Windows 10: How to disable a icon in taskbar

Discus and support How to disable a icon in taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet How do I remove that one? It shows my two hard drives which are never going to be removed while the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SightUp, Jul 19, 2016.

1. SightUp Win User

How to disable a icon in taskbar

SightUp, Jul 19, 2016
  2. Steve16qo Win User

How do you disable task bar small pop-up windows?

How does one disable miniature pop-up windows when hovering over icons in the taskbar? When my mouse pointer touches a taskbar icon, the small window that sort of looks like the application pops up just above the taskbar icon. How can I disable those pop-ups?

Steve16qo, Jul 19, 2016
  3. jq85 Win User
    How do I disable the update to 10 taskbar icon?

How do I disable the update to 10 taskbar icon?

4. philc43 Win User

Well, you could remove it but it needs to be there for when you plug in a USB drive or backup device so that you can safely remove it.

You can make sure that it does not always appear by turning off the notification in Settings > System> Notifications and then select which items appear in the Taskbar. Turn off Windows Explorer (safely remove hardware and eject media) as shown below:

How to disable a icon in taskbar [​IMG]

philc43, Jul 19, 2016
  5. SightUp Win User
    That doesn't help. If I did this, then I would have a (<) icon down there which isn't what I want. It's probably going to be a reg edit or something.

SightUp, Jul 19, 2016
  6. reddice Win User
    reddice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable a icon in taskbar - Similar Threads - disable icon taskbar

2. Disable taskbar icon flashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable taskbar icon flashing: Hello,I am trying to disable the annoying flashing in the taskbar. I have found multiple articles online asking the same thing and none of the steps have worked. Here is what I tried.1 Disable "show badges on taskbard buttons"2 Change the registry key valuesNone of the above...
  3. Disable taskbar icon flashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable taskbar icon flashing: Hello,I am trying to disable the annoying flashing in the taskbar. I have found multiple articles online asking the same thing and none of the steps have worked. Here is what I tried.1 Disable "show badges on taskbard buttons"2 Change the registry key valuesNone of the above...
  4. Disable taskbar icon flashing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to disable Recent Search icon History in Windows 11 Taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Recent Search icon History in Windows 11 Taskbar: [ATTACH]Windows 11 shows the recent search history when you hover your mouse cursor over the Taskbar search icon. If you do not want the Search icon to show your recent search history, you can disable it. This guide will help you learn how to enable and disable the recent...
  6. How to disable taskbar tooltip?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable taskbar tooltip?: I need help to disable taskbar tooltip https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-taskbar-tooltip/3aacb1e8-932e-4312-bc3e-a693b5eb0994
  7. How Do I Disable The Notification Icon From The Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Disable The Notification Icon From The Taskbar?: Hello, I have a pretty quick and simple question. How do I disable the icon in the green box in the image below? [img] (I'm sure there is a simple tutorial on TenForums made by Shawn, but I cannot find it. Can someone please link me to it?) Thanks so much! 154612
  8. How to disable the title previews when hovering over an icon on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable the title previews when hovering over an icon on the taskbar?: Disable these little text previews when your mouse hovers over an icon on the taskbar? For some reason even when I cursor is somewhere else these annoying little shits are still taking up a precious 1% of my screen. submitted by /u/TheZergBerg [link] [comments]...
  9. How to disable taskbar previews?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable taskbar previews?: hi, Im trying to disable the taskbar previews when hovering over them shown in the screenshot: [img] did some google research and people talk about disabling peek in the visual performance settings I unchecked peek there, restarted PC, yet on 2 different PC's with win 10...
  10. Disabling a icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling a icon in taskbar: This icon just popped up a week ago. How do I get rid of it? [img] 122432