Windows 10: How to determine why Startup Repair is triggered

Discus and support How to determine why Startup Repair is triggered in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 device seems to sporadically go into "Preparing Startup Repair" on boot. I can often get back to a proper boot just by restarting, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Colm de Cleir, Aug 31, 2021.

1. How to determine why Startup Repair is triggered

My Windows 10 device seems to sporadically go into "Preparing Startup Repair" on boot. I can often get back to a proper boot just by restarting, but then next time I restart the device it does it again.So I'm trying to diagnose what prompts Windows to begin "Startup Repair" in the first place? I've been searching and there is plenty of info on how to fix and diagnosing why it might be failing, but very little on why it starts in the first place other than vague speculation. Apparently it may be because of corrupt or missing system files. But how can I check which of the files are corrupt or mi

:)

Colm de Cleir, Aug 31, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 31, 2021
  3. Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 31, 2021
  4. Force01 Win User

How to determine why Startup Repair is triggered

startup repair

Hey EveryBody *Busted*Busted*Busted*Busted*Busted

i following Brink tuts to repair my windows ten
    but when i am reached to this step

How to determine why Startup Repair is triggered [​IMG]

my Keyboard/Mouse Stops working *Shock

Force01, Aug 31, 2021
Thema:

How to determine why Startup Repair is triggered

1. How to determine why Startup Repair is triggered - Similar Threads - determine why Startup

2. Why is this startup repair thing looping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this startup repair thing looping: Hello, So Everytime I shut down my pc and turn it back on later, it says something like "diagnosing PC" or "Startup repair" the thing ive done is reset my pc. This usually works until my PC shuts down by itself, and the issue occurs again. This is getting really frustrating...
  3. Why is this startup repair thing looping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this startup repair thing looping: Hello, So Everytime I shut down my pc and turn it back on later, it says something like "diagnosing PC" or "Startup repair" the thing ive done is reset my pc. This usually works until my PC shuts down by itself, and the issue occurs again. This is getting really frustrating...
  4. Startup Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair: I'm sorry to bother you all again, but I wanted to ask about a startup warning i get sometimes and Iwonder what I can do to fix it. when I turn on my PC, a blue screen comes on and says my PC has committed a fatal error and needs repairs, when I click on one of the...
  5. Startup Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup Repair: Alright, so now I got this laptop to windows 10, few months later it’s having start up repair issues.https://youtu.be/OwCH5J97GV0 I’ve tryed all 3 parts of this series and nothing is working. I can’t give most information about it because I can’t even get into the laptop...
  6. Startup Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Repair: Alright, so now I got this laptop to windows 10, few months later it’s having start up repair issues.https://youtu.be/OwCH5J97GV0 I’ve tryed all 3 parts of this series and nothing is working. I can’t give most information about it because I can’t even get into the laptop...
  7. How to enter startup repair?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to enter startup repair?: Hello, my windows is broken, and i tried to fix it with startup repair. but when i will login to my account, my password is wrong. I tried to enter the microsoft account password and the pin used to log in on windows 10 but still can't log in. Which password should I enter?...
  8. Is there a way to programmatically determine which device triggers a Windows Update?

Is there a way to programmatically determine which device triggers a Windows Update?: Hello - Is there an API or registry entry that supports finding the device that triggers a Windows driver update? What I would hope to find is a VID/PID corresponding to the device matched by the Windows Update matching algorithm. Thank you....
  9. Startup repair

Startup repair: I am doing a startup repair and it is wanting me to put my password for the account. I have reset my password and it still wont let me do it on the computer. I was wondering what password it would be, is it either my microsoft account password or my login password which i do...
  10. Stuck on Windows Repair at Startup and How to Determining the Windows Operating System?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Windows Repair at Startup and How to Determining the Windows Operating System?: Hi, I'm servicing someones computer and their computer will not start properly. It keeps going to the Repair option. However, it always has an error and cannot complete a repair? Is there a way to fix this? Also, is there a way to determine which Windows OS is on the...