Windows 10: How to disable Adobe AcroTray.exe from Starting at Startup

Discus and support How to disable Adobe AcroTray.exe from Starting at Startup in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]ActoTray.exe is a service from Adobe Acrobat used for various purposes, including monitoring genuine use of the Adobe Software. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 5, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to disable Adobe AcroTray.exe from Starting at Startup

How to disable Adobe AcroTray.exe from Starting at Startup How-to-Disable-Adobe-AcroTray.exe-from-Starting-at-Startup.jpg
    ActoTray.exe is a service from Adobe Acrobat used for various purposes, including monitoring genuine use of the Adobe Software. However, because the service keeps running in the background, it slows down the Windows Startup and makes PC slow as it takes up CPU resources. This post will look at various methods to disable Adobe AcroTray.exe […]

This article How to disable Adobe AcroTray.exe from Starting at Startup first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 5, 2021
  2. Devid Win User

Disable Adobe AcroTray.exe from starting at boot

1. Go to Services.msc (hit Win and write in search
      services.msc) and run it as Administrator. Here set Adobe Acrobat Update and Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Services to manuall.
    2. From Windows Task Manager → Start-up Tab disable the Adobe related programs.
    3. Download Autoruns utility and disable here also various Adobe related programs like Adobe Updater Startup Utility and Acrobat Assistant (AcroTray) and maybe Adobe Acrobat Synchronizer. But be careful, if you are not sure about something,
      then leave it be.
    4. Download ShellExView, go to Options and select Show 32-bit
      Shell Ex extensions. Now disable the Adobe Acrobat Create PDF from Selection, Adobe Acrobat Create PDF Helper and Adobe Acrobat Create PDF Toolbar. Now in Options deselect Show 32-bit Shell Extensions and disable again the above items plus Acrobat Elements Context Menu.
    5. Now Kill the AcroTray.exe from Task Manager. Sign out and Sign in into Windows. Open Task Manager and observe the Task Manager for AcroTray.exe entry. Right Click on some .pdf file (image or office file) on your desktop and you will see that AcroTray is not starting to run anymore in your Task Manager. If this is the case you made it!
    6. Run Task Scheduler, check for Adobe Tasks (if any) and disable them.

Explanation: The first, second and third step disable Adobe related programs from running at Windows OS startup. But AcroTray.exe is invoked by right clicking on files and folders (windows context menu). It is responsible for the Adobe related entries in the context menu. The biggest problem of all is that right clicking is much slower, because AcroTray.exe must be first started.

Now AcroTray.exe won't be starting anymore when right clicking on Files/Folders. But other programs might start AcroTray.exe if there is a dependency. For example if you open Outlook 2013 and navigate to the Tab Adobe PDF and select a item from here it will start AcroTray.exe.

The fourth step: stop invoking AcroTray.exe when right clicking on files

How to disable Adobe AcroTray.exe from Starting at Startup 0FQkX.png

Devid, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Disable Adobe AcroTray.exe from starting at boot

The problem I am having is that whatever I do or disable I cannot stop AcroTray.exe from Adobe starting at boot and doing... whatever it is that it is doing, until it is stopped manually via task manager:

How to disable Adobe AcroTray.exe from Starting at Startup RlLaM.png

Naturally I disabled it on "Start-up":

How to disable Adobe AcroTray.exe from Starting at Startup 2Btgr.png

And even set to "stopped" all services that are related with Adobe:

• AdobeARMService
    • AGSService

Adobe DC, Acrobat Reader X & Creative Cloud are all set to manual or no updates (inside the applications).

I have tried:

• Deleting the exe - just gets put back silently, like a virus
    • Quarantining the app via virus protection software - This sort of works, but I get a popup at each start up warning that AcroTray.exe has tried to start which is just as frustrating
    • "Locking" the folder via 3rd party app - stops it, but pops up a warning every boot again

I understand that this app does something but I want explicit control of when it does that and I absolutely hate that it ignores being disabled. All the other Adobe helper apps launch when one of the suite of programs is started and that is totally fine, that's what they are supposed to do, but AcroTray seemingly can't be prevented from running at boot and sitting there in the running processes, glowering at me.

Is there anyway to stop AcroTray.exe starting at boot other than uninstalling Adobe DC &/or Acrobat Reader X (that doesn't also replace it starting with some kind of warning or pop up)?

tymothytym, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

1. How to disable Adobe AcroTray.exe from Starting at Startup - Similar Threads - disable Adobe AcroTray

2. How to disable the .exe file updating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the .exe file updating?: I have .exe file on my Windows 10. This program updates sometimes, but it works without updates and I do not want to use it with updates. Can you help me to disable .exe file updating?...
  3. How to disable the .exe file updating?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable the .exe file updating?: I have .exe file on my Windows 10. This program updates sometimes, but it works without updates and I do not want to use it with updates. Can you help me to disable .exe file updating?...
  4. How to disable the .exe file updating?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to disable windows services exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows services exe: so when i start up my pc its boot really long like under 5 min and when i enter the password i see command title windows update services so how i disable it cause i see on startup taskmanager the apps its not there and setting too...
  6. How to disable windows services exe

How to disable windows services exe: so when i start up my pc its boot really long like under 5 min and when i enter the password i see command title windows update services so how i disable it cause i see on startup taskmanager the apps its not there and setting too...
  7. How to disable windows services exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to delete or disable agent exe???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete or disable agent exe???: I found out in the last 2 days this program called agent.exe how downloaded 200+gb? can anyone tell me what this is and why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-or-disable-agent-exe/296a344c-ace4-4c6b-ab87-1b3318fb6750
  9. how to erase Adobe from msconfig and startup programs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to erase Adobe from msconfig and startup programs?: ***moved on english forum*** I would also like to know how to find out more explicitly what a startup program is where it is linked to? Is there a way to remove a startup program not simply deactivate it once it's been added to the list? In MS Config there are many...
  10. Adobe Bridge popping up at startup despite being disabled

Adobe Bridge popping up at startup despite being disabled: Thanks, Steve C. There was no need to use Autoruns, which I have had installed for years, since a solution lay within Bridge's own Preferences. Just why Bridge recently decided to pop up when Win 10 started remains a mystery.