Windows 10: How to disable a user account in W10 Home?

Discus and support How to disable a user account in W10 Home? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I know I can't access the local users and groups policy in this version, but I can't figure on how to -temporarily- disable my kid's user account so... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by burgertime, Sep 24, 2015.

1. How to disable a user account in W10 Home?

I know I can't access the local users and groups policy in this version, but I can't figure on how to -temporarily- disable my kid's user account so that it cannot be logged in.

Thanks!

:)

burgertime, Sep 24, 2015

2. disable ability to create a local user account

If you make the user limited, they can't change their account privileges without Administrator or create another account.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-manage-...

Andre Da Costa, Sep 24, 2015
  3. disable ability to create a local user account

That doesn't solve the problem. I pulled up the legacy user account interface, viewed the properties for the user, reviewed the group membership options, but none of the group levels in "other" are suitable (or are not labeled clearly enough to know).
    The user is not in the administrator group -- they are in the standard user group currently. So presumably you were suggesting moving them to a different group that had more limited access. Are one of the "other" options suitable for that purpose?

BS Shaughnessy, Sep 24, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to disable a user account in W10 Home?

Brink, Sep 24, 2015
  5. EXCELLENT! Thank you so much Brink. You know, if my daughter were doing better in Math, I wouldn't need to know how to disable an account*really.

burgertime, Sep 24, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome.

LOL, funny how it always seems to come back and punish the parent as well. *Wink

Brink, Sep 24, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    How to disable a user account in W10 Home? [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Sep 25, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

To bad they won't do it on their own without having to be rewarded.

Brink, Sep 25, 2015
  9. It's unreal. To be fair, I'm a former Marine, so my expectations may be unreasonable of a 12 year old, but still....

burgertime, Sep 25, 2015
  10. Well, well, a military personnel. What the heck is wrong with these kids....?

burgertime, Sep 25, 2015
  11. Worked perfectly by the way. Thank you again. I just loaded up CMD as administrator, typed "net user <her username> /active:no" and poof! It disappeared from the login screen!

burgertime, Sep 25, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Sep 25, 2015
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

And now the wrath rains down upon you!

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable a user account in W10 Home? - Similar Threads - disable user account

2. how to reconnect user home directory to user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to reconnect user home directory to user account: I had to do a full install of Windows 10 Home on my desktop after Windows 11 issues. I had to restore my /home/users/{home directory}.My home directory was not linked or mapped to my Microsoft logon during the OS install. The home directory is there under "users" folder.is...
  3. how to reconnect user home directory to user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reconnect user home directory to user account: I had to do a full install of Windows 10 Home on my desktop after Windows 11 issues. I had to restore my /home/users/{home directory}.My home directory was not linked or mapped to my Microsoft logon during the OS install. The home directory is there under "users" folder.is...
  4. how to reconnect user home directory to user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. W10 Phantom user account

W10 Phantom user account: I recently had a catastrophic failure of my SSD C drive. I'm up and running and working fine. My main user account is "Thomas Lowe" but there is another user account listed on the C drive as "tom". Now when I install software the settings are often stored in the appdata...
  6. Disable cortana W10 Home

in Cortana
    Disable cortana W10 Home: I've followed instructions to change the windows search registry key but "Windows Search" key doesn't appear and if I try to add it, it says it exists already. Cortana is sucking the life out of this old machine so it needs to be disabled. How do I reveal the "Windows...
  7. User account got disabled

User account got disabled: When I am log in it say my administrator account got disabled. But I could open in safe mode. What should i do to solve my problem. Please someone will help me out....
  8. Admin and User account disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin and User account disabled: I have a gaming PC with Windows 10 enterprise... I know very little about Computers and have been running windows XP up until two months ago when my PC died on me... Installed some games and one of them wanted access via the Administrator. So, I logged in for the very...
  9. Tile disabled in an Users account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Tile disabled in an Users account: Hi I installed Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10130 and I updated it. I have created an Users account, and clicking on the Start, I noticed that most of the tiles (including that of the Store (beta)) are not enabled. Why? Thanks Bye 7431
  10. User account disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account disabled: On the login screen, I see my username and photo. I enter my pin, but then it tells me "This user cannot login because this account is disabled." If I enter my password instead, it tells me the password is wrong. I've tried rebooting into Safe Mode and checking the users (it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable user accounts in registry w10