Windows 10: How to disable and enable startup programs

Discus and support How to disable and enable startup programs in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hello everyone, today we will talk about Startup Programs and: How to disable them. How to get anything you want – a program, a folder, or even a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

How to disable and enable startup programs

Hello everyone, today we will talk about Startup Programs and: How to disable them. How to get anything you want – a program, a folder, or even a picture – to launch at the moment you launch Windows. This feature is frequently used by people who want to speed up their computer. If you, too, […]

The post How to disable and enable startup programs appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Jan 10, 2022

2. Unable to enable a startup app

I can't enable windows store app to start with windows.

The step I folowed are

• Open task manager
    • go to startup tab
    • select the app
    • enable
    and when I reopen it's set at disable

The step recorder file

https://we.tl/t-wGtoYHVHfE

Nilon123456789, Jan 10, 2022
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 10, 2022
  4. How to disable and enable startup programs

triggers & modified programs on startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue, we will assist you with this.

I Suggest you to try the following steps, if you wants to disable any startup programs.

1. Hit the CTRL + ALT + DEL keys together and then click on Task Manager then click on Startup Tab.
    2. Click the Startup tab to see the items set to run when you boot your system. The new
    Task Manager includes a lot more details than the previous one did. It tells you if a program is enabled or disabled during startup, and its startup impact. The impact of a program ranges from
    High, Minimum, Low, and None.

3. Right click on any program to Disable.
    4. The program will still appear on the list, but the Status will
    change to Disabled.

5. If you decided to enable it again, then open then at anytime, you can
    right click on the program you disabled and select Enable to have it run during start up

If the issue persists then try the below methods and check if it helps.

I would suggest perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

If the issue persist, I suggest you to refer the below link replied by Ravinath P follow the suggestion and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-9b74-411f-a1ba-c4d6df0544ac?tm=1444062963267

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 10, 2022
Thema:

How to disable and enable startup programs

1. How to disable and enable startup programs - Similar Threads - disable enable startup

2. How to enable a disk that was disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable a disk that was disabled: Some time ago I installed a SDD in my Lenovo desktop Win10 and disabled the hard drive, and now want to use that drive to store a backup clone of my system. I don't recall the steps used to perform the disable, but I believe I utilized either disk or device management...
  3. How to enable a disk that was disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable a disk that was disabled: Some time ago I installed a SDD in my Lenovo desktop Win10 and disabled the hard drive, and now want to use that drive to store a backup clone of my system. I don't recall the steps used to perform the disable, but I believe I utilized either disk or device management...
  4. How to enable a disk that was disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Program program in startup programs. What is it and how can I disable it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program program in startup programs. What is it and how can I disable it?: So, I bought an Acer PC in 2017. Now it is 2020 and I upgraded my PC and also redownloaded Windows 10. A few months later, it is now October of 2020. I have started to observe some Command Prompts quickly appearing and disappearing upon rebooting the machine and logging in....
  6. Windows keeps disabling startup programs..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps disabling startup programs..: Hey, so I have this problem where Windows decides to disable startup programs all by itself. I usually have a few programs that open on startup. The programs in question are Steam, Discord and OneDrive. For some reason every now and then I will boot my PC and those three...
  7. How to enable or disable Enhanced PINs for BitLocker Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Enhanced PINs for BitLocker Startup in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Enhanced startup PINs for BitLocker permits the use of characters including uppercase and lowercase letters, symbols, numbers, and spaces. This policy setting is applied when you turn on BitLocker for the OS drive. In this post, we will show you [...] This...
  8. Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?: Hi all - Do you think that Fast Startup should be enabled in W10? Yes or no? Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials Please explain your reasoning. Thanks! *Smile 111734
  9. How to disable startup-programs performance notifications?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to disable startup-programs performance notifications?: I keep getting notifications that startup programs are making Windows load slowly. However, my setting to disable this is grayed-out. See my attachment. Any ideas on how to get it where it can be toggled? 14202
  10. Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Delay of Running Startup Apps in Windows 10 signs in to Windows. Startup items can be added by either the programs or drivers installed, or manually by you. By default, Windows will run...