Windows 10: How to determine which applications are currently using a service

Discus and support How to determine which applications are currently using a service in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to find out, which applications are currently using a service? Kindest Regards 55956 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ber999, Jul 10, 2016.

1. ber999 Win User

How to determine which applications are currently using a service

Is there a way to find out, which applications are currently using a service?

Kindest Regards

:)

ber999, Jul 10, 2016
  2. sudude Win User

How to check which apps are currently running? C3

unfortunately there is no way to launch that "task killing" app from anywhere from the phone, it just starts itself when you run out resources.

sudude, Jul 10, 2016
  3. dalebotha Win User
    How to check which apps are currently running? C3

Anybody out there...When there is not enough memory to open a new app it gives you the opportunity to stop currently running background apps. Is there a way to check and/or stop apps before you run out of memory?

Phone: C3

Thanks

dalebotha, Jul 10, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Welcome to the forum.

Short answer: No.

Typically applications do not use a service directly. Usually an application relies on what a service is doing and the developer may not even be aware of which service is performing that function. In some cases this isn't even officially documented.

Windows does not understand what an application is doing except at a very primitive level. It has no knowledge of what applications are using which services. Windows cannot tell you what is doesn't know.

Why do you want to know this?

I am a programmer (amateur) so I know these things from first hand experience.

LMiller7, Jul 10, 2016
  5. ber999 Win User
    Thank you very much,
    there is a problem with skype and Windows 10 64 bit.
    Skype freezes and Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation (audiodg.exe) causes 100% disk load.
    The cause therfore is not malware, because other applications work properly.
    While configuring the sound quality a message is displayed telling another application has exclusive access to the audio device.
    The is no way to find out which application has access.

Kindest Regards

ber999, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to determine which applications are currently using a service - Similar Threads - determine applications are

2. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?: I wanted to stop unwanted services from my task manager but want to know that which service is used by which app because I don't want to end a service which is important or I want that service....
  3. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?: I wanted to stop unwanted services from my task manager but want to know that which service is used by which app because I don't want to end a service which is important or I want that service....
  4. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Determine Current Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Determine Current Font: How do I tell my current font in Windows 10? I see all kinds of tutorials on changing fonts, increasing and decreasing fonts, but how do I tell which font I'm currently using? The reason I ask, my profile looks nice, crisp and clear but my daughters profile on the same...
  6. Looking for a way to open multiple applications in a determined layout using a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a way to open multiple applications in a determined layout using a...: I like to keep a certain website (using Edge) and discord open on my 2nd monitor. This monitor is postioned in portrait mode, and I like to have Edge using up the bottom 75% of the screen, with discord open on the upper 25%. This can be mildly annoying to have to set up every...
  7. How to determine what the current version of a device driver is

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to determine what the current version of a device driver is: Hi, The reason for the question is, I was told that the information in Device Manager about version numbers is incorrect. Is that true? I believe it is. Thank you, Gary...
  8. How to customize the side bar in Explorer (determine which cloud services appear and in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to customize the side bar in Explorer (determine which cloud services appear and in...: Dear community, my current side bar looks as follows: [ATTACH] I have already found a way how I can remove "Create Cloud Files": https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/remove-creative-cloud-files-file-explorer-sidebar/ However, with every update of Adobe XD it appears...
  9. How to determine which Operating System is installed on the computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to determine which Operating System is installed on the computer.: THIS IS NOT MY LAPTOP HAS BEEN USED BY YOUNG CHILDREN OVER MOST RECENT TIMES, PERSONALLY OLDER LADY AM I AND WOULD PREFER TO USE WINDOWS 7 BEI NG THAT IS MOST OF MY COMPUTER EXPERIENCE, HOWEVER FEEL CERTAIN IT , WINDOWS 7, MAYBE OBSOLETE?? IN EFFORT, TO BEST AHCIEVE...
  10. How to check which service or apps are currently connected to my Microsoft account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to check which service or apps are currently connected to my Microsoft account?: Because I just allowed a website could access my information by login into my Microsoft account, I’m trying to disconnect its permission. How can I do that? Does Microsoft has a site that help user to control "webs or services that allowed to access users information" ?...