Windows 10: How to diagnose really slow startup?

Discus and support How to diagnose really slow startup? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Having lots of trouble with one machine that I upgraded from Win 7 to 10... The startup is REALLY slow! Like 30-45 minutes slow. I get the initial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/s400mpr, Jan 18, 2020.

1. How to diagnose really slow startup?

Having lots of trouble with one machine that I upgraded from Win 7 to 10... The startup is REALLY slow! Like 30-45 minutes slow.

I get the initial login screen, enter my password and then get a black screen with dimmed flashing taskbar at the bottom. And then if I leave the maxchine alone, eventually I get to the normal logged in screen. And from there on everything works without problem. And I can work all day with the machine and all software works like normal.

How could I possibly diagnose what the problem might be and solve it?

submitted by /u/s400mpr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/s400mpr, Jan 18, 2020
  2. SlipSlice Win User

Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool How to diagnose really slow startup? :cool:

SlipSlice, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Clark Ari Win User

How to diagnose really slow startup?

Startup slow

Since the issue still persists regarding the performance of your computer, we suggest that you perform clean boot. This will help diagnose and troubleshoot your computer slow boot issue. To do this, follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Get back to us with the result.

Clark Ari, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

How to diagnose really slow startup?

1. How to diagnose really slow startup? - Similar Threads - diagnose really slow

2. Windows 10 is really slow at shutdown but ok on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is really slow at shutdown but ok on startup: Windows 10 is really slow at shutdown but ok on startupApplied Fixes Which didn't helpfix tge issue Turn off fast startup power troubleshooting with no issues multiple changes to registryafter further investigation I found in event viewer some services that cause shutdown to...
  3. Windows 10 is really slow at shutdown but ok on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 is really slow at shutdown but ok on startup: Windows 10 is really slow at shutdown but ok on startupApplied Fixes Which didn't helpfix tge issue Turn off fast startup power troubleshooting with no issues multiple changes to registryafter further investigation I found in event viewer some services that cause shutdown to...
  4. Windows 10 is really slow at shutdown but ok on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Diagnosing Slow Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Diagnosing Slow Login: My Dell laptop is still taking about 10 secs to login despite having a SSD drive and just being upgraded to v2004 (it was the same before the upgrade). I've disabled obvious third party stuff I don't need in Autoruns. Doing a clean boot by disabling third party service in...
  6. Computer really slow

Computer really slow: Sorry double post please delete it 153373
  7. Startup responsiveness and how to diagnose?

Startup responsiveness and how to diagnose?: When I start my system, my C drive is maxed at 100% for about 15 minutes. Because of this I've started leaving my machine on overnight, which I'm not a fan of. I put it into sleep, but after about 15 minutes it wakes up, but that's a whole other issue. My CPU is a quad core...
  8. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  9. Laptop really slow

Laptop really slow: Hello, I have an HP laptop purchased 6 years ago. It is running on windows 10. Since I got it, the laptop is really slow, not able to go on a normal website page quick, takes time to load. I have performed a spy bot search and destroy, defragment, disk cleanup, run Avast...
  10. Really slow startup and no mention of Win10 in boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Really slow startup and no mention of Win10 in boot: Since upgrading to Win 10 recently it takes PC about 20mins plus to start (window and revolving wheel ) then log in /admin password enter --and it then runs OK I can live with it at worst ( make a cup o coffee and toast ) and then put it to sleep at night !*Wink Have...