Windows 10: How to Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, There many articles on "How to Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10" Control Panel -> Power Options -> Change plan settings -> Change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wise Move, May 16, 2019 at 10:32 AM.

1. Wise Move Win User

How to Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10

Hi,

There many articles on "How to Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10"

Control Panel -> Power Options -> Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> Display -> Enable adaptive brightness.

But my Windows 10 doesn't have an option "Enable adaptive brightness".

Screenshot attached.

How to Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10 0813411c-198d-4c28-be1c-0abb429cdcbb?upload=true.png

:)

2. How to disable adaptive brightness by default

Hi Mohsin,

If you're having issue with disabling the adaptive brightness, we suggest checking this
    thread and follow the troubleshooting steps provided by Sagnik_Chakraborty
    to troubleshoot the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, May 16, 2019 at 10:34 AM
  3. How to disable adaptive brightness by default

I followed the steps listed in the linked thread, and still no change. I don't believe that the linked thread is dealing with the same issues that I am dealing with.

Furthermore, I do not understand why I would ever need to change registry settings, or restore default power settings. To be clear, this isn't a bug that is causing my brightness to be lower than it should, this is obviously an intended feature of
    Windows to enable adaptive brightness so that the screen adapts in differently lit environments.
    Either I'm wrong, and this isn't an intended feature (in which case, why is it there at all), or I'm right and this is an intended feature, and my point
    still stands: Why can't I disable adaptive brightness and leave it disabled permanently?

I'm quite disappointed that something as crucial as the brightness of one's screen is not implemented correctly. This should be fixed ASAP.

As for this thread and my concerns, I would still like to see if there is a solution that can be provided. Thank you.

Mohsin Ismail, May 16, 2019 at 10:34 AM
  4. How to Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10

Brightness windows 10 wont adj+Driver problems after update

Hi Jason,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the suggestions below and see if it helps:

Method 1: Disable Adaptive Brightness.

Please click on the link below and refer the article to disable adaptive brightness.

How To Disable Auto Brightness In Windows 8.1

(also applicable on Windows 10)

Method 2: Built in Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Printer. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 16, 2019 at 10:34 AM
Thema:

How to Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10

1. How to Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable Adaptive Brightness

2. Adaptive Brightness Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive Brightness Issue: After the October update (1809), my laptop is not showing the setting on "Display" for enabling or disabling the adaptive brightness. This problem is very irritating where i have to keep changing my brightness level from time to time. The brightness level automatically...
  3. windows 1809 disabled brightness controls for taskbar

windows 1809 disabled brightness controls for taskbar: so I just updated my laptop to 1809 only 4 days ago and notice that my brightness control from the battery icon on the bottom right of my desktop (right side of taskbar) is now missing when I press the battery module. I thought it was the drivers but I just uninstalled and...
  4. Cannot disable adaptive brightness settings after updated to the latest update of windows 10.

Cannot disable adaptive brightness settings after updated to the latest update of windows 10.: last night i have download the windows 10 update assistant from official MICROSOFT website for update my windows 10 to the latest version, but after updated, my brightness will automatically change when you go to somewhere dark, the brightness will automatically darker,...
  5. Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness not working or turning off

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness not working or turning off: [ATTACH] If Adaptive Brightness is not working or turning off on your Windows 10, I am sure that something in this post will help you fix the issue. Adaptive Brightness helps you get the brightness automatically based on the light around [...] This post Windows 10 Adaptive...
  6. Battery disabling WiFi adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Battery disabling WiFi adapter?: i believe that my battery is responsible for my laptops inability to access the internet. I am running windows ten. Woke up yesterday to find my laptop either cannot see any available wifi networks, or when connected to my wifi, is secured but lacks internet. it alternates...
  7. How to turn off adaptive brightness?

How to turn off adaptive brightness?: Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20Ghz that I just got a week ago. The brightness keeps dimming with darker images being displayed and brightening with lighter images. I've googled solutions to this problem and none of them have worked....
  8. Tip on "can't disable adaptive brightness in Win 10 on Sony VAIO"

Tip on "can't disable adaptive brightness in Win 10 on Sony VAIO": I have been searching for an answer to this for some time. None of the registry or power or display setting changes made a difference. I went back into my Sony VAIO manual and it said the light sensor controlled the backlit keyboard and it said that could be changed by going...
  9. How to disable network adapter use for a single user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to disable network adapter use for a single user: Hi all!!! I had a system with 4 users (2 admins, 2 users) and 2 network adapters (1 wired adapter and 1 wifi adapter). What I want to do is to disable 1 network adapter for each 2 users. A better explanation: - Users 1 and 2 should only have access to the wired...
  10. Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows: Disable-NetAdapter -Name "network adapter name" -Confirm:$true 106397

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 version 1809 disable adaptive