Windows 10: How to disable and remove a PIN via Powershell

Discus and support How to disable and remove a PIN via Powershell in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi All Not a question but an Answer, took me a while to figure out how I could remove and disable a Windows Hello for Business PIN via powershell.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rocko___, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Rocko___ Win User

How to disable and remove a PIN via Powershell

Hi All

Not a question but an Answer, took me a while to figure out how I could remove and disable a Windows Hello for Business PIN via powershell.

It's pretty simple actually, You can disable the PIN with the below two commands.

Set-ItemProperty HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System -Name "AllowDomainPINLogon" -Value 0
    Set-ItemProperty HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowSignInOptions -Name "value" -Value 0

This sets the Registry values to disabled for the local machine.

I then used the below command I found on a forum to take owner and remove the content inside the folder C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

If you're skeptical of the script I know I was, take a backup of the folder above and remove the contents manually.

Start-Process cmd -ArgumentList '/s,/c,takeown /f C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC /r /d y & icacls C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC /grant administrators:F /t & RD /S /Q C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Ngc & MD C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Ngc & icacls C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Ngc /T /Q /C /RESET' -Verb runAs

:)

Rocko___, Nov 12, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Disable Sign In PIN

Hello,

You can also disable PIN using registry. Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 0.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 12, 2020
  4. How to disable and remove a PIN via Powershell

USB removable storage disable by powershell script

Hello All,

I want to disable the usb removable storage of the network computers (domain and non-domain) from my computer. But i need powershell script which will disable the usb removable storage of mentioned computer list but through the local group policy not thorough
    regedit of that computer also not through the GPO which is in server OS.

Please help me. Thank You.

JagdishPatil_4994, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

How to disable and remove a PIN via Powershell

1. How to disable and remove a PIN via Powershell - Similar Threads - disable remove PIN

2. An option to fast disable Windows Defender via Powershell in 20H2?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An option to fast disable Windows Defender via Powershell in 20H2?: Hello! I really need some help with disabling Windows Defender automatically using powershell or any legitimate 3rd party tool which has an option to be run from a command line. I have to configure Windows PC and VM's. It is Windows 10 Pro not server and they are not...
  3. USB removable storage disable by powershell script

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB removable storage disable by powershell script: Hello All, I want to disable the usb removable storage of the network computers domain and non-domain from my computer. But i need powershell script which will disable the usb removable storage of mentioned computer list but through the local group policy not thorough...
  4. How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup: I tried this tutorial, doesn't work for me Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 Because there is no "remove" button (see picture) A regedit file to get rid of this nuisance would be great but anything else that would work will do Please help! 158714
  5. How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup: I tried this tutorial, doesn't work for me Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 Because there is no "remove" button (see picture) A regedit file to get rid of this nuisance would be great but anything else that would work will do Please help! 158714
  6. cleanmgr.exe via Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    cleanmgr.exe via Powershell: Hello, I would like to hear some tips on how to fix the PowerShell script. Generally, it works fine but I want to add something like a timer that I can run a script and it will stop in 15 min anyway! (that the time, when 'clearmgr' usually will complete the task) Why I need...
  7. Powershell on startup, how to remove it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Powershell on startup, how to remove it?: How can I remove powershell from starting with windows 10? There's nothing at startup to remove it and checked with ccleaner. I also put like some scripts to remove windows defender is it why? How can I remove it so it doesn't open ever again? submitted by /u/krisstijannn...
  8. How to disable pin ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable pin ?: I would like to disable pin when I turn on my computer, I only want windows to ask me for pin when I lock the screen. Found the solution here https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/sign-in-user-account-automatically-at-windows-10-startup.6799/ submitted by /u/peyoteftw...
  9. How to disable the pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable the pin: How do you disable the login on the pin at startup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-pin/09eec760-5a7b-4d65-80e5-f7139b87a129"
  10. how to disable powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    how to disable powershell: I unticked it in windows features, but if I type "powershell" in search box, I get two versions of it, and they both execute. So how do I disable this thing? While we are at it, how can I disable other exploitable processes that the standard Windows user doesn't need?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable windows hello powershell

2. disable pin code windows 10 powershell