Windows 10: How to disable and remove OneDrive from Windows 10 v1903

Discus and support How to disable and remove OneDrive from Windows 10 v1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I've just installed the latest 1903 Windows 10 update and am curious about how to disable and remove OneDrive, which somehow penetrated my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jimmy Bionic, Aug 29, 2019.

1. How to disable and remove OneDrive from Windows 10 v1903

Hi all,

I've just installed the latest 1903 Windows 10 update and am curious about how to disable and remove OneDrive, which somehow penetrated my Explorer (when I click on, it it says it is inaccessible, but it still makes me nervous).

I have the following PowerSheel script, which was borrowed by me from someone else. I'd like anyone with expert knowledge to have a look at it and let me know if I can use it safely in order to remove the OneDrive. I suppose I am expected to run the script line by line in Windows PowerShell ISE or Windows PowerShell:

Stop-Process -Name OneDrive -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

Start-Process -FilePath "$env:SystemRoot\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe" -ArgumentList "/uninstall" -Wait

Stop-Process -Name explorer

IF (-not (Test-Path -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive))

{

New-Item -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive -Force

}

New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive -Name DisableFileSyncNGSC -Value 1 -Force

New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive -Name DisableFileSync -Value 1 -Force

New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive -Name DisableMeteredNetworkFileSync -Value 0 -Force

New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive -Name DisableLibrariesDefaultSaveToOneDrive -Value 1 -Force

New-ItemProperty -Path HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive -Name DisablePersonalSync -Value 1 -Force

Remove-ItemProperty -Path HKCU:\Environment -Name OneDrive -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

Remove-Item -Path $env:USERPROFILE\OneDrive -Recurse -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

Remove-Item -Path $env:LOCALAPPDATA\Microsoft\OneDrive -Recurse -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

Remove-Item -Path "$envHow to disable and remove OneDrive from Windows 10 v1903 :programData\Microsoft OneDrive" -Recurse -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

Unregister-ScheduledTask -TaskName *OneDrive* -Confirm:$false

:)

Jimmy Bionic, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Easo Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

4. Freezer Win User

How to disable and remove OneDrive from Windows 10 v1903

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

How to disable and remove OneDrive from Windows 10 v1903

1. How to disable and remove OneDrive from Windows 10 v1903 - Similar Threads - disable remove OneDrive

2. How to remove desktop from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove desktop from Onedrive: My pc has moved my desktop into my Onedrive and now it keeps backing up all the thousands of photos i had on the desktop. How do I move my desktop out of Onedrive and back to where it was last week?I have tried the steps on this thread but when i get to the Desktop Properties...
  3. How to remove desktop from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove desktop from Onedrive: My pc has moved my desktop into my Onedrive and now it keeps backing up all the thousands of photos i had on the desktop. How do I move my desktop out of Onedrive and back to where it was last week?I have tried the steps on this thread but when i get to the Desktop Properties...
  4. How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.: 22H2 has placed a onedrive icon on the taskbar when onedrive is running. I already have the icon in the notification area. It doesn't required duplication.It appears bottom left in the area where pinned items would appear. However it's not listed...
  5. Disable ALL OneDrive notifications, remove from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable ALL OneDrive notifications, remove from taskbar: Hi all, I need some help. I want to disable ALL OneDrive notifications and remove it from my taskbar. I DO NOT want any of OneDrive notifications. I do want to keep it doing what it's supposed to, I just don't want any notifications or have it in my taskbar. After...
  6. How to Remove .coot from OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Remove .coot from OneDrive: I find .coot file in my one drive how can I remove permanently those files or recover those files. [Original Title: One drive] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-coot-from-onedrive/6521f1fc-90e3-45bc-89c3-6c2791bd2a63
  7. Can't disable/remove PIN for logging into Windows 10 v1903

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't disable/remove PIN for logging into Windows 10 v1903: Hi, It's been quite sometime and I've tried many ways to disable the PIN but I can't. 1. I removed the logging in password, and now my PC log in screen shows two log in methods, [password and PIN] clicking on password automatically logs me into the windows while...
  8. Windows 10 v1903 features removed or planned for replacement

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 v1903 features removed or planned for replacement: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]As Windows move from one feature update to another, it adds new features, and remove some features. These features are usually removed when there is a better alternative or existing functionality won’t work with future hardware. The same has happened [...]...
  9. Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud: How to: Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud How to Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications in Windows 10 when Removing Files from Cloud Microsoft account. OneDrive is integrated into Windows 10 where you can view, browse, upload, and...
  10. Remove OneDrive from windows 10 image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove OneDrive from windows 10 image: How to remove OneDrive completely from Windows 10 image. 1 - Mount the image: Dism /Mount-wim /WimFile:<install.wim location> /index:1 /MountDir:<mountdir> 2 - Erase OneDriveSetup.exe del <mountdir>\windows\system32\onedrivesetup.exe or del...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove onedrive for windows 10 1903

2. how to disable one drive in windows 10 pro 1903

3. remove onedrive consumer version from win 10 version 1903

4. win 10 version 1903 onedrive disable,
  5. disablelibrariesdefaultsavetoonedrive,
  6. win 10 remove one drive 1903,
  7. windows 10 1903 turn off onedrive