Windows 10: How to disable advertisements on Windows lock screen.

Discus and support How to disable advertisements on Windows lock screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I love the screen saver photographs but not the uninspiring/uninspired questions/statements that were later added that now ruin my personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sum99, Nov 15, 2018.

1. sum99 Win User

How to disable advertisements on Windows lock screen.

Hi

I love the screen saver photographs but not the uninspiring/uninspired questions/statements that were later added that now ruin my personal unadulterated experience of just the pure image itself.

Is there any way to remove these links to the words and instead have a tiny link that when clicked gives us the name of the place, date, photographer's name and even camera and setting?

Thanks

Sarah

***Title modified from: Screen Saver Photos***

:)

sum99, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10  

Hello superduper, and welcome to Ten Forums. How to disable advertisements on Windows lock screen. :)

Yep, step 9 in your post is correct. This won't disable the lock screen at startup though.

If you have Windows Spotlight selected for your lock screen, you could switch to a picture instead to stop that bit of advertising.

In addition, you might like this below as well.

Disable Advertising in Windows 10 - Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Brink, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Window Lock Screen advertising

Hi,

To disable unwanted advertisements, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and then click on Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, click on Lock screen.
    • Toggle the switch for Get fun facts, tips, tricks, and more on your lock screen to turn it
      Off or On.

How to disable advertisements on Windows lock screen. 4d20cb34-9205-4c58-8e95-8f2bc5b77cfd.png

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Nov 15, 2018
  4. How to disable advertisements on Windows lock screen.

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

How to disable advertisements on Windows lock screen.

1. How to disable advertisements on Windows lock screen. - Similar Threads - disable advertisements lock

2. how to disable screen lock on pc ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable screen lock on pc ?: how to disable screen lock on pc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-screen-lock-on-pc/83b9a68b-8a8e-4d39-a69c-c6b885dece9e
  3. how to disable screen lock on pc ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable screen lock on pc ?: how to disable screen lock on pc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-screen-lock-on-pc/83b9a68b-8a8e-4d39-a69c-c6b885dece9e
  4. Remove Microsoft and all Advertising and Suggestions on Lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Microsoft and all Advertising and Suggestions on Lock screen: Microsoft's advertising on the Lock Screen is preposterous, I don't want that there ! I know how to stop the ads but that stops the 'surprise' picture too. But the picture with its documentation is welcome ! Please Microsoft stop bullying that in my home !...
  5. Remove Advertising and Suggestions on Lock screen

Remove Advertising and Suggestions on Lock screen: The lock screen offers suggest/links for additional information about the picture shown on the lock screen. How do I turn these off? Also recently Windows now displays ADVERTISING about it Microsoft points, this is unwanted, how do I turn this off. it is annoying,...
  6. how to disable pin on lock screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to disable pin on lock screen?: Hello, Is it possible to remove the passcode upon laptop, windows 10, start up? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-pin-on-lock-screen/e02b2fa0-ffc5-4b6a-87d2-7f1e88c9b4ef
  7. Remove advertising from lock screen

Remove advertising from lock screen: I get ads on my lock screen for something called microsoft rewards. Like the following: Like what you see? Who doesn't love free stuff? Earn points towards free games Millions have already joined, you in? What is this, an advertisement for male enhancement pills?...
  8. Disable the Lock Screen?

Disable the Lock Screen?: Is there any way to disable the Lock Screen instead so it won't show on startup? Thanks 6552
  9. How to disable OneDrive advertisement in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable OneDrive advertisement in Explorer: I use OneDrive, so I don't want to disable it, but there's a banner ad in Explorer that says, "Get the best deal on your cloud storage with OneDrive". I realize Windows 10 was free, so I should have expected this, but can I disable this Explorer ad? Don't mind the color...
  10. Disable Advertising in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Advertising in Windows 10: How to: Disable Advertising in Windows 10 [img] Information You may have noticed that Windows 10 includes a lot of built-in advertising by default. Most of these ads come in the form of suggestions or tips. Luckily, you can turn off most ads in Windows 10. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lockscreen slideshow disable zoom