Windows 10: How to disable and enable touch screen? Not permanently. HID method not working.

Discus and support How to disable and enable touch screen? Not permanently. HID method not working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried disabling the touch screen through the Device Manager > Human Interface Devices . HID - Compliant touch screen. There is only one option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vickydl, Mar 14, 2022.

1. vickydl Win User

How to disable and enable touch screen? Not permanently. HID method not working.

I have tried disabling the touch screen through the Device Manager > Human Interface Devices . HID - Compliant touch screen. There is only one option and no other ones are available to disable. I have restarted my computer after doing it.I have tried this on TWO different Surface computers Surface book 2 and Surface Pro 7. It doesn't work. I don't want to permanently disable it. Why is there not a simple toggle for this?????

:)

vickydl, Mar 14, 2022
  2. EMcRae Win User

How do I permanently remove a driver (HID-compliant touch screen)

I have an Asus ultrabook with a broken touchscreen, it is cracked and randomly touches near the top of the screen every second or so. I had disabled the driver in Windows 8.1 and had no issue. Now that I have windows 10 every-time I reboot it re-enables or re-installs the driver. I have tried both disabling and uninstalling. There is no check-box option to delete the driver permanently as there is for other drivers. The driver is called HID-compliant touch screen. Please help.

EMcRae, Mar 14, 2022
  3. willll Win User
    multiple touch screens permanent configuration

I am trying to configure multiple touch screens in Windows 10,
    and it is working as long as I don't shutdown the screens.
    If I shutdown the screens, at power up the touch inputs are either not working or working on just one screen (mostly the wrong screen).

To recover I need to unplug and plug back the touchscreens and re-calibrate.

I have configured the power management of each HID :

• "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked,
    • "Allow this device to wake the computer" is checked,

And "USB Selective Suspend" is disabled.

My investigation shows that Windows 10 does not detect all the HID when I power up the touch screens, hence only one is working.

My question is : Is there a way to permanently enable a HID in Windows 10 ? And have its configuration permanent as well ?

Related to : Windows Multiple Touch Screens - Touch on Wrong Monitor

willll, Mar 14, 2022
  4. PapaOleg Win User

How to disable and enable touch screen? Not permanently. HID method not working.

Hid compliant Touch screen driver is not working

I have Lenovo Flex 5 notebook. Touch screen stoped working completely. I Use win 10. I updated the system. Hid compliant touch screen driver is also up to date. Not updates cancbe found. I disabled and enable this driver - touch screen not working. I
    uninstalled and installed it again - not resolved. In events list for this driver - saw message " driver is not migrated" .

How to resolve this problem?

Thank you.

PapaOleg, Mar 14, 2022
Thema:

1. How to disable and enable touch screen? Not permanently. HID method not working. - Similar Threads - disable enable touch

2. how to download HID complaint touch screen ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to download HID complaint touch screen ?: My laptop missing HID compliant devicemissing HID- compliant touch screenHID-compliant vendor-defined deviceUSB Input DevicePlease help how to install touchscreen...
  3. How to disable and enable touch screen? Not permanently. HID method not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable and enable touch screen? Not permanently. HID method not working.: I have tried disabling the touch screen through the Device Manager > Human Interface Devices . HID - Compliant touch screen. There is only one option and no other ones are available to disable. I have restarted my computer after doing it.I have tried this on TWO different...
  4. HID-compliant Touch screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HID-compliant Touch screen: I did a feature update for windows 10, version 20H2 and now the touchscreen stopped working. I really need some help to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hid-compliant-touch-screen/47404684-7310-4bc8-bc50-d214b4857401
  5. HID - Compliant touch screen has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HID - Compliant touch screen has been disabled.: or some reason my touch screen is not working. I've been searching all over the internet and apparently my HID - Compliant touch screen has been disabled. I've tried researching how to reconnect it, but I there were no results! I also tried restarting my computer, uninstall...
  6. Hid compliant Touch screen driver is not working

Hid compliant Touch screen driver is not working: I have Lenovo Flex 5 notebook. Touch screen stoped working completely. I Use win 10. I updated the system. Hid compliant touch screen driver is also up to date. Not updates cancbe found. I disabled and enable this driver - touch screen not working. I uninstalled and...
  7. HID-Compliant Touch Screen

HID-Compliant Touch Screen: My Laptop Is DELL XPS L702X With touch screen .. so i could turn of the touch screen *Windows 8.1* .. since week i had installed windows 10 and i want to turn off touch screen but i can't .. HID-Compliant Device Isn't appear in device manager so i can't turn it off...
  8. hid compliant touch screen

hid compliant touch screen: HID compliant touch screen not shown in device manager - scan for hardward/add legacy device/update and restart do not restore at all---any one has a solution ?...
  9. Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10 A touchscreen, or touch screen, is an input device that enables you to interact directly with what is displayed, rather than using a mouse, touchpad, or other such...
  10. How do I permanently remove a driver (HID-compliant touch screen)

How do I permanently remove a driver (HID-compliant touch screen): I have an Asus ultrabook with a broken touchscreen, it is cracked and randomly touches near the top of the screen every second or so. I had disabled the driver in Windows 8.1 and had no issue. Now that I have windows 10 every-time I reboot it re-enables or re-installs the...