Windows 10: How to disable a specific key?

Discus and support How to disable a specific key? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I want to disable the "down arrow" key, I tried SharpKeys but it didn't work. Are there more methods to disable a key? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sohzph, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Sohzph Win User

How to disable a specific key?

Hi, I want to disable the "down arrow" key, I tried SharpKeys but it didn't work. Are there more methods to disable a key? Thanks

:)

Sohzph, Jan 29, 2022

2. control key disabled

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer recently?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter. To do this kindly follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jan 29, 2022
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jan 29, 2022
  4. How to disable a specific key?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 29, 2022
Thema:

How to disable a specific key?

1. How to disable a specific key? - Similar Threads - disable specific key

2. How to Disable Specific Key on Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable Specific Key on Keyboard: Hello,I am using HP i5 Intel iRisxe with Windows 11I want to disable Lock Key which works for Log Off like Windows Key+L. I have installed Power Toys Utility, Please guide me step by step, Thanks & RegarsJayesh Soni...
  3. How to Disable Specific Key on Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disable Specific Key on Keyboard: Hello,I am using HP i5 Intel iRisxe with Windows 11I want to disable Lock Key which works for Log Off like Windows Key+L. I have installed Power Toys Utility, Please guide me step by step, Thanks & RegarsJayesh Soni...
  4. How to disable this specific shortcut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable this specific shortcut.: The keys A+W+E pressed together always open up a window of my file explorer. I'm not sure how to disable this and I can't find any resources online to fix this....
  5. How to disable this specific shortcut.

How to disable this specific shortcut.: The keys A+W+E pressed together always open up a window of my file explorer. I'm not sure how to disable this and I can't find any resources online to fix this....
  6. How to disable specific usb port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable specific usb port: Heya! So windows keeps detecting and un-detecting usb devices that aren't even connected. I dont know if the problem is with the usb port or windows. So basically I am trying to switch that specific port off but windows keep detecting again, how do I do it?It shows "Unknown...
  7. How to disable specific usb port

How to disable specific usb port: Heya! So windows keeps detecting and un-detecting usb devices that aren't even connected. I dont know if the problem is with the usb port or windows. So basically I am trying to switch that specific port off but windows keep detecting again, how do I do it?It shows "Unknown...
  8. How to disable specific usb port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How to disable a specific key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable a specific key?: Hi, I want to disable the "down arrow" key, I tried SharpKeys but it didn't work. Are there more methods to disable a key? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-a-specific-key/2cd3e324-e7ac-4c73-a1ac-9c2f1005d019
  10. How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard: Hi again guys, so I have a controller dock for my Valve Index and i have bought those magnetic usb charging wires so that the controllers charge when they are in the controller dock. The thing is, after they are charged I don't want them to keep drawing power because that...