Windows 10: How to disable "adaptive brightness" (aka arbitrarily dimming my screen constantly) when...

Discus and support How to disable "adaptive brightness" (aka arbitrarily dimming my screen constantly) when... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 I have tried everything I can think of and cannot figure out a way to do this. List of potential solutions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/minnieboss, Jan 20, 2021.

1. How to disable "adaptive brightness" (aka arbitrarily dimming my screen constantly) when...

How to disable "adaptive brightness" (aka arbitrarily dimming my screen constantly) when... O3JpRkXN3J02yHtqAF7zjxwn1_2TpOwZKhrbvZ_rjnA.jpg

Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041

I have tried everything I can think of and cannot figure out a way to do this. List of potential solutions I have seen suggested online that do not work:

• Unchecking "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes" in Display settings: This only turns off adaptive brightness for when laptop is plugged in. I have it unchecked.
    • Changing the display setting in advanced power settings: The version of Windows 10 I have only has ONE setting under display in advanced power settings, and it just controls how many minutes to wait before turning off the display.

This is what my advanced power settings look like:

https://preview.redd.it/kve1mbf4pjc...bp&s=d73f5cc41d3bee5b857ee40052878f81f3655e86

This is what the advanced power settings used to look like, with the setting I need highlighted:

https://preview.redd.it/m124fcd9pjc...bp&s=9d7d3f5f20e2a3bdddee8508881ca5adb18c8ee2

I am at a complete loss at this point. Every solution I can find online is years old and Windows has made all these solutions obsolete. Anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/minnieboss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/minnieboss, Jan 20, 2021

2. Lock Screen Dims (Brightness Auto Reduce at Lock Screen)

Earlier, When I was Locking the user (Win +? L) then the Lock Screen Dims and when I again logged in brightness returns to normal.

Problem : Now (After th recent update), the dimness of brightness in the lock screen remains even after sign in.

Note: Adaptive Brightness is DISABLED.

My Requirement: I dont want the screen brightness to reduce at the lock screen (i.e on pressing (Win+L))

RaviDasgupta, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Screen dims on dark screens on desktop, no option to turn of adaptive brightness

So i just built a new computer and everytime i open a dark screen (ie windows settings menus, starting up sea of thieves) the screen dims until the color lightens up or a tab over to a brighter window. Before anyone suggests change the adaptive brightness,
    I've tried, there is no option to do so and alot of the suggestions I've googled are not available in the current windows settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pugdad1990, Jan 20, 2021
  4. How to disable "adaptive brightness" (aka arbitrarily dimming my screen constantly) when...

Screen dimming even at 100% brightness

Hi recently bought a Lenovo laptop, a Lenovo V14-ARE laptop, and as soon as I turned it on I noticed, when I put it on 100% brightness it is bright and vivid but then it dims. After a while, the screen brightens again then proceeds to dim once again in a
    few seconds. When I plug it in to charge, the screen is bright and vivid but as soon as I unplug it, it dims. I already left clicked on the power icon in the task bar, went to power options and selected "choose when to turn off the display", clicked "change
    advanced power settings", scrolled down to "display" and opened its list, but the only option I have for the display's list is "turn off display after", in the Youtube videos I've seen they have an "adaptive brightness" setting or something like that and that
    fixes their problem but I don't have that option. My power plan is also in high performance and everything is "on battery" but the problem still happens.

Can this problem be fixed?

PestoiSauce, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

How to disable "adaptive brightness" (aka arbitrarily dimming my screen constantly) when...

1. How to disable "adaptive brightness" (aka arbitrarily dimming my screen constantly) when... - Similar Threads - disable adaptive brightness

2. Disable Adaptive Brightness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable Adaptive Brightness: Machine: Lenovo P52OS: Windows10 Pro, 64-bitCPU+GPU: i7 8850H + integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630GPU 2: Nvidia Quadro P2000I cannot disable adaptive brightness. This is an ongoing issue that has been reported several times. I have tried numerous solutions but nothing seems to...
  3. Disable Adaptive Brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Adaptive Brightness: Machine: Lenovo P52. OS: Windows10 Pro, 64-bit. CPU+GPU: i7 8850H + integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630.GPU 2: Nvidia Quadro P2000I cannot disable adaptive brightness. This is an ongoing issue that has been reported several times. I have tried numerous solutions but nothing...
  4. Disable Adaptive Brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Adaptive Brightness: Machine: Lenovo P52. OS: Windows10 Pro, 64-bit. CPU+GPU: i7 8850H + integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630.GPU 2: Nvidia Quadro P2000I cannot disable adaptive brightness. This is an ongoing issue that has been reported several times. I have tried numerous solutions but nothing...
  5. Disable Adaptive Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Adaptive Brightness: How do I disable adaptive brightness on my machine? I've googled this and none of the solutions seem to work, I amn not talking about night light settings, I am talking about the fact that my screen continuously dims and brightens based on the relative brightness of the page...
  6. Screen constantly dim

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen constantly dim: Just wondered if anyone could help me, i have an hp 14s-fq and have had it for probably around 9 months now, ive finally noticed that the screen is constantly dim and on the same setting no matter the number the display is on for example, havjng the display on brightness 4...
  7. Screen brightness too dim when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness too dim when unplugged: Hello, The maximum brightness when unplugged is way lower than when the laptop is plugged. I've been checking the screen- and batterysettings, but it doesn't bring solutions. Somehow, the screen goes to full brightness when unplugged when i am in my configuration-settings...
  8. Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.: Hi, Every time I'm in full screen mode for example YouTube, or even full screen F11 in browser my screen dims automatically with no option to turn down the brightness. When I exit full screen, it goes back to the brightness level I had before. Lenovo Yoga 11S. Windows 10...
  9. My screen brightness it at 100%, but still seems a bit dim. There is no adaptive brightness...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My screen brightness it at 100%, but still seems a bit dim. There is no adaptive brightness...: thanks submitted by /u/ThrowawayOak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ekt8s4/my_screen_brightness_it_at_100_but_still_seems_a/
  10. Screen keeps randomly dimming when scrolling; no option for Adaptive Brightness in...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen keeps randomly dimming when scrolling; no option for Adaptive Brightness in...: The screen of my Dell XPS 13 keeps randomly dimming when scrolling. There is no option for Adaptive Brightness in my power settings for Windows 10. How do I make it stop doing this? It's incredibly frustrating....