Windows 10: How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access?

Discus and support How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access? I want to open folders which are on my OneDrive directly via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul_VC, May 1, 2019.

1. Paul_VC Win User

How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access?

How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access?

I want to open folders which are on my OneDrive directly via the Quick Access list in Windows 10 File Explorer.

To do this I add folders to Quick Access via the "Pin current folder to Quick access".

However, when I do this, the Quick Access "shortcut" to the folder doesn't open the folder on the OneDrive.

Instead, it opens the locally-stored mirror of that folder. (This is the "on demand" cached copy created by OneDrive, I assume).

What must I do to achieve what I want, namely that the Quick Access link opens the folder on the OneDrive directly?

:)

Paul_VC, May 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 1, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, May 1, 2019
  4. How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access?

explorer quick access bar folder removal

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Please follow these simple steps to bring back the old This PC view in Windows 10 File Explorer:

1. Open File Explorer, click on View tab in Ribbon and then click on
    Options.

2. Now to remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access/Home view, uncheck following 2 options present under
    Privacy section:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access
    It'll immediately remove these 2 sections from Quick Access view in File Explorer.

How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access? [​IMG]

3. If you want to completely get rid of Quick Access/Home view from File Explorer, change the option "Open File Explorer to" from "Quick access" to "This PC" using drop-down list. It'll
    set the old This PC view as default in File Explorer and you'll always have disk drives page visible whenever you open File Explorer.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, May 1, 2019
Thema:

1. How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access? - Similar Threads - directly open folder

2. CAN'T DELETE A FOLDER IN QUICK ACCESS IN FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN'T DELETE A FOLDER IN QUICK ACCESS IN FILE EXPLORER: Hi... I'm using a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Pro which is up todate. I have a folder listed in the Quick access list under My PC which no longer exists and I can't remove it or delete it.Does anyone have any idea as to how I can remove / delete the entry ?thanks B.E....
  3. Cannot access Onedrive - Personal folder through Quick Access of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access Onedrive - Personal folder through Quick Access of File Explorer: Hi allI suddenly realised that I couldn't access my onedrive - personal through the quick access of file explorer.The ”>" to the left of the icon is grayed out and cannot be clicked and the properties windows is totally empty, see figure 1 for detials.firgure 1. Empty...
  4. Cannot access Onedrive - Personal folder through Quick Access of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access Onedrive - Personal folder through Quick Access of File Explorer: Hi allI suddenly realised that I couldn't access my onedrive - personal through the quick access of file explorer.The ”>" to the left of the icon is grayed out and cannot be clicked and the properties windows is totally empty, see figure 1 for detials.firgure 1. Empty...
  5. Cannot access Onedrive - Personal folder through Quick Access of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. no quick access in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no quick access in my file explorer: there is no quick access on left side https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-quick-access-in-my-file-explorer/4e3be6da-128a-4d77-8fd0-c3b974eaca78
  7. no quick access in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no quick access in my file explorer: there is no quick access on left side https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-quick-access-in-my-file-explorer/4e3be6da-128a-4d77-8fd0-c3b974eaca78
  8. OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer: OneDrive folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures, etc.) will not open using File Explorer. File Explorer hangs. Folders and files using OneDrive app and OneDrive online work correctly. OneDrive folders do open correctly using a non-Microsoft file manager (TreeSize Personal)....
  9. Add a folder to File Explorer's sidebar (in between Quick access, OneDrive, This PC, and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add a folder to File Explorer's sidebar (in between Quick access, OneDrive, This PC, and...: How to add a folder to File Explorer's sidebar (in between Quick access, OneDrive, This PC, and etc. are placed)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/add-a-folder-to-file-explorers-sidebar-in-between/d7f1d0c0-eaea-4929-939c-22308e80a70f
  10. Open to This PC or Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open to This PC or Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Open to This PC or Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10 Set File Explorer to Open to This PC or Quick access by Default in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, File Explorer opens to Quick access by default which shows your Frequent folders and...