Windows 10: How to diagnose cause of lost internet connectivity?

Discus and support How to diagnose cause of lost internet connectivity? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; From time to time my system cannot connect to the Internet. The "modem" (from ExSpectrum) indicates (by its lights) that all is well. The Internet icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonNewYork, Aug 22, 2021.

1. How to diagnose cause of lost internet connectivity?

From time to time my system cannot connect to the Internet. The "modem" (from ExSpectrum) indicates (by its lights) that all is well. The Internet icon status in the lower left also indicates Internet connectivity, yet there isn't any. Obviously it's restored now. I try running a batch file: Echo "Before Trying to Fix the IP" >ipconfig.txt ipconfig >ipconfig.txt Echo "Ipconfig/release" >>ipconfig.txt ipconfig /release >>ipconfig.txt Echo "Ipconfig /renew" >> ipconfig.txt ipconfig /renew >>ipconfig.txt Echo "ipconfig / flushdns" >>ipconfig.txt ipconfig /flushdns >>ipconfig.txt Echo "netsh winsock reset all" >>ipconfig.txt netsh winsock reset all >>ipconfig.txt Echo "netsh int ip reset all" >>ipconfig.txt netsh int ip reset all >>ipconfig.txt Echo "DONE!" >>ipconfig.txt Didn't help. So my only choice is to reboot, a 12 minute process. Is there any app or apps I can run which can accurately diagnose the cause of this problem? I cannot be sure, of course, but it might be caused when I tried to connect my ExpressVPN, which now cannot run at all, no idea why. Running Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Thanks. RON

:)

RonNewYork, Aug 22, 2021
  2. Anna Bol Win User

Internet connection causes computer to loose power.

Hello Cliff,

An outdated network adapter can be one possible reason for this.
    To isolate the issue, kindly provide us these details:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • How are you connected to the internet? Is it via Ethernet cable or is it wirelessly connected?
    • Have you installed the latest Windows updates?

To help us diagnose the cause of this error, we would suggest that you follow these steps:

Step 1: Boot into safe mode and check if the issue persists

Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. To boot into safe mode, kindly follow the steps on this link.

Step 2: If issue does not persist in safe mode, we suggest you to place the computer in clean boot and check which third party application driver is causing the issue.

Follow the steps on this link to
    perform a clean boot.

Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to set the computer to start as usual as mentioned in Step 7 in the above KB article.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Anna Bol, Aug 22, 2021
  3. rob1618 Win User
    Lost internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

after downloading windows 10, i had no internet wifi connections. tried almost everything from community.

I downloaded talent driver network software to an

external drive using another computer and then ran the set up on non internet computer. Wifi networks reappeared and I was able to get on the internet and download some apps but connects lost by the next day when turned on computer, Again unable to get
    on internet and network adapters not listed. Talent driver software no longer effective.

tried INFO GROUND(/) STEP 1. NO CHANGED...no connections listed.

thanks fo trying to help. Any other suggestions

rob1618, Aug 22, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

How to diagnose cause of lost internet connectivity?

Lost my Internet Connection. DHCPPCMONITOR cannot be loaded.

Hi,

To help you regain your network connection on the laptop, please answer the following:

• Did you make any changes on the laptop before losing connection to the Internet?
    • Have you tried to connect the laptop to the network with an Ethernet cable? How did it go?
    It will be helpful if we can check for network access while the laptop is connected to the modem or router via Ethernet cable. If it works that way, we can isolate the problem to the wireless connectivity.

We also suggest you run the network troubleshooter available in Control Panel. Follow the steps below:

• Click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Internet Connections and run the troubleshooter.
    It will automatically diagnose and correct errors on your network connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruz San, Aug 22, 2021
Thema:

How to diagnose cause of lost internet connectivity?

1. How to diagnose cause of lost internet connectivity? - Similar Threads - diagnose cause lost

2. internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection lost: hi allMy internet is disconnected every few minutes for an unknown reason and it shows limited access, no matter what I did, it doesn't work, I even changed the wireless chip, it didn't work, can anyone help me, what should I do?...
  3. internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet connection lost: hi allMy internet is disconnected every few minutes for an unknown reason and it shows limited access, no matter what I did, it doesn't work, I even changed the wireless chip, it didn't work, can anyone help me, what should I do?...
  4. How to diagnose cause of lost internet connectivity?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to diagnose cause of lost internet connectivity?: From time to time my system cannot connect to the Internet. The "modem" (from ExSpectrum) indicates (by its lights) that all is well. The Internet icon status in the lower left also indicates Internet connectivity, yet there isn't any. Obviously it's restored now. I try...
  5. diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access...

diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access...: Hello everyone, I'm head of IT in my company and we have some strange problems with 3 PC in our network. In our network we have more than 20 PC, but only 3 PC have the same problem. During the day in intermittent way they can't connection with browser, mail or other...
  6. lost internet connection

lost internet connection: I stupidly agree to Microsoft to sync my computers...… since then, my laptop is ok but somehow, my other computer, which is directy plugged to the internet does not have access to the internet...my desktop picture got transferred to my other computer?????? now I cannot...
  7. Lost internet connectivity

Lost internet connectivity: Sudenly my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 version 1803 lost internet connectivity. I got a strong WiFi signal but no Internet . Wi-Fi and internet are working properly with another devices. Running the troubleshooter I got a message: " security or firewall settings might be...
  8. Internet connection lost

Internet connection lost: On Friday, there was an update by Windows 10 and immediately afterwards I lost my internet connection. I contacted the chat help and the lady there had me try a couple of things which did not help including reversing the update. i contacted my service provider and they could...
  9. Lost ability to connect to the internet

Lost ability to connect to the internet: I installed the latest update from Microsoft, the complete new version and now on one computer my internet connection says SECURED, Not Connected. It is a A6210, Netgear wireless USB3 device that I have on all the Windows computers. The A6210 works fine on any other computer...
  10. Win 10 update causes lost internet connection

Win 10 update causes lost internet connection: I've had this problem before, this time on a HP All In One. A Win update caused the ethernet connection to be unusable. I finally got it back using system restore. I don't have any confidence that Windows won't just reinstall an unsuitable driver. Neither Windows or HP...