Windows 10: How to disable a UWP application auto start up?

Discus and support How to disable a UWP application auto start up? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I installed some UWP application, then I often see many application such as QQ、IQIYI、Skype、Peoples and so on is running. But I want to use it only... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by lyq_answers, Aug 22, 2019.

1. How to disable a UWP application auto start up?

I installed some UWP application, then I often see many application such as QQ、IQIYI、Skype、Peoples and so on is running.

But I want to use it only when I start it.

How to disable them auto starting?

:)

lyq_answers, Aug 22, 2019

2. [UWP] all UWP application windows are not displayed anymore after a lot of start/kill of any UWP application

Hello,

This issue seems linked to the Windows Anniversary Update (build 10.0.14393,
    also reproduced on build 14905.rs_prerelease.160811-1739) and the new UWP lifecycle introduced with it, since this issue was not there before.

The test scenario is simple:

1. start any UWP application (in my example the windows calc.exe, the default Windows 10 calculator application)

2. wait 0.5 second

3. kill the same UWP application

4. repeat the 1-2-3 steps 5000 times

This scenario is basically reproducing an automated test environment.

The expected result is that the tested application will always be displayed correctly.

The actual result is that the tested application is not displayed anymore after a various number of loops (between 200 and 800). It looks like it is running in the background since the process can be seen in the task manager.

When the UWP application window can't be displayed, the scope of the issue is much more important: no UWP content can be displayed anymore (Edge browser or Windows settings, etc).

The way to recover from this is to log out from the user session and log in again.

Here is a python script to reproduce the issue:

Is it a known issue ? Any way to work around this (this is blocking our UWP automated testing environment)?

BR

Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc T., Aug 22, 2019
  3. ilikee71 Win User
    application auto start?

The application normally need to has a setting menu to enable or disable its auto-starting during boot. you could download some task management utility to kill it if you would not like it running.

ilikee71, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

How to disable a UWP application auto start up?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

How to disable a UWP application auto start up?

1. How to disable a UWP application auto start up? - Similar Threads - disable UWP application

2. How Can I Disable Auto-Update for Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Disable Auto-Update for Applications: We operate in Azure and use Remote Desktop to get there. The latest update gives a number of our users display issues. I'm able to find an older version of the application that works fine but I need to find a way to disable it from auto updating....
  3. How Can I Disable Auto-Update for Applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Disable Auto-Update for Applications: We operate in Azure and use Remote Desktop to get there. The latest update gives a number of our users display issues. I'm able to find an older version of the application that works fine but I need to find a way to disable it from auto updating....
  4. Auto start of applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto start of applications: On turning on my laptop after shutting down, laptop is automatically opening specific applications every time I restarting the laptop applications like Any deskNvidiaXboxMega SyncAre opening automatically on restarting, these are automatically opening even if these aren't...
  5. Auto start of applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto start of applications: On turning on my laptop after shutting down, laptop is automatically opening specific applications every time I restarting the laptop applications like Any deskNvidiaXboxMega SyncAre opening automatically on restarting, these are automatically opening even if these aren't...
  6. Auto start of applications

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to disable auto detect/install of UWP apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable auto detect/install of UWP apps?: Is this even possible? I installed drivers from Asus. This drivers are pure without control panels. The problem is Windows detect this drivers and automatically installs UWP apps from ms store like nvidia control panel or realtek audio console and others. I don't need all of...
  8. application still auto start even after disabled in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    application still auto start even after disabled in task manager: I followed a the tutorial provided in this forum by disabling application auto startup at the task manager, but the application that I disable still tend to auto start after a few minutes and interrupt my task i.e.: windscribe. so is there any way to fully disable an...
  9. Auto start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto start up: This is my 1st post so please be gentle *Confused. My computer knowledge is basic. I have networked / home grouped my laptop and home desktop. The laptop runs Windows 8.1 and the desktop now runs Windows10 upgraded from Windows 7. Since the upgrade, every time I start up my...
  10. Disabling start up applications

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling start up applications: My new Windows 10 Pro is now set up and running well. Just one thing I really need to take care of now are the seemingly excessive number of programs that load up, slowing boot time. Things like Acronis (for back ups), Samsung Magician, MSI fast boot software, Ccleaner, Adobe...