Windows 10: How to disable account password as a way to sign into my computer?

Discus and support How to disable account password as a way to sign into my computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi i just want to be able to use ONLY the pin and not have an option to use my account password.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by alfredobarron2, Dec 17, 2020.

1. How to disable account password as a way to sign into my computer?

Hi i just want to be able to use ONLY the pin and not have an option to use my account password.

:)

alfredobarron2, Dec 17, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Can I disable password on Windows 10 sign-in MS account?

Hi Scott,

As per the description, I understand that you want to disable password on Windows 10 sign –in Microsoft account.

I certainly understand your concern.

I would suggest you to refer to the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Search in the taskbar
      netplwiz.

• Now user accounts info window will pop up.

• Now, select the

user account
      for which you want to disable the password login. Now, uncheck the option which says
      user must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

• Now, press OK or hit enter.

• A new window will come out in which you have to
      confirm your passwords. Use password for your user account here and press
      ok button.

• Click
      Ok
      button and you are done. You will no longer required to enter password each time you start your computer.
    If you want to revert back password login feature, repeat the process explained above and check the field which says, user must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Now,
    enter the login credential to confirm the process.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Dec 17, 2020
  4. How to disable account password as a way to sign into my computer?

Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

How to disable account password as a way to sign into my computer?

1. How to disable account password as a way to sign into my computer? - Similar Threads - disable account password

2. How to sign into computer using Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign into computer using Microsoft account password: My hard disk was changed in windows laptop. When I signed in to Microsoft account it again showing me the pop up of sign in to this computer using your Microsoft account. Even if I give the same password it isn’t accepting nor can I select any other option as there is none....
  3. How to sign into computer using Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sign into computer using Microsoft account password: My hard disk was changed in windows laptop. When I signed in to Microsoft account it again showing me the pop up of sign in to this computer using your Microsoft account. Even if I give the same password it isn’t accepting nor can I select any other option as there is none....
  4. How to disable pin sign-in and replace it with password sign-in in laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable pin sign-in and replace it with password sign-in in laptop: Hello, I just finished setting up my laptop and it asked me for a pin to be used for sign-in, and since then, they are requiring me to use the pin instead of my password. Is there a way for me to disable the pin sign-in option and just use the password sign-in option? Thank...
  5. How do I disable signing in with a password?

How do I disable signing in with a password?: Everytime my laptop goes to sleep, it asks for my microsoft account to sign in, how do I disable this password thingy? I checked the sign in options settings but i couldnt disable anything, please guide me with this...
  6. How to use only Windows Hello PIN for sign in - Disable the use of account password to sign in

How to use only Windows Hello PIN for sign in - Disable the use of account password to sign in: Hello, Is there perhaps any way that I can disable the use of the user account password to sign in? I only want to be able to sign in with the Windows Hello PIN and Face, and not have the user account password as an option to sign in. Currently, on my lock screen there is...
  7. Change Password sign into computer NOT Micorosoft account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Password sign into computer NOT Micorosoft account password: I was asked to input my PIN into Microsoft earlier to solve a non-password related issue I was having, and I ended up having to reset the PIN in Settings. Now when I try to sign into my laptop it's asking for the PIN instead of a password. I want to set the login to the same...
  8. How to disable having to sign in the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable having to sign in the computer: As the subject line states; I've tried netplqiz and nothing comes up also the system won't allow me to change from the "administrator to standard" account!?! A working response would be much appreciated thank you. MrsC...
  9. computer won't accept my password to sign in or for Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer won't accept my password to sign in or for Microsoft account: After updating windows 10, I cannot log into my computer. Receive incorrect password msg for both signin and Microsoft account even though I can sign in on my phone and another computer using the same passwords....
  10. How to not sign into my computer with my Microsoft account?

How to not sign into my computer with my Microsoft account?: So I connected my Microsoft account with my Windows 10 machine, and now when I turn it on I have to input my password from my Microsoft account to log into my computer. How do I change this? I use different passwords for everything so this isn't optimal for me. Please help,...