Windows 10: How to dictate text in German language

Discus and support How to dictate text in German language in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I run English windows 10 with an English speaking country setting. I downloaded the German language pack, but if I try to dictate a text in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TomF, Oct 15, 2020.

1. TomF Win User

How to dictate text in German language

Hello,
    I run English windows 10 with an English speaking country setting. I downloaded the German language pack, but if I try to dictate a text in German by pressing Windows+H key, it only recognizes the text in English. What is the solution? Thanks everybody, regards, Thomas

:)

2. Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

Dictate text using Speech Recognition

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Dictation and Text predictions behaving abnormally.

I am having odd problems regarding the new text suggestion and dictation features in windows ten. At first, I was unable to open the dictation tool bar or even see the text suggestion box when i was typing. I tweaked a few settings (exactly what i tweaked,
    i forgot) but suddenly, both of these features started working. After restarting my computer following an update, these features stopped working altogether, like before. Is there something that i am missing here? I have double checked that all the settings
    are on and that the language is set to English (US).

I suppose the problem could be with the software controlling the keyboard because i just noticed that my onscreen keyboard also does not launch using the system icon. Any suggestions of what i should do?

Darkranger919, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. How to dictate text in German language - Similar Threads - dictate text German

2. Microsoft photo in german language how to change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photo in german language how to change?: My microsoft photo app is now in german language can't get it changed nothing else on computer is in german just photos app. How can I change this?...
  3. Microsoft photo in german language how to change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft photo in german language how to change?: My microsoft photo app is now in german language can't get it changed nothing else on computer is in german just photos app. How can I change this?...
  4. Text, browser, ads - everything changed language to German

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text, browser, ads - everything changed language to German: Everything changed language to german. Text in browser, YouTube has this small icon next to logo with DE next to it, Spotify plays german ads, can't use HBO as it says i'm outside the country am in, microsoft account etc. Everything changed to german. I've changed language...
  5. Text, browser, ads - everything changed language to German

Text, browser, ads - everything changed language to German: Everything changed language to german. Text in browser, YouTube has this small icon next to logo with DE next to it, Spotify plays german ads, can't use HBO as it says i'm outside the country am in, microsoft account etc. Everything changed to german. I've changed language...
  6. Microphones for Speech to Text and Dictation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphones for Speech to Text and Dictation.: Microsoft recommends an array mic. Does anybody have any experience with these? Have a source? I do not want to use a headset and the array mic, or something like it, has a strong appeal. After going through the first and second Windows voice training I attempted to...
  7. Microphones for Speech to Text and Dictation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Microphones for Speech to Text and Dictation.: Microsoft recommends an array mic. Does anybody have any experience with these? Have a source? I do not want to use a headset and the array mic, or something like it, has a strong appeal. After going through the first and second Windows voice training I attempted to...
  8. Dictation language can't be changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dictation language can't be changed: When I try to use dictation by clicking Windows key+H an action center notification opens up. It says: Dictation is not available in current language: Japanese. So I go to the settings, change "Choose the language you speak with your device" to US English, which is what I...
  9. German Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    German Language: My facebook is now in German - how do I get English back. Someone advices go to arrow top right of facebook s creen etc - problem is its all in German https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/german-language/74173b7a-7e2c-4893-8ab5-d337cd1fcd71
  10. How to Convert german language to English on windows 10.

How to Convert german language to English on windows 10.: I am facing the language problem on my windows 10 .My relative send it to me from German . But I lived in Bangladesh. And I try but with saw many videos on youtube .But I can't solve this problem. Is there anyone who is facing the same problem ?and give me the Actual...