Windows 10: How to disable "Ask to project to this PC" to "Never" option for inbuild Windows 10 Connect...

Discus and support How to disable "Ask to project to this PC" to "Never" option for inbuild Windows 10 Connect... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi all, I tried to setup a small PC behind a TV to run my own miracast "dongle". I need more functions than the normal MS miracast dongle.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Philippoius, Jan 29, 2020.

1. How to disable "Ask to project to this PC" to "Never" option for inbuild Windows 10 Connect...

How to disable "Ask to project to this PC" to "Never" option for inbuild Windows 10 Connect... -p9rjKIBsVx3cIsdOoPJP_r4hBiwYbryJW3Y7zZO8sk.jpg

Hi all,

I tried to setup a small PC behind a TV to run my own miracast "dongle". I need more functions than the normal MS miracast dongle. So I grabbed a Windows 10 PC (newest 1909 version) with WLAN, enabled Connect on it and made some tests.

It works exactly like the MS dongle, the only difference is every time a device wants to project its screen I have to enable the connection at PC. This is very annoying and I want to disable it completly.

Don't want to get this message anymore

Option like \"Never\" is missing, but I still need it

The problem is there are only options like "First time only" and "Every time a connection is requested". By default it looks like it is not possible to completely disable this "Ask to project to this PC" part.

What I already tried:

• I set DWORD "ConsentToast" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MiracastReceiver to 0 or 3, but then the setting still keeps at "Every time a connection is requested".
    • I already tried to change settings in Local Group Policy Editor > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Connect.

None of these steps has disabled the Ask to project part and I didn't find anything in this or another forum with this topic. So I hope I get any help here regarding this subject.

Many thanks in advance

- Philippoius

submitted by /u/Philippoius
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Philippoius, Jan 29, 2020

2. Project to my pc option missing

Hello,

One of the new features added to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update is called
    Projecting to this PC
    . It was designed to allow you to use a Wi-Fi connection to project the display from a Windows 10 computer or phone to another Windows 10 computer using a wireless network.

To use the Projecting to this PC feature on Windows 10, you need to customize the settings and then use Connect app to establish a connection.

Customizing Project to this PC on Windows 10

• Open Settings.
    • Under System, click on Projecting to this PC.
    • Customize Windows PCs and phone can project to this PC when say it's OK to make your device discoverable by other device you're trying to project.
    Projecting a device to computer

• Open Connect app on the device that you're tying to project a remote screen.
    • On the remote device (phone or other Windows 10 PC) please do the following:
    a. Open Action Center.

b. Click the Connect button.

c. Click the name of the device you're trying to project.

d. Check the Allow input from a keyboard or mouse connected to this display
    option.

Update us on the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Regarding Project to this PC

Hi,

Recent changes or updates applied to your devices can affect the connection from your PC to your tablet. It could be a delay on both devices, try reconnecting them back by disabling and enabling the option. Since you were able to connect before, we'd like
    to ask you a few questions:

• Can you tell us your settings under Projecting to this PC?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates applied to the PC or tablet?

Erika Aro, Jan 29, 2020
  4. How to disable "Ask to project to this PC" to "Never" option for inbuild Windows 10 Connect...

Jeraldine Ase, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

How to disable "Ask to project to this PC" to "Never" option for inbuild Windows 10 Connect...

1. How to disable "Ask to project to this PC" to "Never" option for inbuild Windows 10 Connect... - Similar Threads - disable Ask project

2. Project to This PC not showing me the PIN to connect from android. If i select "Never"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Project to This PC not showing me the PIN to connect from android. If i select "Never"...: Dear Team,I have added connect app using system-> projecting to this pc add optional feature - wireless display.Selected "Never" require pin but then also i was forced to enter the pin when connected to project from my androidI have changed to First time, always, nothing...
  3. Project to This PC not showing me the PIN to connect from android. If i select "Never"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Project to This PC not showing me the PIN to connect from android. If i select "Never"...: Dear Team,I have added connect app using system-> projecting to this pc add optional feature - wireless display.Selected "Never" require pin but then also i was forced to enter the pin when connected to project from my androidI have changed to First time, always, nothing...
  4. Disable Project to this PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable Project to this PC: Hi. I am trying to disable allow to PC to be projected. Last week I was forced to install the new windows update. There were a lot of bugs and the function to project the screen would open on its own even if there was no cable connected. I was able to uninstall the update and...
  5. Disable projecting to this pc, how to solve it??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable projecting to this pc, how to solve it??: Disable after installing windows 10 home single language.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-projecting-to-this-pc-how-to-solve-it/07e60a5e-8559-455d-bc40-0a6a3b54d797
  6. how to fix constantly popping of project options in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to fix constantly popping of project options in windows 10: I am facing a popping of project options in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-constantly-popping-of-project-options/e5fef443-2889-4f80-b160-699da6fd88b8
  7. How to change options on Project Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    How to change options on Project Spartan?: Just started looking at Spartan today and I'm struggling to work out how to do a few things, that I think were on the 'Internet Options' tab in IE. Can anyone tell me how to: Change how tabs work so when I open something in a new tab I automatically switch to that tab...
  8. Windows 10 install - key never asked for.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install - key never asked for.: After waiting months for my PCs to be upgraded (but failing due to drivers), I decided to manually install some. I used the media creation tool to create a windows 10 32&64bit install iso. at Windows 10 I booted each machine from the ISO, and installed windows 10. Never...
  9. Enable or Disable Projecting to this PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Projecting to this PC in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the...
  10. Change when to Ask to Project to this PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change when to Ask to Project to this PC in Windows 10: How to: Change when to Ask to Project to this PC in Windows 10 How to Change when to Ask to Project to this PC in Windows 10 The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to...