Windows 10: How to disable a device from device manager

Discus and support How to disable a device from device manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I was wondering if there's any way to hide and disable or delete altogether a device from showing up in device manager. Maybe a registry hack?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xdrdaniel, Aug 6, 2020.

1. How to disable a device from device manager

Hi I was wondering if there's any way to hide and disable or delete altogether a device from showing up in device manager. Maybe a registry hack?

submitted by /u/xdrdaniel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xdrdaniel, Aug 6, 2020

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

How to disable a device from device manager What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Aug 6, 2020
  4. How to disable a device from device manager

X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

How to disable a device from device manager

1. How to disable a device from device manager - Similar Threads - disable device device

2. Power management / Disabling Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power management / Disabling Devices: Having a ridiculously annoying issue where a USB mouse on a laptop will turn itself off with power managementWHILE DEVICE IS IN USE. The temporary fix is to disable the power management but it continually turns itself off. we switched to Bluetooth devices due to the...
  3. How to disable a device in Device Manager on multiple computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable a device in Device Manager on multiple computers.: Hi!I need to disable a device in over 300 laptops in Device Manager, but I know there has to be better to disable it rather than going to all of them and physically touching it.Can this be done in Endpoint Manager? Maybe a PowerShell script? Any help would be greatly...
  4. How to disable a device in Device Manager on multiple computers.

How to disable a device in Device Manager on multiple computers.: Hi!I need to disable a device in over 300 laptops in Device Manager, but I know there has to be better to disable it rather than going to all of them and physically touching it.Can this be done in Endpoint Manager? Maybe a PowerShell script? Any help would be greatly...
  5. How to disable a device in Device Manager on multiple computers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. How to hide the devices from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide the devices from Device Manager: Dear Sir,We refer to the follow doc to hide the devices from Device Manager, but it seems the Devices still show in the Device Manager even though we've config the the IRP, so how to continue to analyze the...
  7. How to hide the devices from Device Manager

How to hide the devices from Device Manager: Dear Sir,We refer to the follow doc to hide the devices from Device Manager, but it seems the Devices still show in the Device Manager even though we've config the the IRP, so how to continue to analyze the...
  8. How to hide the devices from Device Manager

9. device manager disable

device manager disable: Hello, I have multiple microphones and speakers, it cause me some problems when connect to remote PC. I had disabled one microphone and one speaker in device manager, as shown in picture below : [ATTACH] but this not affecting anything, i still see the disabled devices...
  10. Monitors disabled in device manager

Monitors disabled in device manager: Hi, I have a tri-display setup with a Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti. Whenever Windows 10 goes to sleep and then turns back on, all 3 monitor profiles are disabled. Bit of a pain, because one of the monitor's gamma keeps getting reset. Anyway to stop it from disabling my monitors?...