Windows 10: How to disable anti-virus is turned off notification in win10 ver 1909

Discus and support How to disable anti-virus is turned off notification in win10 ver 1909 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have windows 10 home and its updated to version 1909, and everytime I reboot my pc I see a notification I have previously shut off about my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scyris, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Scyris Win User

How to disable anti-virus is turned off notification in win10 ver 1909

I have windows 10 home and its updated to version 1909, and everytime I reboot my pc I see a notification I have previously shut off about my anti-virus being in sleep mode/turned off, how can I disable this notification? I am asking here because i've tried various other solutions and none of them seem to work so far for 1909.
    Thanks for any and all help.

:)

Scyris, Dec 6, 2020

2. Anti Virus Problems

You should not be using more than one anti-vrus program on your computer. Read the
    IMPORTANT NOTE about not using more than one anti-virus program in this

topic

The inability to turn on Windows Defender 8/10 is typically the result of having a third-party anti-virus installed or failure to remove it properly (completely). Since Windows 8/10 Defender includes anti-virus protection, it is
    disabled during the installation of another anti-virus program. If a trial anti-virus (i.e. McAfee, Norton, etc) came
    preinstalled on your computer or you installed one, Windows Defender will be turned off (disabled). Windows Defender recognizes the install and automatically disables itself when other anti-virus products are used
    to avoid conflicts. Windows Defender will remain disabled until that anti-virus software has been completely uninstalled. In some cases, you may need to download and run the anti-virus vendor's clean up tool to remove any remaining
    remnants.

After removal of the third party anti-virus, Windows 8/10 Defender needs to be
    activated
    if you choose to use it. When uninstalling the third-party anti-virus Defender should automatically turn itself on but sometimes you may receive a message indicating
    your system has no protection...click here to turn on Windows Defender. If not, and Defender remains disabled, you will need to manually turn it on.

quietman7 - MVP, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Win10 Defender anti-virus disabled

I have a fully updated Windows 10 laptop that had no less than 4 anti-virus programs on it and numerous other "junk". Even after a complete cleanup via programs uninstall, my Defender anti-virus will not turn on even though all the other Defender functions
    have a green checkmark indicating that they are working. The message is that Defender is controlled through my organization.

This is a stand-alone laptop that is NOT on a domain. There is no "organization" to which it answers, just me. Any suggestions?

LaPharyllBaffield, Dec 6, 2020
  4. entryman Win User

Can I disable only the "Update virus protection" notifications?

I have a Windows 10 VM and if it's not connected for more than a day there is a notification to update virus protection. It's getting a little annoying. The solutions I have found by searching suggest disabling virus notifications entirely but I don't want to do that. All I want to do is disable these notifications that say Windows anti-virus is out of date. Is that possible?

Is anyone else running a Windows 10 in a VM and how do you deal with this?

Thanks

entryman, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

1. How to disable anti-virus is turned off notification in win10 ver 1909 - Similar Threads - disable anti virus

2. Unable to Turn off the Anti-Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to Turn off the Anti-Virus: its so bad i cant turn off the anti virus it always going into snooze[Original Title: why is windows 11 super bad it makes me wanna die please take me back to windows 10]...
  3. Win10 ver 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 ver 1909: Win ver 1909 is gone may2011 have never received a version update since. I see there is a new ver in October have not received any notice. Issue is I see there was a version between these 2. Can I just go to the latest version or need install the one between these two?...
  4. How to disable anti-virus is turned off notification in win10 ver 1909

How to disable anti-virus is turned off notification in win10 ver 1909: I have windows 10 home and its updated to version 1909, and everytime I reboot my pc I see a notification I have previously shut off about my anti-virus being in sleep mode/turned off, how can I disable this notification? I am asking here because i've tried various other...
  5. turn off windows security, anti virus and firewall

turn off windows security, anti virus and firewall: cannot import app, laplink, whilst defender and firewall is active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-security-anti-virus-and-firewall/c887e70b-a733-4a30-a0f2-b91a6eb05e2e
  6. Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily

Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily: I've been having a problem with the 4k YouTube to MP3 program, and this is one of support's suggestions: Turn off firewall, antivirus or any other program that may interfere with 4K YouTube to MP3's working at least for the time of downloading. If it has solved the issue...
  7. How to Turn on Anti-Virus

How to Turn on Anti-Virus: I turned off windows anti-virus temporarily. And after that, it says my antivirus is managed by my organization. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? [Original Title: Anti-virus]...
  8. How to Turn off Anti-Virus

How to Turn off Anti-Virus: I turned off windows anti-virus temporarily. And after that, it says my antivirus is managed by my organization. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? [Original Title: Anti-virus]...
  9. Anti-virus disables W10 firewall

Anti-virus disables W10 firewall: Dear all This is my first post. I thought I'd use it to revive an answer to a firewall problem in 2015! Back in February 2015, Windows 10 legend @TairikuOkami came up with a really simple answer to a disabled Windows 10 firewall: In the registry, make sure the start...
  10. Win10 Defender anti-virus disabled

Win10 Defender anti-virus disabled: I have a fully updated Windows 10 laptop that had no less than 4 anti-virus programs on it and numerous other "junk". Even after a complete cleanup via programs uninstall, my Defender anti-virus will not turn on even though all the other Defender functions have a green...