...
  4. OneDrive Shared Folder

OneDrive Shared Folder: I am trying to use a OneDrive shared folder ( Frame ) as a source of Photos for a Digital PhotoFrame. I want others to be able to drop photos to this folder. My Wife and I use Ipads. I shared my ' Frame ' folder with her. On MY Ipad, I CAN select a photo and send it to the '...
  5. Does it matter whether Desktop in Onedrive folder or Computer?

Does it matter whether Desktop in Onedrive folder or Computer?: Hello I do not want to use OneDrive and it's cloud services. My Desktop is in my OneDrive folder. Does it matter if I leave it there or move the files to My Desktop on my computer. What are the advantages or disadvantages of doing this? If I do it, how do I make the My...
  6. OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files

OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files: I created a View-Only Shared OneDrive Folder with another person. I have confirmed that this folder is visible on their OneDrive Account and was downloaded onto all their devices. I then added files to the Folder, but the files themselves have not been shared. The files...
  7. How do I determine whether S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I determine whether S mode: My Epson printer WF 2750 no longer responds to direction from my computer. It worked fine until I started transferring some information from a storage 'flash' to the Documents portion in the Computer. I am not sure whether I hit a button which created this S Mode. Message...
  8. Onedrive for Business Shared Folders

Onedrive for Business Shared Folders: We currently use Dropbox to share team folders in real time and I would like to replace it with Onedrive but I don´t see a way to download shared folders to each team members´computer. Is there a way to do this in Onedrive for business? I am considering using Sharepoint...
  9. Using Shared OneDrive Folders

Using Shared OneDrive Folders: My parents are luddites, so when it comes to keeping their photos organised and backed up, it's easier if I just do it for them. About a month ago Microsoft introduced the ability to use shared OneDrive folders from the desktop (Info Here). Therefore, it's crossed my mind...
  10. Determine whether a usb drive is bootable

in Windows 10 Support
    Determine whether a usb drive is bootable: Short of rebooting, is there some way to tell whether a usb drive is bootable? 105327